most overrated movies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, May 11, 2016.

1. Spacemunkey

Spacemunkey Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 4, 2015
    He also did Dark Shadows, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Planet of the Apes, so I stand by Batman being a decent Burton film.

I never said Burton was great, but the man is nowhere near a bad director.

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Planet of the apes wasn't bad though. But that might be because I can't remember it. Literally the most forgetable film I've evee seen. Btw most remakes are shit can't fault burton for that.

3. Spacemunkey

Dec 4, 2015
    Burton's Planet of the Apes was horrible, you should re-watch it on a bad movie night. I fault Burton for thinking Depp could hold a candle to Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    Definitely for me it's Ant Man. I don't understand why that movie got so much love. It was racist, the jokes were terrible, the action didn't start until the last 15 minutes of the movie, and the rest of it was just trying to build up Ant Man along with a stupid love interest that didn't need to be a love interest. Just a cliched, hot mess. Which is a shame because I like Ant Man the character a lot. Paul Rudd did a good job.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  5. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    that movie prives that 'Ah fuck it people like depp' doesn't work every time.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dogmeat

Nov 22, 2009
    Overall US-made films tend to get more exposure in the cinema, television and the critics top pics. Films made outside the US rarely get as much attention and therefore I consider them underrated.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Star wars the force awakens. It wasn't a bad movie. I liked it a lot. But this movie is ultimatleg a horrible sequel. It doesn't give the orig trig characters much to do. The new characters arc way too fast. And it's telling the same story again. Just set... later. Stagnation. At least the prequels had a good story.. it was just buried under terrible writing and execution.

8. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Also clerks. Easily in my top five favorite movies. (my username actually comes from this movie ) I get that this was key's first movie and it was mad for 27,000$ but this movie... it's biggest problem is its a buddy movie and the buddy don't show up for 20 minutes.

9. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    Anything with Toby Maguire and James Franco in thew same film.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Guest

Spiderman 1 and 2 were on point. You fools be trippin'.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  11. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    The first one's a guilty pleasure for me. I absolutely love the Green Goblin in the first one. Such a great performance given his silly script.

12. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    I'll just add a couple of them to everything what has been listed here:

Alien (inb4 wall of text form Crni)
    The Shawshank Redemption
    almost anything with Bruce Willis (except of Pulp Fiction)

edit:
    Titanic, guys. Titanic!

13. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Last year's Fantastic Four movie.

14. Mr muggyman 3000

Mr muggyman 3000 Lover of coffe cups

May 3, 2016
    I hated Antman. The reason why it's a hot mess is because the studio fired the original director Edgar wright(the director of some of the best comedies ever). And replaced him at the last minute.

15. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    All the mob/gangster movies.

16. Mr muggyman 3000

Mr muggyman 3000 Lover of coffe cups

May 3, 2016
    American sniper is easily one of the most overrated films ever. No offense to war vets but it was basically a propaganda film. The protagonist was a generic "soldier with ptsd" and little to no depth(Bradley cooper does try though). And it has one of the most fakest babies I ever seen in a movie.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  17. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    *puts on hockey gear, kevlar and a riot shield*

Indiana Jones and Star Wars

Scarface too, actually

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Spacemunkey

Dec 4, 2015
    I agree, not because it's a bad film, but because of shit like this https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/ when a movie reaches religious status, it's a bit overrated.

19. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    The Dark Knight.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    scarface, the godfather, pulp fiction, anything disney, saw, lord of the rings, batman dark knight trilogy, roald dahl films, great gatsby, bad boys 1 and 2, men in black, age of ultron, schindlers list, the entire rocky series, 300 (sparta film), any of mel gibsons "brit bashing" films, war horse, any thing spielberg, UP, saving private ryan, the passion of christ, in fact any religious film, the lion king, forrest gump, avatar, django unchained, titanic, anything else to do with batman or superman, braveheart, all the shreks, in fact anything made by dream works, hancock, texas chainsaw massacre, karate kid, eminems biography film, all back to the future movies, all the star wars films.

I have a feeling this is gonna piss some people off

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1