Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

In 2.46 Myron talked in "Errors," and in 2.47 the item names did not match descriptions. (If I am remembering the glitches correctly C: ). And I can't play 2.44 because it corrupts all my saves though I still managed to play through *once* all the way to Broken Hills, when everything just C R A S H E D.
Strangely, I didn't have any such problems neither with 2.44 nor with 2.46. Myron always talked as usual, there was no glitches with Broken Hills in 2.44 (there was one in 2.46 when game tried to freeze when entering the poisoned cave, but I managed to play through it anyway, by leaving NPC companions at the other location). I didn't play 2.47 far enough (Klamath, farm, Den, VC, slavers camp, primitive tribe (yep, problems here :) ), NR), but I didn't catch any mismatched item descriptions. Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention...

Strangely, I didn't have any such problems neither with 2.44 nor with 2.46. Myron always talked as usual, there was no glitches with Broken Hills in 2.44 (there was one in 2.46 when game tried to freeze when entering the poisoned cave, but I managed to play through it anyway, by leaving NPC companions at the other location). I didn't play 2.47 far enough (Klamath, farm, Den, VC, slavers camp, primitive tribe (yep, problems here :) ), NR), but I didn't catch any mismatched item descriptions. Maybe I wasn't paying that much attention...

The mismatched names bug is not that big of a deal, since it happens on items you might never use. (such as spoon, sickle, or the Old rifle of the vault dweller)
It's just that I focus on small details quite often, and who knows, I might pick up a few of the names I see and eventually start eating soup with machine parts or cutting hay with a tire. :crazy:

The mismatched names bug is not that big of a deal, since it happens on items you might never use. (such as spoon, sickle, or the Old rifle of the vault dweller)
It's just that I focus on small details quite often, and who knows, I might pick up a few of the names I see and eventually start eating soup with machine parts or cutting hay with a tire. :crazy:

Or even eat stuff with a lore card.O.o

Edit: Okay so I installed the 2.46 repack and I've got 2 problems, I get the unable to save error (so the game crashes upon getting the vault suit) and when the screen's supposed to become dark (example: cutscenes) or light (when PC dies) it turns dark/light extremely slow, and it also happens when you open the game on the loading screen.

Last edited:
Or even eat stuff with a lore card.O.o

Edit: Okay so I installed the 2.46 repack and I've got 2 problems, I get the unable to save error (so the game crashes upon getting the vault suit) and when the screen's supposed to become dark (example: cutscenes) or light (when PC dies) it turns dark/light extremely slow, and it also happens when you open the game on the loading screen.

I don't know what causes that slowdown for the screen, but it is temporarily fixed by restarting the game using a different .exe file. I usually rotate between fallout2.exe, fallout2HR.exe and fallout2launcher.exe every time I experience the problem.

Edit: Also, it might just be an issue with 2.46, unless people using 2.47 have had the same.
Who knows, maybe it happens in vanilla fallout 2 as well?

I'm having problems, and I'm not sure if they're bugs or not:

I can't identify the Horton Kid just north of Redding, and I have a perception of 8
I can't download information off the Vault City Computer for the Monestary even though I have a Science of 135. There's just no option
Nothing and I mean nothing damages the Vorpal Bunny at the Holy Hand Grenade location. Even the Holy Hand Grenade only does 6 HP damage to it.

I can't identify the Horton Kid just north of Redding, and I have a perception of 8
I doubt it have anything to do with the PE. After talking with the tribal in Ruined City and killing the deathclaw you just examine the bodies (binocular icon), and with one you'll have a message that you recognized certain tatoo.

I doubt it have anything to do with the PE. After talking with the tribal in Ruined City and killing the deathclaw you just examine the bodies (binocular icon), and with one you'll have a message that you recognized certain tatoo.

I did. It just says Nothing unusual. I did it to every body, and it was always the same.

And......how do you download the information off Vault City's computer. I see no option for it.

Have you been to Redding? Because a random guy with a tattoo is not going to catch your attention if there's no one who asked you to keep a look out for 'im...

Have you been to Redding? Because a random guy with a tattoo is not going to catch your attention if there's no one who asked you to keep a look out for 'im...

Yeah, I talked to his father. It's neccessary to find the city ruins in the first place.

Hello everybody.
Dear author, MIB, please, update the links to the new versions in the first post of the topic. Thank you.

Last edited:
I just noticed the YK42B Pulse rifle appears to be broken. You can arm yourself with it; but not fire.

EDIT: Never mind. Did a reload from an older save and it works. Strange glitch though...

Edit2: Ah, figured it out. It's the crippled limb logic! Can't believe I made it all the way to SFO and it's my first crippled arm! :)

Last edited:
I am unable to aim at him with my Bozar. (Accuracy 1%).
I think I understand why it's only 1%. Bozar is not a small gun, but a BIG gun, and unless you specifically developed your big gun skill you probably have about 20% there. Ergo - serious penalties. :)

I'd like to offer a suggestion, but not sure if it should be addressed here or in sFall forum. When you choose "Gifted" perk, you cannot set S.P.E.C.I.A.L to "1": "2" is the minimum. It would be nice to have this limitation removed, as an option (in config file, probably) to use all available Stats points freely.

I'd like to offer a suggestion, but not sure if it should be addressed here or in sFall forum. When you choose "Gifted" perk, you cannot set S.P.E.C.I.A.L to "1": "2" is the minimum. It would be nice to have this limitation removed, as an option (in config file, probably) to use all available Stats points freely.

You're correct this is probably not the right forum thread for this idea; but I LIKE IT! It's a good one.

Another small suggestion: please make it so the Chosen can push Arroyo men from his/her path. It can be very annoying when you're in a hut, somebody blocks the entrance and you have to idly wait (quite a long time!) for them to move.

Yeah, I talked to his father. It's neccessary to find the city ruins in the first place.
I just checked (2.47.1) - the body is there [first from the right] and Chosen can identify the tattoo. I talked to tribal first, agreed to "retrieve amulet", then clicked on bodies - and immediately saw the message.

I see a problem with NPC levelling up [MM 2.47.1, clean install over original eng. 1.02D]. In due time I see messages that NPCs gain some abilities, and I see actual changes in their Combat control menu. But after saving the game and restoring from that save all NPC's stats reset back to initial values. Note, that new Lvl is displayed correctly (Lvl.3, for example) but all stats after loading from saved game are exactly as they were at Lvl.0.

P.S. Currently not an issue, as Pyran suggested the working soluton (re-applying patch to original game files to restore [missing] parts) and promised to release fixed pack.

Last edited:
Back