[MOD] Original Combat Armour

Like it?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YIFF IN HELL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I approve of both. The security helmet is a good start, but I think to truely get the look you'd have to copy the visor part onto the default combat helmet.

Also, how do you guys take frontal pictures? Yes I know i'm a newb.

Going to have to wait for any model editing. Currently it is mostly just retextures until we get some decent modelling plugins. :P

I use the console commands TM and TFC to take screens. Gets rid of the UI and also allows you to control the camera.

bah, this mod messed up the textures for the power armour helmet... it will change the texture to concrete, grass, and other weird weird shit at random.

i'm going to try changing that line of code for invalidateitems back to 0 to reset it... hope it works

Textures\armor\combatarmor\outfitm.dds
Textures\armor\combatarmor\outfitf.dds
textures\armor\headgear\combatarmorhelmet.dds
Textures\weapons\2handautomatic\1stpersong3assaultrifle.dds
Textures\weapons\2handautomatic\g3assaultrifle.dds
Textures\Interface\icons\pipboyimages\apparel\appearal_combat_armor.dds

?

All other texture mods have it this way, and I am using your mod this way too:

Textures/armor/combatarmor/outfitm.dds
Textures/armor/combatarmor/outfitf.dds
textures/armor/headgear/combatarmorhelmet.dds

This is weird, I use \ slashes and it works properly.

Unless somehow the game interprets "/" as "override single file" and "\" as "override everything in target folder".

Buxbaum666 said:
Why does my combat armour look like this?

Did you change the variable in Fallout.ini and created an ArchiveInvalidation.txt in your main Fallout directory?

I recommend doing the following:

1) Download ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated (Manual Version) at:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10724

2) Copy ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to your "data" folder.

3) Go to the folder C:\Documents and My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and edit FALLOUT.ini if you haven't already, and change the line that starts with "SArchiveList" (ctrl-f is a good way to do this) with the following:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

You should now never have to bother with your ArchiveInvalidation file again!

Mikael Grizzly said:
Did you change the variable in Fallout.ini and created an ArchiveInvalidation.txt in your main Fallout directory?
Got it working now. I thought the ini variable was enough. Strangely, some mods work without changing the ArchiveInvalidation.txt.

I liked this idea since I hate the new combat armor, I'm horrible with graphics programs though

here's my first whack at it

ScreenShot37.jpg

Also this is something I JUST noticed and its very minor and prob can't be fixed till there is a model editor out, but the shoulders on the model in the picture differ alot from the original in terms of design. If you notice the model you are using right now has more of an upside down U shape for the shoulders whereas the original incorporates sort of a tortoise shell style.

actually i believe there is a nifskope version on nexus that supports fo3..... though with hex editing as our only option to code it into the game it might be sort of.... difficult...

i would think a grey/brown camo pattern would be more practical in the wasteland?

Someone should make a ghilisuit mod that adds +50 to sneak.

The vault security helmet was great idea! I don't remember though ...did the original combat armour have a face shield on the helmet? I'm curious to see what it looks like without it

how about uploading this to the nexus or somewhere else?

ive been looking for it but its not available, and the download link you provided doesnt work...

yeah... just noticed... made the mistake of searching for "combat ARMOR" and not "combat ARMOUR" hehe...

Back