Fallout 2 mod Getting ready for Fallout Sonora translation

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Stampedo

Stampedo First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2011
    I found a bug, in Phoenix I'm supposed to look for a guy from the "liberation party" at the Union Station, after a successful discussion with the inquisitor guarding the door, he says he would be releasing both of us but he doesn't. And he becomes aggressive if I try to release the dude myself.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. Fic_Mon

Fic_Mon First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2020
    Can you open up the translation on github so others can help with the project or add me to your team wherever it is? I've made some improvements to the translation which I would like to contribute.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Richardson

Richardson First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2010
    Hi ! Maybe I'm missing something with the translation, I've just get a 50 caliber pistol, the description say it requires some special perk (Can't find which one) to be used because of its weight and noise. I've 105 in light weapon skill, and 9 in Strentgh, but my % chance of hitting is much lower with it than with any other pistol, do you know where this comes from please?

4. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    Perhaps because the ammo for this gun has some bad Armor Class modifiers.. they acually add to the critter's armor class and thus lowering your chance to hit, as an offset they give huge bonus to lower physical damage resistance, which helps a lot with armord targets, and damage in general.

On the contrary JHP ammo or jacketed hollowed point ammo or shotgun buckshot shells have negative armor class modiiers, bu positive damage resistance modifiers, which reflects their true physical properties, it's easier to hit with this but a lot less damage to armored targets. they also have a general damage multipiler which is sepose to simulate more damage done to unarmored targets, which they both do in reality.

5. Richardson

Richardson First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2010
    Thanks and sorry I don't reply earlier.
    After a lot of try it seems it requires more than 100 in "Light weapon", with 140 I've 95% chance to hit even targetting the eyes.

6. Kadu Lagos

Kadu Lagos Ghost Vaquero

Jan 14, 2020
    Good to see there's still progress being made for this. I've been waiting 4 years already but haven't dared to touch the machine translations, partial or not. Would be too much for my OCD.
    I suppose at this point I'll just wait til it's all done, best of luck as always.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4