First round of Fallout 4 Reviews

GiantBomb review is up: http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/fallout-4-pc-review/1900-726/

PC version gets a 4 out of 5. Console versions get a 3 out of 5.

Having a pre-war player character here is a cool idea that maybe doesn't get played up as much as it could have. As you're presented with things that any Fallout player would simply recognize as the current state of the world, the hero largely accepts everything without batting an eyelash. Every creature, from deathclaws to radroaches, is simply taken at face value, and the game's annoyingly generalized dialogue system rarely gives you the opportunity to express any incredulity at the state of this "modern" world. Actually, the dialogue system, which now just gives you vague ideas of what your character might say, failed me more than a few times by serving up lines that, tonally, didn't fit with what I was expecting. I'd rather just see the full text of the responses and not be surprised or forced to reload when the outcome is poor.

If one actually reads the user reviews on Metacritic, it's surprising to see how many of those who give the game a 10/10 still criticise it on a number of accounts, even if indirectly or implicitly, but defend the faults with that they don't matter or are to be expected in such a huge game. And since that critique is coming from people who obviously love the game and Bethesda to death, it's rather safe to assume that it is warranted and that anyone less well predisposed to the game might find the faults greatly detrimental to their playing experience.

Hell even in the "professional" critic reviews they kept bringing up the bugs and performance issues that plague this game. Yet they still gave the game a 9 or a 10 with the excuse that "its a feature" or "its to be expected from a Bethesda game" or my favorite "we should just be privileged to have a another Fallout game! Those that complain about bugs and other issues are just entitled!"
This is just disgusting! There should be no excuse for releasing a broken product to the consumer.

Broken means it doesn't work at all. FFS The Witcher had a patch to fix 600 bugs and issues or something thereabouts.

Um... No. To me broken is having a bunch of bugs and glitches plague the game to the point that its almost unplayable. There is many definitions to the term broken in a video game. Why you are choosing to defend Bethesda and their dirty business practices and denial is beyond me.

It isn't unplayable for almost anyone, broken means unplayable. I'm not defending anyone I'm criticizing your poor usage of the term.

Then that is really stupid of you because many people have been saying that the game crashes constantly or the bugs and fps drops make it unplayable to them. If that's not broken then I don't now what is but if living in your delusional fantasy world helps you play and like this game then more power to you.

Some people experiencing crashes = the game is totally broken? Good logic.

If one actually reads the user reviews on Metacritic, it's surprising to see how many of those who give the game a 10/10 still criticise it on a number of accounts, even if indirectly or implicitly, but defend the faults with that they don't matter or are to be expected in such a huge game. And since that critique is coming from people who obviously love the game and Bethesda to death, it's rather safe to assume that it is warranted and that anyone less well predisposed to the game might find the faults greatly detrimental to their playing experience.

Hell even in the "professional" critic reviews they kept bringing up the bugs and performance issues that plague this game. Yet they still gave the game a 9 or a 10 with the excuse that "its a feature" or "its to be expected from a Bethesda game" or my favorite "we should just be privileged to have a another Fallout game! Those that complain about bugs and other issues are just entitled!"
This is just disgusting! There should be no excuse for releasing a broken product to the consumer.

Broken means it doesn't work at all. FFS The Witcher had a patch to fix 600 bugs and issues or something thereabouts.

Um... No. To me broken is having a bunch of bugs and glitches plague the game to the point that its almost unplayable. There is many definitions to the term broken in a video game. Why you are choosing to defend Bethesda and their dirty business practices and denial is beyond me.

I haven't experienced one single bug.

Saying that this game is broken is ridiculous.

Saying that this game has a shitty dialogue system and inconsistent writing is true however. -_-

Fallout 3 was a milestone back in the day... The milestone of this generation is Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 can't reach the same level.

Man, Metacritic is just useless. Hilarious, but useless :D
4.8 right now, btw.
I'd certainly like to see a score aggregate of actually honest reviews, and not just hyped fanboys and bitter trolls.

I think just taking the numbers and throwing out the 10's and 0's would give you that. Anyone willing to put in the minimal effort to pick a number between them probably evaluated the game enough to use their score as data.

It isn't unplayable for almost anyone, broken means unplayable. I'm not defending anyone I'm criticizing your poor usage of the term.

Then that is really stupid of you because many people have been saying that the game crashes constantly or the bugs and fps drops make it unplayable to them. If that's not broken then I don't now what is but if living in your delusional fantasy world helps you play and like this game then more power to you.

I love how you you keep making excuse after excuse for this game. Why you have trolled here for so long I have no idea as you have not convinced anyone here that they are wrong. A bad game is just that BAD. And Fallout 4 fell between bad to mediocre. Don't you think that a costumer has a right to have a product that isn't a bug filled mess or has terrible fps drops? Then again your the idiot that stated that people who don't want to spend 60 dollars on this trainwreck are being entitled.

I love how you you keep making excuse after excuse for this game. Why you have trolled here for so long I have no idea as you have not convinced anyone here that they are wrong. A bad game is just that BAD. And Fallout 4 fell between bad to mediocre. Don't you think that a costumer has a right to have a product that isn't a bug filled mess or has terrible fps drops? Then again your the idiot that stated that people who don't want to spend 60 dollars on this trainwreck are being entitled.

Dude it's just not as bad as you say.

Have you played it? Suresome people have bugs, but it's by no means a broken game.

But for a lot of people it is. Not everyone had suffered the game breaking bugs that plagued Arkham Knight but that didn't mean that it was not broken for most people. When even console gamers are complaining about bugs and fps drops then something is up.

