mod requests

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Nirran, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    drop them in fo2 main folder,internal folders of the 7z files are already set for it,install vic last(only matters if other party member mods from my frp page are installed)

yes she changes armor

no but only vic will even check,easy to change it,let me know i will alter his script

Nirran

2. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    man, you are the pwn

about other mods for party members, the only one i will install is pvt. dobbs, when it's finished.

3. DForge

DForge Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    Btw Nirran, maybe you can try removing Vic's helm from the RP Power Armor animations? I really suck at this... and when I have custom Cassidy and custom Sulik, seeing Vic in "the ordinary" PA is so... uninspiring :( I believe he is restriced to pistol and rifle animation, knife can be skipped since he sucks so much nobody would ever give him a knife anyway... Big gun is also an option seeing that he does good with Pulse Rifle, but that wasn't included in the original game and besides Alien blaster is better anyway, so... only two weapon type animations would drastically reduce the number of frames that need to be tweaked.

I still can't decide what should he wear on his armor though...

4. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    lots of work and im not the greatest critter builder,no promisses

Nirran

5. DForge

DForge Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    all right, maybe you'll have enough time one day ;)

cheers

6. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    nirrin did you read me post? i was wondering if it was possible or not..

7. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    definetly possible,it would be specific mod tho,want it for frp?

Nirran

8. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    I still think the pump-action shotgun is a must, but it's up to you to decide if you'll make it

9. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    really? is it possible without replacing the original single shot mode? like I already mentioned in the past it was possible to add the burst mode. however the burst mode animation wounldn't make any sence for a double shot. Well if you think its possible i would like to see it for the frp, yes. also maybe anoher sound (louder) for the double shot would be nice. maybe is best to leave out the aim option if possible for balance issues?

10. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    @Nirran: there is something in the miria mod preventing me from loading/saving

I made a fresh install of Fallout 2, tested, ok;
    installed killap's Rp, tesed, ok;
    installed pulse rifle projectile mod, tested, ok;
    installed miria mod, tested, couldn't save

can you take a look please? thanks, you're awesome

11. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    re-run processfdat2.exe

edit : i had problems with that a few days ago,turned out to be corrupted pro files,re-download miria mod and install then run ProcessDat2.exe

Nirran

12. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    i did that, but i keep getting an error :-\

13. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    what error?

edit : once you try to save on a slot,then close and redo everything,then open and try to save again the same slot,you will have the error the save slot is corrupted,save a slot you havent tried to save on before,wierd but it happened to me

Nirran

14. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    the error says it can't find/extract some file, i made a new install with everything above except miria so i can't remember the exact error

btw, i installed the long hair vic and all is ok... except that his visual in leather armor is that of metal armor, and when actually wearing metal armor, he dissappears! I'm heading for San Francisco to test combat and powered armor to see what happens, hehe.

edit: in case I wasn't clear:

wear leather jacket > visual is leather jacket (ok)
    wear leather armor > visual is metal armor (!!!)
    wear metal armor > he disappears (!!!)
    wear combat/power armor > I will test later and report

15. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    please redownload,i fixed some armor graphic number errors yesterday

Nirran

16. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    downloaded right now; just overwriting the files will do? or will i have to begin again to get vic?

also, i may not understand but I'll ask anyway: running procesdat2.exe does what, exactly?

17. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    over-wrtting is fine

wont have to start over

adds base party member files to master.dat file

Nirran

18. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    And the reason for this is that if the base proto file for an npc is not in the master.dat file, then the npc will not level up. I do the same thing in the RP.

19. Makenshi

Jul 28, 2006
    Well... maybe I'm screwed then? Because when I double-clicked the processdat2.exe for Long Hair Vic, I got this:

It says: "This aplication could not be initiated because MSVCR100.dll was not found"

Exactly the same as the error I said that happened when running the processdat2.exe of the Miria Mod

20. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    the problem is .NET 4 is not installed,download from microfags and install net 4,then it will run,i should post that on my page

edit : updated my page to show the prog requires net4

edit : download the dll file from this link and put it in your fo2 folder,tell me if it works please

http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=msvcr100

Nirran