Issues... Issues..

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Gameplay & Tech' started by Darice, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Darice

Darice First time out of the vault

Oct 2, 2017
    So.. i bought a new computer and i was happy with it untill i tried to install Fallout 3... and the game wouldn't open. Ok that's very common right? The i verified the archives.. tried running the game.. but as soon as i lick on ''launch or play'' in the game launcher.. it closes and nothing happens. Then i tried compatibility modes.. didn't work.. then i tried using FOSE .. nothing.. running as admin? nothing.. the games just doesn't even launch at all

I'm having a similar issue with NV.. but at least it opens.. but it just crashes a lot even when i use 4GB patcher.

My computer doesn't have an activated windows 10.. it's windows 10 btw.. and i don't know if that's the problem or something else entirely

i already updated drivers and etc..etc.. i almost gave up but hey.. maybe one of you folks know how to do it

2. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
  3. Darice

Darice First time out of the vault

Oct 2, 2017
  4. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    If you're using New Vegas Stutter Remover, you should disable it, since it doesn't play well with Windows 10.
    You can follow the TTW Performance guide and apply it to just FNV (it's the most up to date performance guide around and people try to keep it updated):
    https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/ttw-performance-guide