Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

I was trying with wine and FALLOUT2.EXE from GOG version and (attached screenshoot)!

This error happens if sfall 4.2.6 fails to initialize.
I presume it's not working properly under wine :/

Not sure if sfall guys are supporting wine, maybe filing in a bug with them would help

Not sure if sfall guys are supporting wine, maybe filing in a bug with them would help
I guess people sometimes forget to check the readme.
sfall-readme.txt said:
For Wine users:
You need to set DLL overrides for ddraw.dll to 'native, builtin' in winecfg or use WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ddraw=n,b" to run Fallout from the command line. If you want to play alternative sound files, you'll also need to install GStreamer Good 32-bit plugins.

scr00000.jpg

Not sure if this has been reported but thought I'd share this minor graphical glitch.

Thanks! Yes, it has been already reported and will be fixed in the next release :D
Ok, one more thing is the Mountains and City tiles on the world map still use the Desert map. I apologize if that has already been reported, just thought I’d share. Great work by the way!

One question I have (again, sorry if you’ve already answered this), how does my player character know the details of their trial? The dialogue for when you testify seems to imply events that couldn’t possible happen in the post war world.

Ok, one more thing is the Mountains and City tiles on the world map still use the Desert map. I apologize if that has already been reported, just thought I’d share.

Really? I was careful no to do something like that.
Or maybe it was a conscious decision in case the square was 50% city/50% mountain or similar.
Can you screenshot the square and hover your mouse over the green triangle so I can see where exactly is it?
There are 4200 squares on the world map :salute:

Great work by the way!

One question I have (again, sorry if you’ve already answered this), how does my player character know the details of their trial? The dialogue for when you testify seems to imply events that couldn’t possible happen in the post war world.

Depending on the answers, the Prisoner decides to play along with the fake setup that is his/her trial. It's all just a make-believe to appease the mad AI. More answers as to what's really happening are on the way with future releases so stay tuned :)

Really? I was careful no to do something like that.
Or maybe it was a conscious decision in case the square was 50% city/50% mountain or similar.
Can you screenshot the square and hover your mouse over the green triangle so I can see where exactly is it?
There are 4200 squares on the world map :salute:

Depending on the answers, the Prisoner decides to play along with the fake setup that is his/her trial. It's all just a make-believe to appease the mad AI. More answers as to what's really happening are on the way with future releases so stay tuned :)
Okay, I’ll get a screenshot when I have time. Another thing is the world map screen started flickering when I got near the edge of the map. Flickering between the world map and the character screen. I tried to take a screenshot of that but the screenshots didn’t show any “flickering”

scr00005.jpg
scr00006.jpg

Alright, here's two examples. The City one is north of Tibbets, Tibbets is actually one tile below the most southern explored tile in that image. For the record, every Mountain and City tile I've landed on has shown the Desert map, it might just be a problem on my end. Coast tiles work fine.

Okay, I’ll get a screenshot when I have time. Another thing is the world map screen started flickering when I got near the edge of the map. Flickering between the world map and the character screen. I tried to take a screenshot of that but the screenshots didn’t show any “flickering”

The flickering is a known issue that happens when you're traveling the world map for a long time. It will be permanently fixed in the next release. In the meantime, try replacing your ddraw.ini from the one in this zip and see if it goes away.

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday.219083/page-8#post-4391933

View attachment 16474 View attachment 16475
Alright, here's two examples. The City one is north of Tibbets, Tibbets is actually one tile below the most southern explored tile in that image.

I don't get it... there's nothing wrong with these. Mountains are on the mountains square and City is on the city square. Did you expect something else?

For the record, every Mountain and City tile I've landed on has shown the Desert map, it might just be a problem on my end. Coast tiles work fine.

That's an engine limitation. When you stop on your own, Fallout's engine doesn't pick a random map from a list of random encounters maps, it always displays a desert map. The first one I believe. Maybe I can find a workaround for this, I'll add it to my todo list.

The flickering is a known issue that happens when you're traveling the world map for a long time. It will be permanently fixed in the next release. In the meantime, try replacing your ddraw.ini from the one in this zip and see if it goes away.

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday.219083/page-8#post-4391933

I don't get it... there's nothing wrong with these. Mountains are on the mountains square and City is on the city square. Did you expect something else?

That's an engine limitation. When you stop on your own, Fallout's engine doesn't pick a random map from a list of random encounters maps, it always displays a desert map. The first one I believe. Maybe I can find a workaround for this, I'll add it to my todo list.
Oh, sorry, I never realized that! I guess there is no problem then.

