Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Mirrored Shades

Mirrored Shades First time out of the vault

Jun 25, 2020
    Tyler was not at the party for me as well, however walking away from the party house and then ending combat took me to the church where Lara thanked me for the help in beating him.
    I am having this problem as well. I enter the location and it’s a blank map with just the trunk of my car and I have to exit the game.

2. jamesgault2398

jamesgault2398 First time out of the vault

May 7, 2020
    I keep getting random permanent freezes in combat too, this includes near caves and random encounters and any random combat. A fix for this maybe?

3. Maiakovsky

Maiakovsky First time out of the vault

Jun 7, 2020
    Same here.

4. vinnies5892

vinnies5892 First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2020
    Hello,

I dont know whats going on with my game but everytime I play with megamod installed my game ends a year after i start. its getting frustrating because ive played like 3 brand new games with this happening every time I get around a year in game time. The Hakunin screen pops up saying the village dies along with the future etc...... then it goes to the main menu. I have saved arroyo from crop problems by getting the poison. I thought as long as I accomplished that there was a 13 year in game limit. Im confused on whats going on. any help? let me know if theres anyway I can help...

5. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    The 13 year limit is only after getting the G.E.C.K. (~1 year to get it + 12 do destroy the Enclave)!
    Nothing changed there from Vanilla.

6. vinnies5892

vinnies5892 First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2020
    so your saying the 13 year limit is for the whole game or to find the geck? or do I have to rush before 1 year is up to cure crops and get the geck? im confused because my game is ending after 1 year im only getting 1 dream I swear i had tons of time in the original fallout 2

7. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    The 13 years is the hardcoded limit for the whole game!

You've got time to find the G.E.C.K. only around shortly after Hakunin's 4th Dream (July 20, 2242).
    You have barely enough time for a last desperate push at the G.E.C.K. and return to Arroyo.

If you get the G.E.C.K. before the 4th Dream, it will trigger after you pick it up and sets Arroyo as raided by the Enclave. IIRC you don't even need to visit the dying Hakunin if you found it before the 4th Dream... might been a vanilla bug though ^^

That said I find it quite funny that there is a backup G.E.C.K. at the Oild Rig in Vanilla, guess next run I'll try first killing the Enclave solo and nearly naked, and then doing all the other stuff to maybe trying to make a dent at the 13 years... ~3 Years is the max I got out of it I think, even with MegaMod ^^"

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  8. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 31, 2017
    The 13-year limit is disabled (sfall function)
    Dream time, can be redefined

Finding GECK and taking it to Arroyo - the village will be captured.
    Going immediately to the Enclave - the village will be captured (residents will be in the Enclave prison).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  9. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    I think getting out of San Francisco and/or Navarro would activate dream 4 thus the village is taken.

10. Mindspirail

Mindspirail First time out of the vault

Monday
    The game crashes when ever a bountyhunter perk encounter happens.