Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Play around with the Gatekeeper. Really get INTO THE SPIRIT of answering his questions. (I've actually never attacked him outright; so, unlike others, I HAVE NEVER SEEN COWS FLY.^^).

Whoah. Would you believe it? NEVER OCCURRED TO ME TO EXPLODE ANYTHING IN THE MINE! (Shouldn't he be dead from the fumes, tho? I mean, IF THE CANARY'S KICKED THE BUCKET, shouldn't the fumes've got to him, too?^^).

MODOC:
Would be nice if Balthas teaches us TO SKIN MOLERATS as he gives us a kit o' the tanning trade....
I like molerat fur more than gecko scales.
(CUZ NICE AND FUZZY!^^).

if you're playing as a female person named Buffy ;-)

I AM WATCHING THIS PLAYTHROUGH ON YOUTUBE RIGHT NOW!
The guy's character is a girl named BUFFY. =)

I can't recall a single name I wrote for any of my guy characters.
But the female character that stays in mind is Maldredda. (:
I think she might have been the one who found a Bozar stashed in a vase or on a bookshelf, somewhere.
After which, she promptly became MY FAVOURITE GIRL!
(Girls are so perceptive.^^).

I AM WATCHING THIS PLAYTHROUGH ON YOUTUBE RIGHT NOW!
The guy's character is a girl named BUFFY. =)
(Girls are so perceptive.^^).
Quoting the guide :
"If you're playing a female character named Buffy and wear any of the four types of leather armour, Rebecca [in Den] will have a few "trinkets" for you: $1000, 5 Stimpaks, a Metal Armor, a 10mm SMG, 120 10mm JHP, a Plasma Grenade and a Flower. Isn't this what they call favouritism? You don't get the stuff if she's angry with you (because you smote kids or destroyed the still) or if you're stupid when you talk to her for the first time wearing leather armour."

:)

I have found a serious BUG - I got Marcus with armor from V14, and I cant kill neither say to him to stay in place - GAME crashes after. So I cant peacefully go to Enclave anymore

I don't want you all to think I'm ignoring you. Things are just busy lately.

@Maldredda
Thank you for the posts! They are always entertaining.

@Everyone
Thanks for the posts and reports. And before I forget: I don't know of a way to force party NPCs to use Unarmed weapons (instead of none) if their combat settings aren't really set to use them. Maybe... Just maybe something could be added to their scripts to force them to use those weapons if no other weapons are available. Maybe...

I'll get to the bugs, comments, and fixes as soon as I can. (This includes fixing Marcus, giving empty bottles after drinking booze, hints for Cold Hearts where things aren't obvious to the player but would be obvious to the character, etc.)

Tried to fly to Oil Rig by vertibird, but not sure if its possible at all, so I was forced to go to Ship. Have navcom but can't place it inside of it. Any guide how to prepare the Tanker to go?

@MIB88
ELDRIDGE:
I know he accepts a Gauss RIFLE or a Gauss GUN to study....
...but WOULD HE accept the GGG also?
I think it would be nice if Eldridge would start to have laser weapons in the shop after you give him laser pistol and gauss weapons and ammo after you give him gauss pistol or rifle. It makes sense: he got samples (and he get Algernon as a technician) - so he could start his own production ;-)

@MIB88
Another small suggestion: it would be great if minor sellers (such as Slik in Arroyo or Sally in Klamath, for example) would have their inventories regularly replenished/reshuffled, like usual shops.

Last edited:
@Polpro
Talk to the Tanker's Captain. He will tell you what you need to do to make the ship operational. :)

I liked how THE MONEY REPLENISHED in Fallout 1.
After the current barter ended, and we would close out of the barter, opening up barter again meant that THE SHOP OWNER HAS MONEY AGAIN! The modders of Fallout 1 'fixed' this part, so the money never replenished. ;_;
I wish THIS FIX did not happen. :(

What is the purpose of a coin flip?
The coin flip is ESPECIALLY useful when one is having trouble MAKING UP ONE'S MIND. ;)

I LOVE THE RAT VAULT! (:

Watching this Megamod play-through on Megamod, the guy suggested that the button in Bunker 21 to turn off power (it is the switch on one of the lower levels), SHOULD BE MADE OPERATIONAL.
Would be funny to watch everything GO BLACK. ;)

I've not been to the Mutant vault yet.
The game crashed on entry.
I don't even know how I found its location.
Because I never saw the dead mutant on the rail road tracks.
Maybe someone took me to it....
OH!
MARCUS!
I think Marcus told me of its location.
But I didn't have the key for the door, so all I could do was kill the two mutants guarding it, because they attacked me.

