GOG having a sell on D&D games!

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Takashi, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Takashi

Takashi Chimichangas!

Dec 20, 2003
    http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

Ten games for $21.10, or individual games for ~40% off

Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
    Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
    Icewind Dale 2 Complete
    Icewind Dale Complete
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    The Temple of Elemental Evil
    Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
    Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
    Planescape: Torment

2. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    Well now.

3. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    I'm probably going to get this minus Dragonshard and Demon Stone. it will only save a dollar but those games look pretty cruddy. Am I missing out?

4. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    I went ahead and got Planescape: Torment. With the recommended mods. $4 well worth spent so far. I feel behind not playing this sooner. Are the Icewind Dale games any good? I've heard conflicting things on them.

Most of these I own already though.

5. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    IWD(2) is like BG tactics. Very combat heavy. I think they're great.

6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    well if you like the D&D combat on PC then you cant go wrong with Icewind Dale. Just dont expect much of an story with big CC and all that.

7. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Icewind Dale is a far better game than Baldur's Gate in my opinion, much better combat encounter design and good dungeons/puzzles, and Icewind Dale 2 is a pretty good improvement in some ways as well. Baldur's Gate 2 is better than both aside from a few sections, though.

8. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    I love neverwinter but i'm currently saving every coin i can due to some "minor" spendingspree that left my lake of gold all dried up..

I'm also playing 99% of my games on steam and seeing how that one is not on there i guess i can live without it :P

9. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I bought the few games there I didn't already own. Definitely a wonderful sale.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

10. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
  11. Dukeanumberone

Dukeanumberone It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 11, 2012
    this seemed like a good sale, prob would habe bought it if I saw it in time. Still, nothing like boxed games on the shelf, kinda like books on the shelf vs in a kindle.

12. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    I liked how you could remove The Temple of Elemental Evil from many of the different configurations and the price for the pack would increase(over a $1 in one case). Not the first sales of this type GOG I've seen that had this problem. They should better check their sales so this isn't possible.

13. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    That's weird, i tried it out with other combos and the price would modestly lower.

I forgot to buy all of these :(