How excited are you for Fallout 4?

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Gnarles Bronson, Dec 24, 2012.

1. No Man

No Man Gore Bag > Meat Bag

Feb 20, 2014
    Still? Honestly Van Buren is the best thing FO4 could be at this point. Or at least vastly preferable to 'Skyrim with guns' that has long since abandoned any ties to the RPG genre to focus on the modern 'broad demographic' genre, which is practically the only one that still exists in the world of mainstream gaming. Sadly, I think we can all guess which of the two FO4 is going to be. After all the budget is better spent on marketing campaigns such as 'unbiased reviews' on gaming websites, than good writers or designers.

2. H3rw00d1

H3rw00d1 I should, but I won't

Jul 31, 2014
    Not sure how The Hanged Man story could co-exist with The Burned Man story. :confused:

3. RetroAmerica

RetroAmerica It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 18, 2014
    Considering that Bethesda already effectively threw continuity out the window and just went with whatever they felt like, it seems that shoehorning is the official story writing policy for Bethesda's Fallout Team.

4. 1fps-warlock

1fps-warlock Banned

Sep 30, 2014
    Excited? I would not use that term, I'm mostly just interested.
    Seems fairly obvious it will not be ported from PC to console, but the other way around.
    This usually makes me lose interest quickly.
    What I would like to see is top down perspective S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (the 1st one)
    Or something like diablo 2, but in post nuclear horror setting. With scavenging and all that.
    That's what I would expect from FO4, but it isn't very likely to happen.

5. Visajala

Visajala new

Oct 25, 2014
    Its better not to be excited in order not to be disappointed later.

6. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    Fallout 4: Skyrim With Guns

7. Harken

Harken Always late to the party

Aug 16, 2014
    Considering the jarring difference of quality between Oblivion and Skyrim, that is probably the most frightening metaphors I've read. The future is very dark...

8. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    Too late, Far Cry 3 is already that.

9. No Man

No Man Gore Bag > Meat Bag

Feb 20, 2014
    But Far Cry series did not start with one of the best RPG games of all time. Fallout did (FO1 is 18th by Metacritic user score, FO2 is 5th - in PC RPG category). What is somewhat heartwarming is taking a look at Metacritic PC RPG ranking by user score - among the games on the first page (top 30 games) are the old Fallouts, Morrowind, VtMB, Planescape Torment, KotOR and more. Skyrim doesn't make the top 30 though (interestingly it is top 2 by Metascore). Kinda shows that marketing isn't everything.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  10. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    As long as they stay away from the Core Region, I don't care what Bethesda do with Fallout 4. God help us if they start thinking of doing anything with the West Coast Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave Remnants.....

I am actually excited for Fallout 4, but only in the same way as someone interested in what a train wreck might look like.
    (I wish we could get a sequel to Fallout New Vegas, or get to see what happens to the West Coast, but God almighty please don't let Bethesda anywhere near it)

11. AbullSinCara

AbullSinCara Modder&Mapper

Jul 2, 2012
    I hope fallout 4 will not have it's action placed on east coast or west coast.Those place are 2 boring

12. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    What do you suggest Fallout 4 takes place in, then?

13. AbullSinCara

AbullSinCara Modder&Mapper

Jul 2, 2012
    In the BoS midwest or Florida, tall head.

14. JDogindy

JDogindy Tribal with a Baked Brain

Feb 20, 2015
    Personally, a Fallout 4 situated in the Midwest region would be pretty cool. As interesting as the West Coast and East Coast were, more happened in the United States, and it would be nice to see what had happened to the Midwest region. Obviously, the central city would likely be Chicago, but you could also visit rural communities that can go as far south as Indianapolis and as far west as Springfield.

However, I would hope for a region in Fallout 4 with an oriental or at least an ethnic mixture (ala Vault 15)... just as an excuse to use the "Many Contrasts" tune again.

15. Blue

Blue First time out of the vault

Feb 25, 2015
    I am not excited about Fallout 4 because there's nothing available to see to be excited about. I even doubt that the game is being developed. I think it's all some sort of joke to let me down at the end of the day. I also doubt that it's going to be the challenging sort of game, probably it will be made accessible like Skyrim.

16. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    I would like to see a Fallout game set somewhere in the north area, maybe even Canada? It was annexed after all

17. gordog_frohman

gordog_frohman namhofr_godrog

Mar 4, 2015
    I suppose that would be interesting. Seeing Canada's wilderness all burned to ash with only mountains left would be a big change from the desert. Hell, if its so up north maybe they can make it a Nuclear Winter.

18. sciencemile

sciencemile First time out of the vault

Nov 9, 2012
    I am really hoping that it's going to be one of the announcements at their E3 exhibit.

I'm being really superstitious about it and have taken to drinking some mexico-imported glass bottle coca-cola in apprehension of what will happen. Hopefully it's not another Tunnel Snakes Incident.

I think while the next fallout game might be Fallout 4, it might also be a remake of the original Fallout.

Even if the game is not as good in terms of story compared to Fallout New Vegas, but just better than Fallout 3 I will be good since I didn't mind Fallout 3 too much after the DLC made the ending more tolerable.

I think that once the next Bethesda Fallout gets released, we might be able to get another Obsidian Fallout.

I wouldn't say no to a Fantasy Flight Licensed Tabletop Roleplaying game either, to finish what Sawyer started.

19. Super Mutant

Super Mutant The Superest of Mutants

Apr 13, 2015
    I'm always excited for a new Fallout game

20. Ciaran

Ciaran I'll be back.

May 13, 2015
    I pretty hyped for F4 even though we haven't heard a thing about it, I personally hope it's set in either San Francisco or the Mid-West. I wouldn't mind if the rumours were true and it was set in Boston.