Fallout Sonora - v.1.0 released in Russian

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Golbolco

Golbolco First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2015
    I don't want to spoil anything, but when I was trying to help translate the game I found some cut content. Will future versions of Sonora (1.03 and beyond) restore some of these cut locations and other things?

2. garwert

garwert garwert

Nov 3, 2017
    Actually, a completely human-made translation of Fallout: Sonora is on the way. Here is a link to the Discord server: https://discord.gg/ECGgQeG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Oh, yeah, that was one of the more obscure stuff.

I don't know, is it really that way in Fallout 1&2 where new locations=new toys? Because it's all the same to me, i.e hunting rifle for early game, sniper rifle for midgame, and plasma rifle for lategame, in both the official games and the TC mods. I admit while I love Fallout's combat for its gore as much as the next guy, I never really paid attention to other things like weapon progression.

I never encountered this. Did you play Crazy Edition? Or perhaps that was a random encounter, and iirc some random encounters in Nevada can be revisited.

4. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 31, 2017
    Fix 4 - is done
    Work is underway on fix 5

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  5. Sagez

Sagez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2013
    Try going into southwestern corner of the map (wastes & no locations) and stay near mountains, you should encounter angry tribals. I think the majority of players might've never seen this encounter, because there's just an empty map with no roads (west from Vegas).

6. Black Angel

Mar 21, 2016
    West of Vegas or west of Uran City? Because Vegas is in southeastern corner of the map.

7. Sagez

Oct 29, 2013

You're right about Vegas location, my memory was blurred. I can't speak Russian but it's directly below YPAH-CNTN (Uran City I guess). Like 8/9 squares below.

8. Black Angel

Mar 21, 2016
    Yep, definitely Uran City.

I tried going there with an Outdoorsman-tagged char, but only encountered a pair of cannibal hunter as a random encounter. The only special encounter was Hardy Caravan literally on the southwesternmost corner of the map (5-0)

9. Sagez

Oct 29, 2013
    Yeah, and those cannibal hunters weren't carrying a unique weapon? Caravan was there too, so that's it.

10. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    They aren't really "special" as you don't see a circle around the bolt when you meet them.

They can be found in 3 different encounters:
    -a group of them armed with their special weapons (knives and spears)
    -2 guys and a dead body. You can find the same weapon as Patrick's on a body.
    -couple of hunters armed with unique weapons (pretty sweet for melee fighters) and their 2 small pet deathclaws

You can only meet them in the mountains north from the desert where you can meet Hardy.

11. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Version 1.05

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Mildly Dipped

Oct 28, 2009
    I can't find it in your database, can you provide a link?

13. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    link (without add-ons & minimods)
    in db update tomorrow

14. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  15. garwert

garwert garwert

Nov 3, 2017
    A screenshot dump for the human-made translation of F:Sonora that is currently in a WiP state. Do not worry, no spoilers here. These are the original promotional materials from Sonora's web-site, recreated in English.

More info on the Discord server: discord.gg/ECGgQeG