Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

As stated above, the best way to see what is in the mod is by checking out the readme files. Those will give you an idea of the larger mods including in this project.

But, I'm afraid there is no one all-inclusive list of features. There are things that I've added that were of my own design or were improvements made by other modders that aren't connected to the larger mods. For example: orphans stealing from all party NPCs and not just the PC. Or, spitting centaurs. These additions I made are only mentioned in the changelog between versions (each MM versions readme file).

Hi

after some play time with Fallout 2 RP I found Megamod and gave it a try. But I found some bugs and I haven´t figured out if it´s only on my end or not.

First bug is when creating a new character you can´t name it in standard characters (instead of "Dekker" it wrote some crazy letters), same bug appears when I want to save the game.
Second bug appears when I come back to Smithi with a broken alternator. The following dialog is out of sense (he is talking about something I can teach him)
unfortunately I don´t have printscreen of the dialog :(
Third bug is when I first arrive in Abbey using a car, the game always crash (but if I arrive by foot it´s OK)
Fourth bug is that I can´t find quest in Abbey about becoming a monk (there are only 8 quests: repair water pump, find lost monk, format database, found who´s digging grave, about lighter, some info about botanic, deliver some parts, Tully and Samuel)

Fallout 2 GOG US version
Megamod 2.47.6

In the same HDD (but in different folder) I have installed Fallout 2 RP 2.3.3

Attachments

• Fallout 2.png
    Fallout 2.png
    683.9 KB · Views: 245
Hi

after some play time with Fallout 2 RP I found Megamod and gave it a try. But I found some bugs and I haven´t figured out if it´s only on my end or not.

First bug is when creating a new character you can´t name it in standard characters (instead of "Dekker" it wrote some crazy letters), same bug appears when I want to save the game.
1. Not a bug - click scroll lock key.

As stated above, the best way to see what is in the mod is by checking out the readme files. Those will give you an idea of the larger mods including in this project.
I'm thinking about creating a file that will list all updates (update_log)

1. Not a bug - click scroll lock key.

THX - that worked :)

I think something is wrong with my installation :(

Slaver camp have a strange bug with dialog (see a printscreen). Dialog screen will remain open even after I load game (I must exit game completely)

EPA is completely non functional :(. I can't get to lower levels and when you exit that location there´s no way of coming back (game always crash)

thx to Alf_pacino I discovered that car is in some way broken too (it need energy cells only)

This persist event after fresh reinstall.

Is there some way to verify files in data folder?
I checked criters and item folders and found that in criters folder are 38 file with .sav an end that have not "read-only" properties
is there some weird interaction with RP mod in different folder?
If it help I can provide save

Attachments

• Fallout 2,2.png
    Fallout 2,2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 236
Slaver camp - Perhaps an old bug, something like this has happened before.
For check: Delete the Proto folder - install the mod again - manually set the "read only" attributes to "proto" folder\files - load the save file before entering this location.

If RP is installed in a different folder, it has no effect.
Example:
X:\Games\Fallout 2\Megamod and X:\Games\Fallout 2 RP\ - does not affect.
If RP is setup to X:\Games\Fallout 2\ - may affect.

Last edited:
Slaver camp - Perhaps an old bug, something like this has happened before.
For check: Delete the Proto folder - install the mod again - manually set the "read only" attributes to "proto" folder\files - load the save file before entering this location.

If RP is installed in a different folder, it has no effect.
Example:
X:\Games\Fallout 2\Megamod and X:\Games\Fallout 2 RP\ - does not affect.
If RP is setup to X:\Games\Fallout 2\ - may affect.

OK I try that with new game. I have X:\fallout 2 - RP mod and X:\GOG games\fallout 2\Megamod

I came across some another bug (maybe) can't get quest "Locate the crashed Vertibird near Klamath." and following quest "Enter the Toxic Caves warehouse" in Navarro location.

When I get first quest "Discover the reconnaissance troop's fate" and investigate that location there's only "error" text over character, after coming back to BOS location I can only talk with some paladin not character name Burke. He send me to inform Mathew in SF but he has no reaction and dialog screen going off if I choose option to inform him. After that the location "siege" is empty and I can't completely quest. If I try and kill all 10 Enclave soldier, some BOS soldier coming out of cave and dialog screen popup and then game crash due some error about dialog missing. Am I doing something wrong?

Also I finely printscreen that strange dialog about repairing alternator

Attachments

• falout auto 1.png
    falout auto 1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 245
  • falout auto 2.png
    falout auto 2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 251
  • falout auto 3.png
    falout auto 3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 254
Well ... maybe wiki needs an update ... I found that abbey isn't a monastery. That's why I can't found that quest about becoming monk in Abbey location

and that other bug is completely on me (maybe I'm blind :confused:). I found info couple pages back in this topic. My apologies for double-posting.
It's unfortunate that when you destroy the Enclave the game ends and there´s no option to continue playing

I am having the same problem in the slaver camp as Dekker (initiating the dialogue freezes the speech window and makes me restart the game).
Adding to that, if I stay out of the guards dialogue trigger-range and shoot at him, as soon as it is his turn and he starts to move, the game freezes and, after trying this 7 times, only once did not crash right after.

I am also having a crash every time I come back to EPA after my first time does anybody know how to fix this?

I'm gonna just try to do everything I can on my first visit just hope I don't miss anything

Edit: Actually EPA is completly unplayable

When I go outside the building and save it crashes when I try to reload
I looked up a guide to go down further and saw I could use a rope on the elevator shaft but that does nothing
The stairs in the warehouse lead me like outside of the map and have to walk back inside the map
Also if I kill something outside or grab the nearby diary and go back to the spawn area
The game starts lagging and for some reason cant like walk or click on things

also the warehouse shop thing on the east says it has locked doors but I cant lockping them or anything

I guess Ill skip EPA for now, I thought I had played restoration project a few years ago and was at least get somewhat further into EPA not sure why I cant now

Can I install EPA independently from a different file or any way to make it work?

Last edited:
I made a comment earlier that the MM had the old EPA, and that I was in the middle of trying to add the new one.
So, obvious to me, but maybe not others: the EPA is really messed up now. Don't even bother with that location.

I made a comment earlier that the MM had the old EPA, and that I was in the middle of trying to add the new one.
So, obvious to me, but maybe not others: the EPA is really messed up now. Don't even bother with that location.

Ohhh gotcha sorry about, will skip for now then thanks for the reply!

Any other places I should avoid for now?

Also is there any way to move the Mr Fixit interface slightly to the right?
my resolution is clipping over part of the interface since its all the way to the left and I dont want to lower my resolution everytime I wanna craft something.

Last edited:
Brotherhood of Steel locations are still buggy. Not game-breaking, but they need work. That includes the Siege location. No other new locations should be really broken.

As for Mr. Fixit, I'm sorry, I don't know how to move that.

Having a problem in Colly where the dialogue freezes/becomes stuck after trying to join the Lumpen Gang. Same with the Slaver's camp.

Where exactly, for Colly? Who were you speaking to, and what was the last thing you said? And, does this freeze always happen?

Back