Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Hmmm. Really hard to answer what from the RP is included. There's a ton of minor fixes to scripts that were made that weren't necessarily part of some new location. These are the new locations, right?
  • Slaver's Camp
  • Hubologist Stash
  • Submarine
  • Abbey
  • Vault Village
  • Ranger Safe Houses
  • Dr. Sheng's Hideout
  • EPA
The Slaver's Camp, Submarine, Abbey, Ranger Safe Houses, and Vault Village have been added. (I just finished adding in Vault Village yesterday.) I really don't remember if I've added the Hubologist Stash and Sheng's Hideout, yet, but I will check. But those are all relatively small locations. I had the old EPA in the game. Redoing that location (mostly because of the new scenery) has been a beast to put into the MM. A lot of the individual scripts have been corrected.

I'm going to say 65% of the RP has been added.

And, just an FYI, from the latest readme:

Changes/Fixes made since version 2.47.5:

-Numerous dialog and grammar fixes
-Minor corrections to various maps (especially with regards to walking through objects)
-Cleaned up code in many scripts
-Removed some more instances where killed enemies had two sets of armor
-Corrected a number of scripts which had incorrect/missing variables regarding
Sexpert, Gigolo and Virgin (Thanks to Muttie)
-added story/character enhancements from Endocore
-Asking Klint, Sulik, or Cassidy to wait will no longer corrupt saved games
-Orphans in the Den really need to be watched: they'll attempt to steal from party NPCs too!
-Corrected team issues with certain caravans
-Numerous corrections to NPCs/quests in Colly
-Can no longer repeat the Arroyo/Umbra pact repeatedly for experience
-Corrected Dipper's script
---will not mention Vic or GECK if not appropriate
---added dumb dialog
-Klint can still attempt to heal the PC, but only if he has plant components
-Andy in VC now heals more party NPCs
-Inclusion of Vault Village and related quests

I'm going to fix/test a few more things. But, my plan is to release an update no later than the end this month.

Also, thanks to all of you who have posted bug reports.

Any news?

Is an update still planned for this month?

The release of the new version "in the plans".
And it does not mean that it will definitely be at the end of this month.

The release of the new version "in the plans".
And it does not mean that it will definitely be at the end of this month.

True. I often miss deadlines... especially those not connected with work. ;)
However, in this case, I won't be too late. I promise it will be soon.

As a heads-up, though: Do not expect previously saved games to work. I made a couple of changes to some files in the data/data folder. Modifying some of those files tends to invalidate previous games.

True. I often miss deadlines... especially those not connected with work. ;)
However, in this case, I won't be too late. I promise it will be soon.

As a heads-up, though: Do not expect previously saved games to work. I made a couple of changes to some files in the data/data folder. Modifying some of those files tends to invalidate previous games.

Hahaha! Not a problem: I couldn't even estimate how many times I've played through FO2, let alone how many starts and restarts of the game! :boy:

Hi, I have the following problem, after a fresh installation of Fallout 2 and Megamod 2.47.6, if I started fallout.exe in megamod I can't get past the temple. As soon as I enter the temple, I can't move the mouse up on a map. If I start only Fallout 2 everything is ok. Surrounded by a circle is how the arrow is with X. If I started sFall Configorator 1.2.7.0.exe-error initializing video mode 640x480- I don't know if this is related

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Use f2-hi-res patch config.exe to adjust the resolution & activate dx9 mode.
sfall config - video mode = off.
Error: try to reinstall mod. Open Fallout 2 folder and rename patch000.dat to patch000.d__. (only in the game folder, you don't need to touch this file in the mod folder)

Hi everyone. I have a small problem. Randomly I'm finding "Reserver Items" in random containers. Any way to fix it ? Thanks!

Hi everyone. I have a small problem. Randomly I'm finding "Reserver Items" in random containers. Any way to fix it ? Thanks!

It's part of the random loot mod created by @Nirran. There are a bunch of items from some of his mods that haven't all been added to the MM. I have been sorting through and finding these. Once I get all the non-existent items removed, I'll provide a fix.

Edit:
I have modified the file causing the issue. You can get it here: Reserved Item fix.

Just place it in your Fallout 2's data/scripts folder.

Last edited:
It's part of the random loot mod created by @Nirran. There are a bunch of items from some of his mods that haven't all been added to the MM. I have been sorting through and finding these. Once I get all the non-existent items removed, I'll provide a fix.

Edit:
I have modified the file causing the issue. You can get it here: Reserved Item fix.

Thanks a lot !

Edit:

I was about to start a new game with the Megamod before you said this after some years in the dark. Cant wait!

BTW: Is there a full changelog on the mod?

Back