Name a thing you DON'T hate in Fallout 4

Polynoid

Faceless creature in green pullover
I can see, that hating Fallout 4 is a popular bandwagon around. Maybe this game is shit in general, but hey, admit, that there were things you liked about it.

I liked the erotica fanart on female characters.

Fans. They are funny beating bags. Especially when they barking at New Vegas.

The game itself has nothing pretty for me.

Last edited:
No colour filters. The wasteland is a s***ty place, but at least looks prettier than the previous wastelands.
Some of the shotting targets like deathclaws and sentry bots look well done.

The concept art was cool, not that that's particularly surprising, I struggle to name a game that doesn't have good concept art.

It gets the shooting mechanics right tbh. I guess it kinda has to, since mindless shooting is all its got going for it. The V.A.Ts is incredibly improved, the shooting feels a lot less clunky, I guess the ability to run and Power Attack with melee weapons is somewhat a welcome improvement.

A few of the redesigns are alright, like Deathclaws, Feral Ghouls, Sentry Bots, Mr Handies, Mirelurks, ect.

So in short: The shooting and the shit you can shoot is done quite well.

I like the Charisma perks that let you pacify animals, monsters, and humans, and then turn them against each other. That can be pretty fun. My particular favorite is pacifying super mutant suiciders and making them blow up their friends instead of me. Some of the new designs look nice until you see them up close with a scope and see how undetailed they actually are. Zoom in on a nonhostile feral ghoul, I dare you. The textures are so lackluster.

I dig power armor, just the feel of it. It feels how I imagined it in the first two games, a piece of armor that turns you from a normal person into a metal giant that no one wants really would want to mess with.

I like that power armour feels like power armour rather than just another normal piece of equipment.

I also enjoyed messing around with console commands to do ridiculous things, despite the number of crashes it causes.

The FPS part of FO4 is handle by id software, so it's no surprise, without their effect, the score surely will be lower than 84.

There are parts of this game aside from the FPS portion? News to me :)

Also, that 84 is from professional critics. The user score is something like 5.4 outta 10, lol.

Power Armour- It had weight this time and I didn't mind customising each part to create my own hybrid. I will admit, I had fun with that.
Combat- I really don't want to include this because Bethesda really didn't make this part, they pretty much took it from better developers. But yeah, Combat was good this time around.

Still, Bethesda wasn't even responsible for making half the good things in their game. And they had to break lore to make that one thing good.
That's hilarious.

I think the art-style is really neat. They fully embraced the 50's retrofuturism aspect of the original Fallout art-style, and it really worked. Particularly, I'm in love with the Protectrons as a design. The sci-fi flightsuit esque Vault suits making a return is neat, too.

I think the art-style is really neat. They fully embraced the 50's retrofuturism aspect of the original Fallout art-style, and it really worked. Particularly, I'm in love with the Protectrons as a design. The sci-fi flightsuit esque Vault suits making a return is neat, too.
I'm on the other side of the coin, I feel like they went way overboard with the 50's stuff. Really loved the subtlety of it in FO1/2, in FO4 it just shoves it straight in your fuckin' face. I dunno, I really didn't care for the art style of Fallout 4 in general, it's too bright and colorful and cheery, makes me feel like i'm in a cartoon or something.

One of the things I actually did like was the addition of a sprint button. Never understood why that wasn't in New Vegas or FO3.

I'm on the other side of the coin, I feel like they went way overboard with the 50's stuff. Really loved the subtlety of it in FO1/2, in FO4 it just shoves it straight in your fuckin' face. I dunno, I really didn't care for the art style of Fallout 4 in general, it's too bright and colorful and cheery, makes me feel like i'm in a cartoon or something.

One of the things I actually did like was the addition of a sprint button. Never understood why that wasn't in New Vegas or FO3.

I get where you're coming from. Old Fallout (Including NV) is a careful mix of 50's retrofuturism, 80's cyberpunk and 40's art deco. With the tone and setting of Old Fallout, it really works well. However, in New Fallout I think the Jetsons style is a visually interesting way to go about things and it gives it a distinctive look. Very pulpy and colourful, which I think is a nice way to stand out.

I like that there is a level up button so I can increase my level whenever I want like the old Fallouts. I never liked being forced to level up as soon as I get enough XP. I liked a few of the companion characters, Deacon, Nick and Danse. The shooting is better I guess? I mean shooting never mattered to me in a Fallout game anyways so it's kind of irrelevant. I liked approximately 4 of the new songs on the radio,, I also like the one song that plays in the institute.... That's all I've got, the rest are minor features like the ability to sprint and things like that.

Back