Some minor thoughts for future releases/questions:
- When the player returns to Tibbets it would be great to see new dialogue/floats for NPCs. I guess that many prisoners will escape, but some will willingly stay or will be stopped by robots. This is a minor thing, but imho it's great when you return to a location and you see some changes.
- Skinning, also a minor thing. I guess there will be an opportunity to learn it, I guess early. It would make a trapper run viable, Foxx found a way to make skinning connected to Outdoorsman skill (a chance to spoil a skin if skill is too low).
- More crafting for Repair and Science characters. Personally I think that making/upgrading armor would be the most satisfying (new armors with new animations would require a lot of work, but I guess upgrading leather jacket to combat leather jacket would be doable).
- We know that FY map is very large and that's sweet, but will there be railways and usable trains in the future (fast travel option for some locations)?
-
I'm not sure about it myself, but maybe when playing as a supermutant we could get a flamer instead of 10mm pistol? I'm fine with supermutants using small guns, but there are no animations for them at the moment

Thank you! :)

- When the player returns to Tibbets it would be great to see new dialogue/floats for NPCs. I guess that many prisoners will escape, but some will willingly stay or will be stopped by robots. This is a minor thing, but imho it's great when you return to a location and you see some changes.
- Skinning, also a minor thing. I guess there will be an opportunity to learn it, I guess early. It would make a trapper run viable, Foxx found a way to make skinning connected to Outdoorsman skill (a chance to spoil a skin if skill is too low).
- More crafting for Repair and Science characters. Personally I think that making/upgrading armor would be the most satisfying (new armors with new animations would require a lot of work, but I guess upgrading leather jacket to combat leather jacket would be doable).
- We know that FY map is very large and that's sweet, but will there be railways and usable trains in the future (fast travel option for some locations)?
-
I'm not sure about it myself, but maybe when playing as a supermutant we could get a flamer instead of 10mm pistol? I'm fine with supermutants using small guns, but there are no animations for them at the moment

Supermutants dont use small guns,this will not make sense.Only you work for Bethesda and have never played a Fallout game, and dont understand it.

A Supermutant can hold a minigun with one arm they prefer big guns and energy weapons, or some powerfists.

Only you work for Bethesda and have never played a Fallout game, and dont understand it.
Man, can you stop being an ass to everyone? You're not being cool here right now. Besides, he didn't suggest to give small guns to super mutants, he says that super mutants *currently having* small guns doesn't work because the obvious lack of animations. Besides#2, just because super mutants can't use small guns in the classic games, it doesn't mean they would never be able to use small guns.

Man, can you stop being an ass to everyone? You're not being cool here right now. Besides, he didn't suggest to give small guns to super mutants, he says that super mutants *currently having* small guns doesn't work because the obvious lack of animations. Besides#2, just because super mutants can't use small guns in the classic games, it doesn't mean they would never be able to use small guns.

They cant use them because they have a bigger hand as a normal human.

And i was long ago a member in hexers team, i know they wanted make new animations for supermutants and ghouls.

And why beeing a ass to everyone this is a forum,and i am the coolest person in whole world.

Yeah, you're kinda not all that cool. How about we all be nice to each other?

Mutants, stop fighting please. :vatted:

Vali, I don't remember you nor can I find you among the 2014 team members.
Did you use a different nickname in 2014 or you joined after I left? What did you do on the project?

Of course, this is already in for the next release!

Trappers will get more love than just the ability to skin their kills. :ok:

Best items in the game will be those that you can craft yourself so allocate those skill points wisely.

Yes, you will be able to fast travel to some locations. Trains? You'll see :)

-

Actually, I allowed super mutants to use all sort of weapons. In-game explanation on how they're using smaller guns is that they've modded them onto a bigger, two handed rig.

You're welcome!

Mutants, stop fighting please. :vatted:

Vali, I don't remember you nor can I find you among the 2014 team members.
Did you use a different nickname in 2014 or you joined after I left? What did you do on the project?

Of course, this is already in for the next release!

Trappers will get more love than just the ability to skin their kills. :ok:

Best items in the game will be those that you can craft yourself so allocate those skill points wisely.

Yes, you will be able to fast travel to some locations. Trains? You'll see :)

Actually, I allowed super mutants to use all sort of weapons. In-game explanation on how they're using smaller guns is that they've modded them onto a bigger, two handed rig.

You're welcome!

Hexer i was the guy make some arts for you. My Nickname was Kane Vollstrecker.

@Hassknecht in real life you are only a worm, i will take you with single punch down, but here you think you are a big woman i give a fuck of you or you 4 gaylords that follow you like dogs. you have now 4 fans, but i dont like this 4 guys(Lexx, Sagez,5545Trey, Risewild-Cocksuckers and Ladyboys) so ignore them for now.

Sorry hexer for that in your thread but i dont like worms like them.

Last edited:
Back