How does the stealthboy in fallout 1 work?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Patriotic_Frog, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Patriotic_Frog

Patriotic_Frog First time out of the vault

Apr 8, 2020
    Is it a consumable? or is it just a permanent +20 stealth boost? is it even worth it? i mean with my character i can shoot 2 aimmed eyed shots with the .223 pistol some old fellow gave me in the hub and blast atleast 2 enemies in one turn or a deathclaw if i get 2 crits and am lucky.

2. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Never used stealth-boy in any of the games. Hell, I never used sneak - even if I love sneaking as a gamer (I use automatic run, which in itself will keep disabling any attempts at sneaking)

Treat stealth-boy like any consumable/drug - it gives a temporary boost in sneaking

3. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    It's buggy as heck if I remember correctly.

When you turn it on, you turn into ghostly white figure but the checks are not always recognized. So you would rely on its +20 sneak bonus more.

Since I always raise to 120 sneak ASAP (There's check in game that make it the best to get , not lower) I dont particularly pay attention to stealth boy's bonus.

Sneak is very powerful but you gotta raise it to 120. Otherwise it's not working as designed.

4. Slaughter Manslaught

Slaughter Manslaught Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 11, 2006
    AFAIK it gives a +20 boost to Sneak.

It has its own energy consumption bar, kinda like the Geiger Counter.

5. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    The transparency effect in F1/2 make us think MC's turn into ghost. But it's not.