Oh!
Know this DYSFUNCTIONAL DOG THAT THE SCIENTIST IN NCR HAS?
Would be nice TO BE ABLE TO FIX HIM. ;)
Maybe with high enough Science Skill, LOOKING at the dog can tell the Chosen One what can be done.
And, FIXING the dog, can be a question of Repair skill...?
(If Unsuccessful, maybe it can say "your Repair skill is insufficient to fix the robodog.").

FARMER SAM IN KLAMATH:
I am playing a character with Luck = 1 and I CAN'T CATCH THAT KID THAT STEALS SAM'S CORN.
I think it *is* a question of my awful Luck.
(Because I tried to strangle Morlis, and she got herself away from me and threw a pot of boiling water in my face. And I don't think it is because of HER agility. Because mine is 10. I traded all my luck for Agility.).

So yes.
Low Luck seems to be a dead-end to capturing the stealing Klamath kid.

(I did kill that guy in the back room of Sajag's and take the sharpened thieves' stone, so I don't think the thief will bother Sam again, because, well, why not? This quest is not doable for the unlucky.^^). COULD something be added if I speak to Sam while holding the thieves' stone. Like, I didn't catch the thief, but I found this rock. Take a look. Could IT have been used to cut your vegetables?).

On a happier note, though, I DID FIND TWO FLASHLIGHTS! (Random find it was^^).
So luck is not everything. I put the flashlight in my car. Besides my First Aid Kit. (EVERY CAR MUST ALWAYS CARRY A FIRST-AID KIT! JUST IN CASE!^^).

I hope that Ghoul car accident I had in Broken Hills doesn't cause A CRIPPLED GHOUL. It's not a case of bad luck, right? (I don't mind it being added to the game, BUT I WANNA BE ABLE TO FIX THE GHOUL UP GOOD AS NEW! To avoid a law suit, you know.^^).

I also like curing Rafael's dystentery. (LET TONY SHARE HIS STASH AND LET THE LUMPENS EAT DOG FOOD!^^).

I would LOVE IT IF I COULD CURE TONY'S IRRADIATION. (Collly.).
It doesn't have to be for Karma.
(I would do it just for the EXPERIENCE.^^).
Maybe it can be HINTED AT by looking at Tony.
Is it a question of PERCEPTION?
MAYBE Intelligence?
....And a Doctor skill at least RESEMBLING 50...?
(I rarely have more at this stage of the game.).

I am not sure what a 'happy end' for Gecko entails.
*I* wouldn't want to be taken over by Vault City.
(So I don't like optimizing the power plant.).
(LET THOSE BITCHES IN VAULT CITY COOK IN THE DARK!^^).
Plus I LIKE HAROLD. :)
He doesn't like Vault City, and I trust his judgment.
(Because if ever the Arroyo/GECK deal falls through, the tribe will have to relocate to a better life. And, well, the two best places to live in are MODOC and GECKO.^^).

PLUS LYNETTE IS A LYING B*TCH!
She tells me to "take care" of the Gecko power plant situation and she will make me a Citizen.
I go and "take care of it."
She tells me, "Excellent."
Smiles and pats my head.
NO CITIZENSHIP.
(What a bitch!).

Doesn't matter if my charisma is a whopping TWO.
She promised my ugy arse citizenship for helping her out.
And I did.
SHE SHOULD KEEP HER PROMISES.
(It's not like I am vying for Captain of the Guard. I only want what she promised me.).

I want NOTHING to do with Vault City. THOSE PECKER-HEADS! (Myron's right.^^).
I get Captain JUST TO PUT IT UP STARK'S NOSE!
(Besides, it would be nice for Cassidy to have something to fall back on. BECAUSE HE DEFINITELY SURVIVES his adventures with the Chosen One. In one of the Fallout instalments I WILL NEVER PLAY, he has a daugher named Rose of Sharon, or Rosemary, or something.).

I found these mistakes during combat mode.
That the rats would make a critical miss and DROP THEIR WEAPON.
But this is impossible. Rats don't carry weapons, so there is nothing to drop.
(I know this is happening because the RATS are regarded as BAD GUYS in the same group as RAIDERS and BANDITS, but it just looks WEIRD. The only mistake a rat can make is to miss.).

