mod requests

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Nirran, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008
    You know, speaking of, where exactly is his original dialogue file? Working on getting a start at it, but can't seem to find it.

2. John B.

John B. Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Sep 24, 2010
    I'm not sure, I've just been writing dialog in a read-me file.

3. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    wcdobbs.msg in text\english\dialog\,the script is only mentioned in the terminal script,I'm Not good at dialog anyway,if you want,you can write some stats for the levels?i can but I generaly over-power things(as my mods are heh),anyway I will make the mod when you finnish the dialog

cheers

Nirran

4. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Hope Pvt. Dobbs is made as badass in combat as Cassidy! \o/

@Nirran: what's your position about my fairly simple suggestions? Mainly the Pulse Rifle projectile, it's seriously needed in Fallout...

5. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    i will do all three of those,lots of shit going on right now,def will do them tho,maybe throw in davin mod,prolly use the maria for real mod scripts(start with frp)

Nirran

6. agris

agris Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2004
    Damn Nirran, you've got a hell of a work load.

I'll help out, here's 1) Pulse rifle with electricity projectile

Drop that in
    Code:
    ..fallout 2\data\Proto\Items
    and make sure that 00000397.pro is in items.lst (if you play with RP, you're good to go)

7. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    * gasp *

all three? love you man! you ever come to brazil, you got house, women and beers already!

@agris: beer for you too, thanks

8. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    i assume you are playing with frp installed?i plan to make it frp compatable

Nirran

9. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    that for sure, fallout without killap's rp thingo ain't fallout anymore :D

Edit: an idea just popped in right now; this gap has a big gap (imo) between the shotgun (2 shots only, single fire) and the combat-action shotgun (7 shots, burst-fire).

Maybe you'd add a pump-action shotgun (7 shots, single fire) to fill the gap - fallout tactics has one, the inventory model that could be used.

It's kinda insulting that fallout doesn't have such a classic weapon...

10. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    should the vic replacement have armor graphics too?all i have to do is rename files then replace his critter in den map,not hard but need to know if you want armor graphic with it,this is eazy

Nirran

11. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    All armors for sure, if possible; don't feel pressed, thought. Do only what you will, at your pace.

Maybe like those in NPC mod or whatever. If Vic becomes like a black version of the player character, it's already awesome.

12. DForge

DForge Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    There is a black dude model for metal armor but none for leather and combat afaik. Also, PAs on NPCs look awesome if they are customized (helmetless and with some kind of customalization put on PA), but that's a load of work.

If I knew how to do this, I'd start working on Vic's helmetless PA for RP. :(

Maybe you can give me some hints, Nirran... I guess that editing frames, despite how numerous they are, is easy when all you have to do is copypaste the head...

13. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    yea im gonna have to use the long hair dude models to replace vic,what one for base tho?tribal?

edit :
    i can do art but im not the greatest,get with Pixole,he even wrote a tutorial

edit : prv dobbs is all done cept for the script,just waiting on dialog

Nirran

14. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    @nirran, i took a look at the wikia and found these:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Long_Hair_Dude

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Dude

The black dude only has the Vault suit, while the long hair has all armor - I don't know if it's complete, thought.

If it was up to me, I'd go with black dude to replace Vic, even thought it would be a lot more work... but if he isn't possible, then go for long hair dude. I'll miss having one black companion, but it kinda makes sense as Val (Vic's red headed [iirc] daughter) has nothing black on her...

15. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    yea im not a great critter builder,i could i guess but would be forever before it was finnished

should i make the tribal long hair the base graphic?

the miria mod has bugs in the script,im going to have to probably re-write some of it,my announcement was premature,tho i will definelty finnish it

Nirran

16. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    sure, that's likely the best option :ok:

no rush, go smoothly :wink:

17. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    This reminded me of the double shot request of the past. As far I remember it was possible to make a double shot burst mode for the shotgun, however it would play the burst anymation aswell...

Anyway is there a way to work around it at this time?

as an example make an aditional single shot which takes the 2 shells (and a extra action point) for 2x the maximum damage (and leave the minimum the same for balance issues)

Is this possible or maybe an other way to get the double shot in?

18. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008
    Waiting on John B's response to what I have before I continue. Hope to have the dialogue be consistent with what he has.

19. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    long hair vic is uploaded,i added armor graphic code,was forced to use the leather jacket as the base,tribal doesnt have the weapon animations

edit : miria download is ready,please post any bugs

Nirran

20. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    just throw everything on data folder and be happy, or is there any order, install procedure, etc?

does miria have diferent armor like sulik/vic/cassidy? or does she look always the same?

and last, something i forgot to ask you: is all this compatible with this little treasure bellow?

Unlimited Party Members Mod for Fallout 2
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56182

I suppose it is, since you helped him make it, but it's better to ask just to be sure