First XCOM screens

Lexx said:
Yeh, hint for all the evil creatures out in the world: Even if it might fit your character and looks evil, don't place large numbers of spikes on your walls. It will just work out wrong for you.

Especially in a game universe where Telekinesis is a relatively easy skill to maser.

So.

Let's stop buying corporate garbage and dump our funds into Indie-games.

Ya know, people who like coding and creating instead of making games for fucking money.

))<>(( said:
So.

Let's stop buying corporate garbage and dump our funds into Indie-games.

Ya know, people who like coding and creating instead of making games for fucking money.

Since they aren't in it for the money I wouldn't give them any money because it'll cloud their pure intentions of coding and creating.

Kilus said:
Since they aren't in it for the money I wouldn't give them any money because it'll cloud their pure intentions of coding and creating.
I've always been a proponent of the idea that indie games should be payable in food stamps.

Isn't another Deus Ex game being made?

Yep. Although, I hear Square Enix is saying it's very close to the first one.

As for X-COM, does everything have to be set in the 50's or 50's themed?

Gaddes said:

Square Enix? Deus Ex?

:clap:

That'll be awesome! Imagine a 16-year old emo JC denton with spiky black hair running around with a sharpened support beam longer than himself, handling it like it was paper. All while being capable of vertical running, unassisted flight and all that with his antropomorphic talking pet bat, with gigantic animu eyes.

Heck, how about we put Mickey Mouse in too, after all Mickey Mouse isn't for children, it's srs business. And the smurfs, all in the Deus Ex spirit of planning a universe-wide conspiracy to steal the pseudomagic waterpipe of life with the help of evil demons who aren't really evil, just nobody luvs them.

Here's how it'd look, only with next-gen graphics: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGcsKp67Yuo[/youtube]

---

As for x-com, meh. I've written it off as a loss a long time ago. If X-com was a smart, charming girl then by now she's a toothless crack whore giving BJ's for 5 bucks. It really can't get much worse, can it?

---

Now Jagged Alliance, that would be interesting. I can already see the Next-Gen 11/10 blockbuster AAA title: "One man, Arnold Stone is sent to the country of Warevrya to kill the corrupt dictator and restore order. Use tens of different guns, blow up red barrels and cars, be immune to bullets by waiting out that sucking chest wound behind cover, all while pulling out magazines from an infinite supply located in your private area!"

archont said:
Gaddes said:

Square Enix? Deus Ex?

:clap:

That'll be awesome! Imagine a 16-year old emo JC denton with spiky black hair running around with a sharpened support beam longer than himself, handling it like it was paper. All while being capable of vertical running, unassisted flight and all that with his antropomorphic talking pet bat, with gigantic animu eyes.

Heck, how about we put Mickey Mouse in too, after all Mickey Mouse isn't for children, it's srs business. And the smurfs, all in the Deus Ex spirit of planning a universe-wide conspiracy to steal the pseudomagic waterpipe of life with the help of evil demons who aren't really evil, just nobody luvs them.

Here's how it'd look, only with next-gen graphics: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGcsKp67Yuo[/youtube]

---

As for x-com, meh. I've written it off as a loss a long time ago. If X-com was a smart, charming girl then by now she's a toothless crack whore giving BJ's for 5 bucks. It really can't get much worse, can it?

---

Now Jagged Alliance, that would be interesting. I can already see the Next-Gen 11/10 blockbuster AAA title: "One man, Arnold Stone is sent to the country of Warevrya to kill the corrupt dictator and restore order. Use tens of different guns, blow up red barrels and cars, be immune to bullets by waiting out that sucking chest wound behind cover, all while pulling out magazines from an

infinite supply located in your private area!"

lol. I think both Eidos Montreal and SE are both helming the development. I'm not sure how it's gonna play out but so far it seems like they are keeping close to the first one.

New E3 trailer.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNlC19Vcvrw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed>

It's...

So managing bases, soldiers, scientists, technology and manufacturing as well as handling combat situations tactically has been reduced to shooting black blobs in suburbia. Racist?

I guess what the world needs are more action shooters and laywers. Cause we dont have enough from both ...

Dudes, why are is there 80's style modern architecture in my 1950s alien shoot-em-up/photo-em-up marathon?

Generally, I like the look of this new game, despite the rather poor walking animations of them fellows strollen tensely through the door. If it weren't called X-com, I'd like like.

Really, how is this related in any way to X-Com? None of the enemies remind me of it. Nor does the charachers, nor what you're doing! Where's the 3-tier uber awesome reasearch trees? The labratories? The scientists?! I mean . . . First responders are awesome, even with shotguns, but . . .

On a side note, the dimensional portals look quite a bit like Apocolypse's.

Still, the enemies?! X-com?! No.

No.
No.
No.

I'm calm. I'm okay. Breathe.

this video reminds me of the saying:

"better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

or something like this...

of course this makes me think of:

"better to be thought a shitty fps game than to show a video and remove all doubt"

The trailer looks really uninteresting, to be honest. I don't see the appeal of hunting black blobs in people's houses, it's like a rip-off of ghostbusters or something. :lol:

Oh well, another classic franchise down the drain. Which next, may I ask? :?

wow.

that looks like total fucking shit. first of all, it has nothing to do with X-Com whatsoever. second, it really looks like utter crap. graphics are horrible and gameplay looks extremely boring.

I don't know if I'm gonna cry, laugh or punch something. or a combination of the above.

Back