Out of curiousity

zegh8578

Keeper of the trout
Orderite
Have anyone made an estimate (or even exact count) of the number of bugs, glitches and errors in FO3? It strikes me as the most buggy one in the series. I am further curious about a comparison. 1, 2 and Tactics are considerably less dysfunctional, and I am hard-pressed to even remember bugs from those titles.
I know my FO1 has been eager to crash during my visit to the Mariposa base, and FO2 has the famous too-many-items thing, as well as hostile ghouls at Gecko, but FO3 was the first game where I had to fill entire notebooks, manually, with console commands to help me through the game.
My impression with NV was that it was less buggy, but now I've also patched both games.

So, in vanilla conditions, are we talking hundreds of bugs and glitches, thousands (my guess) or even tens of thousands? The more specific the estimate, the better

So, in vanilla conditions, are we talking hundreds of bugs and glitches, thousands (my guess) or even tens of thousands? The more specific the estimate, the better

There's a list of fixes with the Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.

There's many pages of fixes for the original unofficial patch, then several more for the updated version.
The updated version also includes "error corrections", which has several pages of fixes shown at the link for its entry in the notes.
There are also many bug fix "mods" included in the patch.

Most of the issues fixes are very minor though.
There's still a bunch of unfixed bugs, including some game engine bugs that will never get fixed.

Still with the updated patch running, and a couple lines added to your fallout.ini for the "multicore fix", your game should run great with relatively few issues...

(I also suggest patching the exe to access 4GB memory if you have 64 bit windows)

More tips here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149946772

I'm not looking to repair my game, simply looking for statistical values :D I was hoping someone had the statistics allready, otherwise I was actually considering doing a systematic count on every single article of the fallout-wiki, something I fear would be extremely tedious :D

Back