Initial Impressions: ME: Andromeda (Spoilers Inside)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by BigGuyCIA, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    It is one thing that makes sense with alien races though, IF they have really several genders. Like if you had a race that worked like the clownsfish which can change it's gender.

But yeah, that would actually require good writing and making it such a hamfisted approach. I mean it was pretty obvious who they tried to cater to here ...

2. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I agree, I find no reason why a trans person would even tell you their dead name. I mean it's called a "dead name" for a reason. I find having a trans person on a colonization mission an issue cause the idea is to colonize and reproduce, having more sterile people on said mission doesn't help even though you would think that in their time period something like that wouldn't be a problem. The same thing with the gays there too, unless they plan on donating their sperm in order to help reproduction I really don't see the point. If both trans and gays have invaluable skills to help then I guess that wouldn't be bad. That's just my opinion though. I don't have a problem with transgender people or gays but it seems like the recruiters for this trip were just trying to go on some "diversity quota".

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. the recruiters for this trip
    :smugoticon:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. Morrigan98

Morrigan98 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 4, 2016
    They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't shoehorned in the game, bioware does in such a way that it feels extremely forced.

5. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
  6. RangerBoo

RangerBoo The Overly Insensitive

Jun 15, 2015
  7. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    The Prophecy:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  8. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    Yeah. I would have said they'd forgotten the asari are monogendered, but it's more likely they just didn't care.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    What is really funny is how thin skinned the Bioware devs are. Both Manveer Heir and Mac Walters blocked me from Twitter. I didn't even say anything mean or threatening, all I did was thank them for the countless memes they gave the internet and as well as posted the Metacritic score and asked them if they are honestly proud of the product they released.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  10. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Well, Microagressions! You should feel ashamed now!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    17425960_1496888773686053_1486679761836845801_n.jpg

12. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    That smirk when she's telling Addison her father's dead: it's not that she's happy her father is dead but actually the smirk symbolises the victory over the patriarchy.

Ranger you should be celebrating this character and the people at Bioware. You just need to get over your internalized misogyny.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  13. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Lesson to learn from Mass Effect Androgynous, political correctness doesn't sell. Fat screeching harpies with fake hair colors won't buy your game just because you're catering to them, they're not gamers just a bunch of feminists complaining about "misogyny", "racism", and other nonsense.

14. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Of ourse not. How could it? People are playing games for the same reason they watch movies, if not even more so, to esacpe from the real world. And in such a setting, you don't want those kidn of characters runing around. You want idealized characters, heroes, villains, etc. That doesn't mean it can't have a sense of realism, but get to much in to it and you risk the uncanny valley effect or that the game becomes simply shit, like ME4.

15. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
    Rather than putting the serie on hiatus, EA should hire Obsidian for them to make an attempt on this universe. I would kill for a Mass Effect written by John Gonzalez. (Although he does not work there anymore?)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  16. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Of course, I feel like they should keep any of this political bullshit out of games. Nobody wants to play games in order to meet om the tranny or have a character that was clearly straight earlier on in the series become bisexual. Only reason I started getting into this stuff was due to Sarky and the other feminazis.

17. RangerBoo

Jun 15, 2015
    This picture will never get old:
    aqrBDOz.jpg

• [Like] [Like] x 1