New Blood Interactive hints at something very Fallout-esque

You guys know New Blood Interactive? You should, they're behind the great retro-shooters (or "boomer shooters" if you like) Dusk and Amid Evil, and they showed a teaser trailer at E3 with some interesting stuff.
Mostly various old-school FPS games like "Ultrakill" and "Fallen Aces", the latter of which showing a pretty neat comic art style, and some other really interesting looking projects, but in between also some interesting and so far unnamed snippets.
One is a car combat game looking very, very much like Interstate '76, which is cool (timestamped to 0:22):

But more importantly, they're showing what appears to be an isometric RPG that looks pretty much EXACTLY like how Fallout pre-war would have looked like (0:17):

Bild_2021-06-14_213503.png

That, I absolutely love. Let's hope this is getting anywhere, and Bethesda doesn't decide to sue their asses over this.
People have been suspecting that red888guns might be involved in this, which, y'know, would make sense.

Who's a good boy?

r0WtHR6.gif
Where is the " Roll over boy " and " Go for the throat Rufus go for the throat " Also, if the dog is some kind of companion if fed with ' Uberdog extra vitamins and Growler ™ ' would it not morph into a COCK. Canine organic companion's killall ' The term 'growler' is not to be confused with the slang term for a ladies front bottom :)

I think the reason they don't want to anounce it yet is because they are afraid of a potential lawsuit from Bethesda/Microsoft

Because it looks too similar to Fallout
Define "too similar". What counts as "too similar" in order to be prosecutable? One particular artstyle premise (mostly 50's retrofuturism)? Same camera perspective (dimetric projection)? Similar tech design (using tiles, hex grid, etc., which comes mostly from practical reasons)?

I think the reason they don't want to anounce it yet is because they are afraid of a potential lawsuit from Bethesda/Microsoft
Nah, it's because it's a "for fun" project at the moment.

No one can sue based on retro futurism art style because that is an entire thing that no one can copyright. Also, gaming companies can't sue by things being similar unless they use the same copyrighted things, like SPECIAL, using assets from their games on other people's games or stuff based on unique things from an IP for example "Vault-tec", "Pipboy", "Caesar's Legion", "Brotherhood of Steel", etc.

You should all listen to whatever Hardboiled Wanderer says about this project. :wiggle:

I was just going to post that!

Looks interesting but maybe it will get annoying in the long run to have to do combat that way.

Here's what they wrote in the next tweet:

Surely the biggest complaint about classic Fallout games has always been the slow n' clunky nature of the turn based combat While we're still keeping things turn based, by switching up the style and perspective more akin to classic dungeon crawlers, we find it much more engaging

I was just going to post that!

Looks interesting but maybe it will get annoying in the long run to have to do combat that way.

Here's what they wrote in the next tweet:

The only problem with changing the combat style is that it removes quite a bit of strategy and tactical thinking.

In classic Fallout games (and other classic cRPGs of that style) positioning the character(s) is quite important, especially when playing with a close-quarters character. Navigating the map while in combat creates quite a tactical layer that will be missing in here, and it saddens me they went this route. But as long as the story and RPG system are good, then it should be fine.

Although in classic Fallout games, people seem to love snipping enemies from the other side of the map. I guess in this combat system, they can't be cheap and exploit the combat anymore. :rofl:

Back