How do I control this game with mouse only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmerwmd

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I just started playing it maybe i am missing something, but the game is controlled like something designed as a FPS console game and then adapted to PC as an afterthought.

I mean hunting for buttons on the key board for weapons and inventory and saving, etc WTF????

Is there a setting i can toggle so there are buttof for inventory etc on rhe screen that one can control with a mouse during game play?
and if not is there amod out for that?

all one should need to play a pc game is a.mouse not a Xbox controller , pushing keyboard buttons is totall unacceptable..

thats had we used ot do it in 1988, there is no excuse for a game that game out in 2009 and has such system requirements to not have some access buttong for inventory and wpns etc on the "frame" of the scene..

I been waiting to getFO 3 this since 1998 and signed one of the petions years ago for FO 3 but this seems a bit like a FPS at least in its contgrols..

Or am I missing something and just doing it totally wrong?

You probably jsut have some coordination problems, because it uses typical keyboard movement WADS to move, I don't see how you would need to"Hunt down for buttons" there, I really have no idea how woudl you expect to move around using only the mouse, it sounds liek some Apple style of desing bullshit, and maybe you didn't noticed by the POV but IT IS A FPS!

It is Fo 3 so it should be a RPG not a FPS.

I had heard from others that it has FPS elements but i can tell now they may get in the way of the rpg.

I usually dont play a FPS, as frantically pushing buttons to fire at targets is kids stuff to me.
Am in the army i have real weapons to play with I prefer a interesting plot.

Like i said this set up makes me think of someone designing a game as a console game first and then just adapting it to PC.

Now I understand why everyone in the FO community seems to rag on it...
Lets hope the plot makes up for it.

Since i dont play FPS i only play PC RPG's or strategy.
But from your post i take it the answer to my question is no...

I do have high hopes for the plot but honestly if i had known this inetrface was so cumbersome compared to the originals i might have not bought it...
well back to 1988 now playing with a keyboard

If you are going for good plot on a recent fallout game, skip Fallout 3, and play new vegas. And how did you buy a game before watchign how it was palyed before? it was maybe excusable back when the internet didn't exist, or it was too primtive but now you have a lot mroe resources to see how a agme is before buying it.

I dont like spoilers so i stay away from walktrhough or anything that will sopil the experience.

so i purposefully stayed away from the FO 3 forums

I heard PPL rag on it but i thoguth no way it can be that bad and i was no am looking forward to exploring the wasteland and the graphics:)

Actually i was s egae rot play the game when it came out I bought it on the exact day it came out snce i had been waiting for FO3 for 10 years..

but then my desktop couldnt handle the requirement so i sold it.

Now i ahve a new laptop which can handle the game fine so I got it right away.

So my expectations where very high...

PS: You cna control FO 1 and FO 2 and even FO tactics with one hand and mouse only..:)

you can just watch demos, and the traielrs always have gameplay on them.

Yes yo ucan control FO 1, 2 and Tactics with the mouse, but they have a diferent gameplay, they are turn based games with point and click movement, they are not real time FPS rpgs :roll: , I don't know how can you control a FPS with the mosue only.

I think eventually someonew ill come up with a mod that places a skill dex on the screen for hen using skills and a items, wpns use, stimback use etc tabs on the bottomof the screen restoring FO 1 and FO 2 like playability

PS: u said NV is better? how are the controls like a RPG or like a console game adapted to PC?

I guess having to press the same 6 buttons and having your hand over the keyboard is too much for todays stadards. How the fuck do you expect to control a real time fp rpg game with only two buttons and a wheel? that sounds liek very uncomfortable control scheme, I can't understand why woudl you want that, are you that lazy as to not beign able to keep one of yoru hands over the keyboard? have you play any kind of game that is not a turn based rpg or tactical game?
Fallotu New Vegas ahs the same controls as Fallotu 3, You should watch demos and trailers before askign such stupid questions about how the game is played after buying it.

Young man i belive your "answers" are becoming unhelpful.
I would thank you to mind your tone.

Lets just say I dont need the feeling of having a gun view to make myself feel powerful, been there, done that, got the t shirt, in the real world.

If the answer is "no" you could have just said: "no somthing like this is not available right now."
And I would have said: "Thanks for the info!!"

But berating the OP on his interests is neevr appropoiate on any forum.
I do however thank you for letting me know NV has the same kind of controls.

Are you fucking retarded Palmer? Fucking seriously. Totally unacceptable that you have to press a few buttons on the keyboard? Someone told you to expect FPS elements. Of course you're going to be expected of to use more than your mouse. Unless your mouse is a fucking keyboard.

And no you may not use the mouse only unless you are Jesus, Odin or brother none.

palmerwmd said:
Young man i belive your "answers" are becoming unhelpful.
I would thank you to mind your tone.

Lets just say I dont need the feeling of having a gun view to make myself feel powerful, been there, done that, got the t shirt, in the real world.

If the answer is "no" you could have just said: "no somthing like this is not available right now."
And I would have said: "Thanks for the info!!"

But berating the OP on his interests is neevr appropoiate on any forum.
I do however thank you for letting me know NV has the same kind of controls.

Are you seriously calling him a "young man". You can barely spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back