But for a lot of people it is. Not everyone had suffered the game breaking bugs that plagued Arkham Knight but that didn't mean that it was not broken for most people. When even console gamers are complaining about bugs and fps drops then something is up.

All the zero's on metacritic are either trolls or people overreacting.

Go look on steam forums or reddit. I haven't found a single person who says it's broken. Some people complaining about bugs or framedrops.

Before people are going to call me a fanboy. This game sure has flaws. I am not saying it's a 10/10 GOTY.

So uh... I know it's a bit early but Fallout New Vegas on Steam has 31,513 positive reviews and 1,230 negative reviews whereas Fallout 4 has 5,921 positive and 1,400 negative.
That's... Interesting.

[edit]

Well, kostjamoscow, a bunch of 0's may very well be what you said. But a bunch of 10's will be from people that hasn't had a thought in that skull of theirs since 1997. You really think that no overhyped people just go put 10 on the game because they're caught up in the hype? Yeah, there are useless reviews and ratings that just go 0, but the same goes for 10. It balances out, kostkamoscow. It balances itself out.

Last edited:

All the zero's on metacritic are either trolls or people overreacting.

Go look on steam forums or reddit. I haven't found a single person who says it's broken. Some people complaining about bugs or framedrops.

Before people are going to call me a fanboy. This game sure has flaws. I am not saying it's a 10/10 GOTY.

You lost all credibility when you said to go on Reddit and Steam. Even the most mediocre game can get a positive on Steam. Very rarely do you see something like Arkham Knight and Reddit, well, there is a reason why Reddit is a fucking joke here.

Ooh we have a new runner up in the making shit up awards! I never said anyone who doesn't want to buy this for 60 bucks is entitled you lying sack of shit. Nor do I have to convince anyone they're wrong, that's not my job. I simply point out hilarious biases, bad logic and nonsense. You sound absolutely insane by the way, you never have any clue to what you're talking about.

Fallout LoreMaster..... er I mean Bethesda Fan-Boying Retard/Head CircleJerker
Says; Fallout 4 is near perfect game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1GahqglVk

Yeah, That guy is one of the biggest corporate cuck, I've ever seen. I remember his circle jerk early in this year about how bethesda was listening to the community.

:roffle: Listening to the community? Good one! Its also quite funny how in almost ever negative review I have seen for Fallout 4 they bring up New Vegas saying that Fallout 4 is a major downgrade from what Obsidian established and Beth really should have looked back at New Vegas for inspiration and pointers. Looks like Obsidian, Saywer and Avellone got the last laugh.

:roffle: Listening to the community? Good one! Its also quite funny how in almost ever negative review I have seen for Fallout 4 they bring up New Vegas saying that Fallout 4 is a major downgrade from what Obsidian established and Beth really should have looked back at New Vegas for inspiration and pointers. Looks like Obsidian, Saywer and Avellone got the last laugh.

Yeah, time to bring out one of my favorite lines...

BETHESDA GOT CUCKED AND FUCKED.

Hear that bethesda? I think that is the witcher 3 calling for their GOTY...

Okay, Enough with passive-aggressive business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ooh we have a new runner up in the making shit up awards! I never said anyone who doesn't want to buy this for 60 bucks is entitled you lying sack of shit. Nor do I have to convince anyone they're wrong, that's not my job. I simply point out hilarious biases, bad logic and nonsense. You sound absolutely insane by the way, you never have any clue to what you're talking about.

So people complaining about bugs, glitches to the point where it floods and takes up Bethesda own forums is bias and nonsense? Funny how you call me insane when you have been here trolling for months and complaining about how we are calling out Bethesda for their shitty business practices and not delivering what they promised(8 different endings!). I am starting to wonder if you are a masochist or if your head truly is the void.

Ooh we have a new runner up in the making shit up awards! I never said anyone who doesn't want to buy this for 60 bucks is entitled you lying sack of shit. Nor do I have to convince anyone they're wrong, that's not my job. I simply point out hilarious biases, bad logic and nonsense. You sound absolutely insane by the way, you never have any clue to what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

So people complaining about bugs, glitches to the point where it floods and takes up Bethesda own forums is bias and nonsense? Funny how you call me insane when you have been here trolling for months and complaining about how we are calling out Bethesda for their shitty business practices and not delivering what they promised(8 different endings!). I am starting to wonder if you are a masochist or if your head truly is the void.[/QUOTE]

WOW, that BattleClown is really Butt-Hurting hard over this

Fallout LoreMaster..... er I mean Bethesda Fan-Boying Retard/Head CircleJerker
Says; Fallout 4 is near perfect game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN1GahqglVk

Why am I watching this idiot fanboy? :|

EDIT: Browsing through his videos and they all seem to be about Fallout 3 and 4. I don't see anything about New Vegas except a video about how Obsidian might never make another Fallout again. Haven't watched it to see what he thinks about it but I'm sure he's fine with Obsidian not doing another one as long as Bethesda does it I guess. Just guessing. *shrug*

Last edited:
Few things:
1. Many of the reviews are still not up for metacritic. Destructoid gave it a 7.5 for instance and hasn't appeared on metacritic.

2. Time for some new numbers:

FO4 Metacritic - 87(PS4) - 88(XB1) - 87(PC)
User reviews - 5.5(PS4) - 5.4(XB1) - 4.7(PC)

Negative reviews - 307(PS4) - 177(XB1) - 652(PC) = 1136

Puts it at more negative reviews than FO3 and NV combined which is 805.

-

Negative Steam reviews = 1482. It basically has a 80 on steam assuming a binary system since out of every 5 reviews 1 is negative.

Last edited:
Back