Old World Blues trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    It's just me or the weapon at 0.52 looks like a hair drier? :D

2. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    Nah, the narrator is Dr. Klein, head of the Big MT research team. Mobius is the one in the Think Tank with a broken eye screen and is the antagonist.

Also, on the Bethesda forums, Jason Bergman said that the Toaster gets it's own ending slide. One can only wonder what it will do.

3. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    The narrator mentions about how you won't be needing your skin. So I'm assuming that they won't be just taking away your brain...

4. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Which would be very silly, even for a lulzy Fallout. But yeah, I am pretty much assuming the skeleton in the trailer has been the player character.

5. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Why stop there if the rest of it is already on the side of inanity.

6. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I don't think so, or else you would be stuck wearing that spacesuit.
    Then again it would be, dare I say, funny.

7. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Maybe it's some sort of X-ray suit that makes it look like you're a skeleton? This is pretty 50's B movie-ish.

8. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Maybe is gonna be an enemy and not the player? maybe a wild wasteland thing? maybe it is a secondary effect of the brain removal and you are halucinating?

9. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Or maybe the "bigger threat" you can unite against is space skeletons.

10. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Old World Blues is already up on steam, weird, consdierign there are no Achievements for soem reason.

11. John Hancock

John Hancock First time out of the vault

Jun 4, 2005
    Some people seem to dislike the fact that New Vegas' post-apocalyptic desert environment features washed-out, dreary, muddy colors. I've seen similar sentiments posted on other forums. I personally consider washed-out, dreary, muddy colors to be a perfect fit for the game's setting; I don't really understand what all the fuss is about.

The general landscape comprises faded reds, muted oranges, shady browns and sandy tans. There are pale and dusty greens, whitish yellows, and dark browns for vegetation. Add in smatterings of dirty gray (wood, etc.), dark rust, splotchy grayish whites, and off-black (tires, cars, etc.), and there you have it.

I'm not quite sure what could have been done differently. I strongly suspect the lack of proper shadows in the Gamebryo engine has a lot to do with it. Without shadows, everything kind of blends together into a homogeneous mass.

12. navim

navim First time out of the vault

Jul 21, 2011
    I like this distruibution of colors....and i really like when u go to places that were not affected by the war...like inside the Lucky 38 (Everything so tidy..) i'm just waiting my day off to go buy this new DCL!!! (pS3)