funniest moments from fallout games

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by probably_not_a_mutie, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Mr Krepe

Mr Krepe Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 28, 2010
    Actually, I was rather tired and hyper when I first saw a securitron in NV move quickly I nearly cried. I wonder if the developers were like "Hey, this securitron thing, it has one wheel, does it just go in a straight line?", then some amazing genius decided, "NO! It must move as if...ROLLERSKATING!"

It makes Victor look extremely stylish when he swerves up to you cowboy hat n'all, then saying something along the lines of "We need to stop meeting like this, people are starting to talk, he he he".

2. darby70

darby70 First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2010
    Funny FO2 moment, I just joined the Rangers and then signed up for a caravan to Redding. On the trip I encountered 'Rangers fighting off Marauders', suddenly a ranger accidentally shoots a guard and starts a three way war between the factions. I just stood still and watched my team slaughter my team. It was horrible and hilarious.

3. RogerMaxson37

RogerMaxson37 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 9, 2011
    (Fallout) 3's main quest. When the BoS and the Enclave were fighting over who got to turn on the water purifier first, Benny Hill music should have been playing.

4. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Not particular funny, but...

... I always loved it when I use the flamer (in Fo1/2) and it is exploding in my hands on a critical fail.

5. ajmmorrow

ajmmorrow First time out of the vault

Aug 6, 2011
    my best and funniest moment on fallout should be when i was using the anti material rifle on new Vegas and i shot a securitron and he flew all the way down the strip and went through the door into freeside and kept going til he hit the outer wall of new vegas its was funny as hell

6. Happened to me with a pulse rifle. I laughed really hard and said "Hey, at least they got damaged from the explosion!"
    I immeadiately reloaded.

7. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Another funny Moment I got recently while beating Dead Money with my Tribal character, I used the Mauler on Elijah, and well he just fell off the platform we were in, I killed the guy Leonidas Style, it doesn't sound that funny but I laughed hard while looking at Elijah slowly falling to his death and then everything coming back to normal speed. If only we had Kicks in New Vegas liek we had in FO2.

8. LeABCGuy

LeABCGuy First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2011
    The moment I ate Mortimer with the Cannibal Perk.
    Lol what an irony!

9. ViewedCloth

ViewedCloth Still Mildly Glowing

May 20, 2011
    At the slideshow conclusion of Fallout 2, I was pretty happy, but when I heard Myron died, I fucking LOST IT, I was LITERALLY rolling on the floor laughing

10. Madae

Madae First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2007
    Lot of good memories in here! Personally, I've always liked;

[spoiler:8500754066]1. Talking smack to the Enclave guard in Gecko.

2. Listening to Myron tell his story about Jet and getting irritated at someone else being smarter than him. This conversation was always one of my favorites. For some reason, listening to him tell this story was so interesting/entertaining, and mostly because he has -zero- tact about what he has done.

3. Of course; low intelligence characters talking with Torr. (Imagine if that was really what it was like... like two babies babbling at each other - for all you know, they are having the most intelligent conversation in the world!)

4. I think it's Jagged Jimmy Jay (the first guy you meet at Reno) - at any rate, he has some really funny lines about the "goings-on" about Reno, especially about Mrs. Bishop.[/spoiler:8500754066]

Hmm, I'm sure I can probably think of some other ones, but it's been awhile since I've played these (at least a year or so!).

Here's some more;

[spoiler:8500754066]1. Meeting Metzger for the first time as a woman - quick and to the point; "What the fuck do you want you ugly bitch, this ain't a fuckin' whore house". Poetry!

2. Pulling out the viruses in the Sierra Army Depot and dropping them - uh, time to go![/spoiler:8500754066]

You missed Elijah's phat-lootz!

11. ViewedCloth

ViewedCloth Still Mildly Glowing

May 20, 2011
    I liked Muggy, Holy fuck-sticks I loved him, and what he said, made me cry with laughter

12. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk modoc, den, grave Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    Hah, awesome. I don't think I've ever played either of them with a female character. I think I'll go do that now... Thanks!

13. teakince

teakince First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2011
    I once saw a screen shot of a character in Fallout 2 saying, "I can't believe I didn't make the cut for the original!"

14. Madae

Madae First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2007
    Wasn't that at that special encounter with the Maltese Falcon?

15. TheDidact

TheDidact First time out of the vault

Aug 4, 2011
    The four Dead Horses at the Dead Horse camp standing by the campfire drinking Nuka-Cola, reminded me of King of the Hill.

16. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    This is a Tactics special encounter correct...I don't know why but IMO Tactics would have been a better game without any random encounters, and I didn't really enjoy the special encounters in Tactics. :shrug:

17. TheDidact

TheDidact First time out of the vault

Aug 4, 2011
    Funny, but no, they are in the Honest Hearts DLC.

18. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Yes, the Café of Broken Dreams.

19. SilentRiC

SilentRiC First time out of the vault

May 19, 2013
    Wasn't sure whether you guys here preferred 'grave digging' or cloned topic creating so I went for the former. This one tickled the hell out of me in Fallout 2:

So I happens across a farmer, wife, son and daughter under attack from a small pack of radscorpions, the wife's killed early on. The farmer pleas with the scorpions "please don't burn my house down" which gave me a chuckle (like the time someone said to a giant rat "this is what we do to vermin..." or calls an animal an ugly bastard etc.). The farmer then accidentally shoots his young daughter, scaring the boy away, but the girl survives and proceeds to beat Dad up for the rest of the battle. While she's punching him, he taunts her with "Did your mama teach you that move?" which took the cake for me, especially as her dear old mother is lying in a pool of blood next to them. Finally the last scorpion is killed, at which point the farmer turns his shotgun to his daughter and starts blasting away at her, sending her running off screaming. I mercifully end the battle at which point they all go back to being a happy family.

Sometimes unsophisticated AI is the most rewarding kind. Not often though.

20. EnclaveForever

EnclaveForever It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 21, 2013
    Being chewed out by Sergeant Dornan, that was by far the most intense rant I've ever heard.