New Vegas vs. FO3 humor

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Nodder, Oct 25, 2010.

1. HoboWithAGlock

HoboWithAGlock First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2009
    Just finished Vault 11.

Laughed my ass off at the end. As of now, it's my favorite moment in NV.

2. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    The end of the Salsaparilla quest was quite funny. :D [spoiler:8ee25818c2]I knew that the prize would have been something worthless but when Festus ended his speech I was "wait, is this it? Really?" :lol: The "Quest failed" touch was the icing on the cake. And then the nex quest started...

This and Vault11 are great examples of dark humour. :) People dedicated their whole life searching for this legendary treasure. People killed for those bottle caps. Hell, *I* killed one person for those caps. :lol: [/spoiler:8ee25818c2]

3. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Of course, [spoiler:b7eb6fe463]it's made all the funnier when your prize is only there because the guy who got there before you managed to lock himself inside the room.[/spoiler:b7eb6fe463]

4. Mapex

Mapex It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2008
    When you talk to him he mentions the words "mysterious" and "stranger" in his dialogue when referring to how his father left him when he was young for unknown reasons. He also possesses the weapon, yes.

5. Enclave Patrol

Enclave Patrol First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    Nothing even slightly funny in main plot, but I liked president Edens rants on radio and few thing found on computers in random locations, namely corporate HQ's, stuff like corporate security memos or Grognak text RPG. They just missed the part of getting that humor to actual game too.

They got only few detail right, big picture went to hell.

6. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    I found a good bit of New Vegas to be pretty humorous. No Bark was great, and over all the funny moments where genuinely funny.

FO3 focused on slap stick and Jack Ass style humor and none of it was funny and while they said they understood the FO style dark humor, most of it was awful with the exception of some of the radio distress signals.

7. mobucks

mobucks woof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    One part in Fallout 3 I thought was funny was the guy in DC with the megaphone talking about getting "Blammoed!"

And Jericho telling someone who said Hello to him to "Get the fuck outta my face!" but that was a companion sandbox mod.

8. yarga

yarga First time out of the vault

Jul 19, 2004
    I'm getting a kick out of all these examples.

The funniest though is my wind-brahmin steed, it is freaking epic. Who said there were no mounts in this game?!? Worth every cap...

"Crazy? Crazy with low-prices on Wind-Brahmin! You buy one!"

Between that and the morbid humor of Vault 11, Cass and Veronica's running commentary and the numerous other well-timed jokes and Dave Effing Foley as my right-hand guy, this is the funniest fallout ever.

9. Enclave 86

Enclave 86 First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2010
    The one part I always laugh at is one of the mercenary gaurds for the Doctor in Novac, the old one always says,

"Between you and me, I don't think she studied at a credited institution."

I don't know why but I always find that funny.

10. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    Her response when you say that you have an addiction is fantastic. :lol:

11. Thomas de Aynesworth

Thomas de Aynesworth Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 9, 2010
    Fallout 3 being created is probably the greatest piece of dark humour ever conceived by man.

12. Enclave 86

Enclave 86 First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2010
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

13. Black Feather

Black Feather Mildly Dipped

Nov 10, 2010
    Is it just me or do Dr. Ada's Mercs resemble each other? Could they be Father/Son?

Same here, but he already had me when he apologized for Chaser and gave my Char his Caps back :)

14. Black Feather

Nov 10, 2010
    please delete

15. ncr_insurgent

ncr_insurgent First time out of the vault

Nov 29, 2010
    Three things in the game actually made me laugh out loud. The first was when I got Veronica and I opened her inventory and she said, "You are gonna make me carry all the heavy things aren't you?" it was funny because this is exactly what I was doing. The second was the story of Vicki and Vance. And the third was the Toy Car in the place Raul was imprisoned combined with the entries on his computer about a mutant wanted him to fix his car and how he brought gas but Raul had to explain to him that it does not work like that.
    A close fourth was Black Mountain Radio.

16. AWildmann

AWildmann It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 12, 2010
    Seems like I'm missing something on Black Mountain, at least on my last playthrough the only thing I did was storm the radio tower and blast Tabitha's head off.

17. Johne Wilde

Johne Wilde First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2010
    A few of my favorite gems

"Do I have to shoot someone? Because I really want to shoot someone"

"A woman's idle tongue is the Devil's plaything"

"Time you enjoy wasting, isn't time wasted."

That last one I found to be the most perfect excuse for sinking countless hours into FNV

18. Black Feather

Nov 10, 2010
    That reminded me of this

19. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    Cass mentioning Long Dick Johnson.

I had me a good laugh.

20. . Okay, wow is this real? I mean even for the 50's this seems fake.