Although it is FUNNY to see a rat fall down and hurt itself. ;)

It should be SAFE to go into the Broken Hills mine while wearing a Power Armor. (Because its helmet has all these tubes for air filtration and whatnot. Just like this armour that is a random find that protects against gas attacks. I have never found it EVER, but a guy on youtube did.^^). Or the EPA gas mask (the doc has two; KEEP THEM! I STEAL ONE TO DO THE BROKEN HILLS QUEST!^^). Or Salvatore's oxygen tank. (Because Salvatore's talking head is wearing an oxygen mask, so I KILL A CRIPPLE AND STEAL HIS OXYGEN TANK! I am such a good person.^^).

I don't like the CORPSE LOOTING thing.
Because IF I KILL IT, THEIR STUFF IS MINE.
(Also that thieving kid in Klamath loots the dead guy before I can and takes the thieving stone.).
(Maybe it can be possible to talk to the kid and set him up to be, oh, Sam's assistant. Talk to the kid and tell him you know what he is doing, so he might as well come clean. Kid tries to escape, I hold onto him, we wait until morning, and talk to Sam. Sam offers the kid a chance to work the vegetable patch with him.).

(Sorry. I just don't like leaving the kid to fend for himself in Sajag's bar, surrounded by empty booze bottles. To be picked up by the Duntons, most likely. It doesn't have to be for karma. Would be nice to see that kid by Sam's side from that moment on, though, every time I come to trade. Like Johnny in the Den. "Hey Lady!").

I also noticed that in battles, MARKMANSHIP goes waaaaaay down at night. But only for the Chosen One.
The enemies hit at night like nothing.
I am also watching this playthrough of 2.44 megamod on youtube of this guy fighting Salvatore's Enclavemen, and he has a Bozar. And THEY DON'T.
So it bothers me that HE CAN'T HIT and they can.
Because theirs is a pulse pistol with crap range, or a combat shotgun.
And his big guns skill is 120-something and he has no eye damage, and perception is 6.
Is it a question of perception?
Because with Bozar and its sniper-like scope, night should be NO PROBLEM.
(I LOVE THE BOZAR! IT IS SO AWESOME, THE INTRO TO FALLOUT NEW VEGAS SHOWS A GUY SHOOTING A BOZAR AND THE BULLET FLYING IN SLOW-MOTION. SO MEGAMOD IS RIGHT! BOZAR IS A SNIPER WEAPON! SCOPE AND ALL! I AM AS PERCEPTIVE AS RAMIREZ ON JET! BUT I DID SEE THE SCOPE ON TOP OF THE BOZAR!^^).

I will never play FalloutNV. I was going to watch a playthrough on youtube, but I had to quit. Too boring. SO I LOOKED UP FALLOUT MEGAMOD AND AM REWATCHING IT! (Why would I rather rewatch fallout 2 than watch a new fallout game?^^).

Perception is 7. He added the Perception Perk. Recent addition. ;)

There is also a glitch in the EPA when one of the holograms? asks you how you made it into the EPA, and you are telling him about climbing down the elevator shaft.... This is wrong! Chosen One gets into the EPA through a vent, past a maze of rats, praying mantises, and radscorpions, and into yet another air vent. There is no elevator shaft and rope (this is Restoration EPA!).

I like Megamod EPA better. EPA lives up to its name better in Megamod. LOVE ALL DEM TREES! (:

I better mention this one, because, while not so annoying, it does come up.
(Where? Hm. At least on the back door to Sajag's. But I think somewhere else too.).

When lockpicking, it would say,
-"You fail to unlock the object."
-"That does nothing."
OR
"You successfully unlock the door."
"That does nothing."

That second line is always present, success or failure.

COLD HEARTS FARM:
-My Chosen One CAN spot exactly 2 raised plates.
But NOT ME! It all blends into the cave floor. Even with the computer monitor on highest brightness.
Maybe we're not supposed to see the cold hearts' traps? But then why can Chosen spot them? o_O
-And that rock.... MAN THAT IS ONE HUGE ROCK!
Strength of 7 won't move it. Strength of 9 won't budge it either. Is it only the rare Hercules of Heroic Strength proportions who can move that gigantic rock? (Damn. I thought I'd be fine with Buffout. But no matter how I much I eat... not good enough.).

Last edited by a moderator:
The RAT VAULT I love because IT IS PERFECTLY OPERATIONAL! NOT A SINGLE GLITCH! (That makes it true for THIS PLACE and for Colly. At first I didn't like Colly. I thought I would have to kill and eat someone. But then I connived a fat guy OUT OF HIS IRRADIATED DOG FOOD. Whatever. If the gang dies, they die. They've probably eaten worse than glowing tin cans.^^).

Back