How many times do YOU check this forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Grin, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Grin

Grin Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2006
    Since I'm for work in Denmark with A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y nothing to do, I'm checking this forum quite frequently. TOO frequently I might add.

So, I was wondering, how many times most of the people here check the forum for new and interesting posts. *ahem* This way we can fish out the really HARDCORE ones.

I want a concrete number, so not 3 and 1/19th.

Personally, being completely HONEST. About 21 times a day.

I know.

I KNOW.

But there's really NOTHING to do here.

- Grin.

2. Serge 13

Serge 13 Pyramids, babe! Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    hmmm...about 5-7 times a day i think .

3. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    You should be careful about where you post that, because if a sysop at your workplace finds that, he will report it to your boss, and your boss will solve your problem...

Also: I used to frequent this website more than 20 times a day, now I sign on maybe once or twice a day, up to 4x when there's interesting stuff on News, General Discussion, or Fan Art.

4. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    My interest waxes and wanes, often independently of most logical factors. A lot of it depends on how I'm making my money, though. A couple of months back? Geosurveying. Once a week, if I was lucky.

Currently? Between jobs. 3-5 times a day on average. 1-2 if I'm making progress on a writing project or a job prospect. 5-10 if I'm trying and failing to.

5. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    i try to check once a day, but i dont always get around to it. in the weekends usually twice.

6. Briosafreak

Briosafreak Lived Through the Heat Death

Dec 18, 2003
    I work at home, so about twenty times a day. Sometimes just a half dozen times, and sometimes just at night.

7. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Too often. Which is why I asked BN to ban my arse. But you know what? Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. I suppose they love wasting my time over here.

8. Grin

Grin Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2006
    Well at least I don't have the boss problem.

I do stand-up comedy, I'm here for a couple shows and I figured I'd put in some extra time in a new environment to write some new sets. So basically I'm sitting in a hotel room 24/7 writing, trying to write or being bored out of my fuckin' mind. Thank GOD I brought my girlfriend along or else I would've REALLY fuckin' lost it here.

Today's been less, about 6 times since this morning, I've been out a bit.

- Grin.

9. Lukus

Lukus Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Orderite

May 11, 2003
    I check it waay too often. When I'm doing a long computer-sitting, I'll update the index constantly in searching for new posts. If each time you hit 'update' counts as a check, then I don't want to count. Otherwise, it's usually just one loong check with countless updates, since I often always have a browser open, and NMA is my homepage.

10. Daimyo

Daimyo Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Orderite

Oct 26, 2007
    Me too, except for the homepage thingy.

I always keep NMA updated while working on my computer.

11. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    yeah, what these jokers said. i do tons of work (at work and at home) using various computers, and while at the computer...there are a few pages i generally have tabbed and refreshed while i'm working. this site is one of 'em, nfl.com is another.

otherwise it's usually just coffee time and/or late-night inebriated time.

12. TorontoReign

TorontoReign No Original Thought Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Depends on whats going on in the world. If I know something interesting might be said I will check maybe 2 or 3 times a day. With Fallout 3 coming out and everyone constantly commenting on every piece of news I check a little more often.Otherwise once every couple days.

13. babadook

babadook Lived Through the Heat Death
    Orderite

Apr 2, 2005
    Maybe 1-2 times a day, but when I do I tend to stay on the site and hit refresh a couple-three times before I close the window and return to normal life.

14. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Not as many time as I would like to...

15. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    Gah, I find myself in similar shoes. I will make a point to hop on, take a peak at things, quick like... Then, I find myself spending a staggering amount of time poking and prodding about. Before I know it, I'm late for what ever plans I had scheduled.

16. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Well, it probably makes me a nerd but I check it pretty frequently...I don't even dare to give an approximate number because not only would it make me a nerd but also a hermit.

17. Mikey

Mikey Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Aug 2, 2004
    When I'm at school, once a day, maybe twice.
    Holiday time... four, five times a day?

18. Zacirus

Zacirus Wasteland Lurker

Aug 8, 2008
    I always keep this site running in the background if I am surfing the web, never know when something cool or useful is going to pop up.

19. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    I lurk pretty much every time I sit down in front of the computer and the net is running properly.
    I only log in when I've got something stupid to say that can generally be ignored. Which is fine by me.

I have been disheartened by Fallout 3 news I rarely post in the news section.

20. Ah-Teen

Ah-Teen Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Jun 21, 2007
    I'm on four or five times an hour for three or four hours every other day at random.