Is anybody else sick of the Mario franchise?

I think Sunshine was fun, it controlled better than Mario 64, and we had a change of scenery. It had a lot of annoying parts tho, like the chases, and the "Clean this map before the time runs out) but it was a fun game.

Mario has become a sort of a seal of quality now. If a game has him in it, it's usually good. I know it's not always the case but an amazing number of Mario games have actually been well done fun games. They milk the dude to death but they protect him by not allowing him to suck.

My favorite has always been Donkey Kong Jr. Pumped a few quarters into that one when I was a kid. It's no Dig-Dug, but it's pretty good.

The gorilla was the true hero, that fat little plumber was an arse. Mario is the perfect example where companies like Nintendo no long make games, but spew out a product designed simply to make a dollar. Slap that "Mario" shit on anything and release it. Out of all the Mario "games" that were released, (mind you I haven't really played any of them), which are considered the best?... :P

Eh the games on the NES and SNES were obviously classics, as well as some of the gameboy titles and Mario 64. Haven't played any of the Wii games except the "new" super mario bros. Wii, which is pretty cool but nothing more than a mario 3/world remake.

Mario Paint was the best game in the series and they should probably make another one.

Mario did. Honestly glad I did not have access to a loaded gun during my last playthough of SMW. Someone, somewhere, has died so many times they were driven to commit ritual mario induced suicide.

.Pixote. said:
The gorilla was the true hero, that fat little plumber was an arse. Mario is the perfect example where companies like Nintendo no long make games, but spew out a product designed simply to make a dollar. Slap that "Mario" shit on anything and release it. Out of all the Mario "games" that were released, (mind you I haven't really played any of them), which are considered the best?... :P

The intensity of your dislike seems really bizarre when I consider how many quality Mario games there have been. I guess if you're just ignorant of them, that might explain it.

.Pixote. said:

So...you haven't played any of the Mario games, but they suck? How the fuck does that work?

TorontRayne said:
So...you haven't played any of the Mario games, but they suck? How the fuck does that work?

It's a mystery. :P Mario sucks, but I'm sure some of the games are pretty good. :look:

.Pixote. said:
TorontRayne said:

It's a mystery. :P Mario sucks, but I'm sure some of the games are pretty good. :look:

Yes they are. :violent:

Mario is one of those series that I can always come back to. It won't be drastically altered into some bastardization of it's former self, and turned into a FPS for instance. The core titles have always been awesome (Sunshine was one I didn't care for, but it was ok), the graphics are usually pretty sweet, and the replay value is nearly unlimited. I could play Super Mario Bros 3 right now just thinking about it. Nintendo is to blame for a lot of the flack I have heard so far. I seriously doubt their leadership, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Super Mario Bros. 3 would probably be my favorite. I started with the original when I was 4, but I didn't beat it. Yoshi's Island is still one of the best IMO. I guess it would be my 2nd favorite. My 3rd favorite would probably be Super Mario RPG. I'm not a huge Nintendo fan, but don't fuck with Mario or Link, or you might get a beatdown .... :wink:

Some of the games Nintendo made are considered minor masterpieces, I don't question that, I just find it this need to squeeze another Mario title out every 6 months nauseating, the same can be said for Zelda (yes I have played Zelda). So it's this relentless marketing campaigns I can't stomach.

Mario is basically Japan's version of Mickey Mouse.

super-mario-bros-turns-25.7.jpg

does anyone remember that mario movie?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMZKYnLg5c[/youtube]

I am still a big fan of the Paper Mario series - well, the first two games, the Wii game didn't look as fun (however, I haven't played it, so I don't know for sure).

Rev. Layle said:
I am still a big fan of the Paper Mario series - well, the first two games, the Wii game didn't look as fun (however, I haven't played it, so I don't know for sure).

I wouldn't bother if you're looking for an RPG. The focus on platforming really threw me off of the game. I agree that the first two were brilliant.

Back