Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Brother None, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Sexypotato

Sexypotato First time out of the vault

Feb 6, 2022
    New here for some reason even played the OG stuff back in the day but it is what it is

2. KingMackenzieLXIX

KingMackenzieLXIX King of Canada

Feb 6, 2022
    Hey all,

I'm King, I come from Canada, and I do drugs, make money, and play video games.

I started playing 1 and 2 about 5 years ago now and fell in love. The new games, with the exception of one Vegas experience, left a sour taste in my mouth for its poor writing, and majorly dumbed down mechanics with each installment. Can't even imagine what a lot of you OG's thought of 3 when it came out. But after playing NV and getting even just a small taste of the writing abilities of the previous developers, it got me hooked.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you a bit more.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. The_Den_Resident

The_Den_Resident It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 26, 2022

Hey Ricky, I'm just like you, I live in The Den, I do Jet, I "try" to make money, and I play video games.

I recently started to play Fallout 2 on October 22nd, 2021. Perhaps I should give thanks to finally trying the game out lol. Been wanting to play it for years but never gave it a chance. I have yet to play Fallout 1, but I am currently playing the second one.

My first Fallout game was Fallout 3, and just like many of those who played I too was a Bethesda Fanboy and tried to defend it saying things like "Fallout New Vegas has no story", "FNV doesn't make sense" or "F3 is better because of A and B". But when I did give it a chance I was enlightened and saw that it was clearly a superior game over Bethesturd's earlier installment. Time passes, I fell for the hype of Fallout 4 and pre-ordered it. When I finally put my fingers on the keyboard-mouse playing it. I finally realized how mediocre and boring it was, the game itself is just an upgraded version of Fallout 3, that's it. I was really disappointed that I pre-ordered a boring lackluster game and played more FNV instead, only to further push my love for FNV more.

Years go by and I remembered the Classic Fallouts existed. I even own an original disc copy of Fallout 2, which was always a reminder. So one day in Oct. 2021 Fallout had a huge sale on steam with a bundle containing F1, F2, and Fallout: Tactics. I bought the bundle and decided to try out F2 since I owned a disc for it and thought it would be fitting. Ever since I played it on that Thanksgiving day I've been addicted to it. It's so FREAKING good, almost as good as Jet, but not quite. Jet is amazing ti will make you fly, anyways It's the best Fallout game I've ever played. I'm so glad to make that decision and I will say for a fact that it's better than Fallout New Vegas and better than any game Bethesturd can release under its IP.

P.S. Even though I joined this forum on Jan 26th, 2022. I guess it is fitting for me to introduce myself now as well :P

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  4. Morgan_

Morgan_ Duckerz

Jul 3, 2020
    Holy shit, these guys do drugs.

5. SquidWard

SquidWard Pirate and Bankrobber oTO Orderite

Jun 1, 2018
    Most people do

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Sexypotato

Feb 6, 2022
    I actually only joined this site due to me being a modder and having a vision for a true east coast FO3

7. The_Den_Resident

The_Den_Resident It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 26, 2022
    I hope it will be styled like Classic Fallout :)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. Sexypotato

Feb 6, 2022
    Well if I can build a proper team it will be completely in the OG FO style. I already have a main plot worked out i'd like to have some experienced people to run it by.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    Good luck. Future Fallout and Fan Fic sub forums are a good place to start for ideas and concepts others have posted.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Ave-H

Ave-H First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2009
    Hello I'm Ave, been playing Fallout games for about 20 years now. Decided to stop lurking and participate more around here. Wanting to get into game modding, making my own games and other creative outlets.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    Welcome Ave-H. :cool:

12. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Good to see you taking my advice! If you want to get into modding with GECK it is pretty easy but if you want to mod the older games Tactics probably has the most complete tools atm.

13. Ave-H

Ave-H First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome all and I'll take that information into consideration on where to start.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. EatingSewerPoop

EatingSewerPoop First time out of the vault

Mar 3, 2022
    Hi. I’ve been lurking on here for almost two years. Decided to finally make an account. I like reading posts that shit on Bethesda Fallout games. All the shitty Fallout lore videos and Bethesda shills on YouTube annoy me, but it’s impossible to have an actual discussion in the YouTube comments section.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  15. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Welcome to the Field of Glittering Gems. Fallout lore (and lore in general tbh) makes me ill these days but feel free to discuss it with our crack team of autists and closet Bethfans.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    Is this where I say hello. Hello. I had problems with the certificate for a day or 2, today all is ok.It doesn't look like my computer has been hacked or all my riches have bben stolen lol

17. Mστh

Mστh Forum DM Moderator [REDACTED]

Mar 8, 2022
    Hey all. So, I've been on and off NMA over the years and have taken the form of a few different accounts, and ghosting the boards when I wasn't an active member. You probably don't know me, but I probably know you - especially if you were active between 2005 - 2010.

I enjoy roguelikes (ASCII especially), esoteric occultism, history and culture (anthropology), and above all else video games.

I'm also an author, and have made several personal fictional worlds with fully functioning lore/fluff and background in the past - mostly as a pastime and hobby.

18. radioactive_penguin

radioactive_penguin First time out of the vault

Jul 1, 2006
    I probably should have said hello when I signed up in '06 but here I am now.

Been a fallout fan since I discovered the games in the early 2000's. I never really posted here much but I cruise through the forums once in a while to experience the "glittering gem of hatred" that is the OG fallout fanbase.

19. Black_Electric

Black_Electric It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 7, 2022
    New member here, refugee from r/Fallout where no one seems to post about or appreciate the classics.

90's kid but admittedly didn't gain exposure to the franchise until Fo3 came out. Didn't touch the classics until shortly before Fo4 released and realized what I had been missing all these years. Was a fan both of the storyline and of the heightened difficulty of Fo1 and Fo2. Glad to see a community like this has survived and been around for so long.

I'm headed back into the wasteland again. I hear that a nearby settlement is dealing with a radscorpion issue...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  20. Feday Of Madness

Feday Of Madness Working Class Hero

Jun 7, 2022