PC Systems Requirements

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
Bethesda has released details about Fallout 4's release. Of note are the system requirements for PC:
Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent​

And language support.

In North America, Fallout 4 supports English/French voice/text.
In South America, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text, as well as BR-PT and Latin American Spanish text.
In the United Kingdom and Australia/New Zealand, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text only.
In most European territories, Fallout 4 supports English/French/Italian/German/Spanish voice/text
In Russia and Poland, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and Polish/Russian text.
In Asia, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and English voice / Traditional Chinese text.
In Japan, Fallout 4 supports Japanese voice/text.​

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...allout-4-important-release-info/2015/10/08/35

I'm probably going to play this someday and I seriously need to update. Anybody have strong feelings on the i7 4790 vs. the FX-9590 and the GTX 780 vs. the R9 290X? It's been a long time since I've been up to date on parts, I just know that Intel is generally overpriced.

I'm probably going to play this someday and I seriously need to update. Anybody have strong feelings on the i7 4790 vs. the FX-9590 and the GTX 780 vs. the R9 290X? It's been a long time since I've been up to date on parts, I just know that Intel is generally overpriced.

Same. I won't be able to play this on PC it seems. Not really in a big rush to upgrade either since I just bought a PS4. Not that I'm in a big hurry to play it, but at some point I need to do a LP. Might need to make another PC upgrade thread.

I did the uh, system requirement lab test and the only one for recommended that I failed at was this one:

[TABLE="class: details-table"]
<tbody style="cursor: auto;">[TR]
[TD]Recommended: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: you-have-text"]You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

<tbody style="cursor: auto;">
</tbody>
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

How much of an issue would this be for me if I were to run it at recommended? (I'm like a stereotypical blond girl when it comes to computers)

I did the uh, system requirement lab test and the only one for recommended that I failed at was this one:

[TABLE="class: details-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Recommended: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: you-have-text"]You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

How much of an issue would this be for me if I were to run it at recommended? (I'm like a stereotypical blond girl when it comes to computers)

If you run at recommended despite not meeting the requirements you can expect a lot of lag issues among other things.

The switch to required 64-bit OS, allowing for above 4GB memory usage, should massively benefit the size and detail of the environments. The 32 bit constraint of Gamebryo for FO3 and FONV undoubtedly limited the potential of conveying the setting. I'm actually proud of Bethesda for this. But I abhor their character system for the game more than I am proud.

Last edited:
I upgraded yesterday from an amd A8 5600k APU cpu to an i7 4790k the difference is from sky to earth. Now about the Fallout 4's requirements. I think they are wayyyyy to high for how the game looks like. I mean look at Witcher 3 graphics you can't even compare the two. Looks like Bethe$da did a shoddy work on optimizations. I really wonder how it will run and look for people on consoles if the PC requirements are that high. I was really surprised when I saw them, I was expecting an i5 as CPU and maybe a GTX 750 or smth like that for recommended. This actually puts me off even more as I have to spend another 500$ on ram and new graphics card.

It's like with every game that comes out you need new hardware, like if the devs were going hand in hand with the hardware manufactures plotting to milk us for money.(conspiracy theory yo)

Last edited:
I didn't expect it to actually be this high. Though, I'm good. 4790k 4.4ghz and 970 keep the bad fps away. Unless you're playing dayz standalone in which you get fucked by Dean Hall.

Yeah... I haven't gone to Elektro since I got the new CPU. I met with a friend and went straight to the NWAF. Anyway enough off-topic:wiggle:

Shit ton of guest reading this. 30. Lol. Offtopic, But i just noticed it.

Anyways, Graphically speaking. My only complaints was this gore shot that made the chunks of meat have terrible texture. Though, I think the gameplay might be the same old shoot them up. Not really bad not really good. Just kind of bearable.

Well I can max it but i'm not buying it, I wonder why the high system requirements as I doubt the game will look that good especially after seeing how bland it looked in the trailers.

Well fuck. Looks like I'm going to be upgrading sooner than I thought. I was going to hold out till next year for the new HBM Nvidia cards, couple of 970s will have to do.

Bethesda has released details about Fallout 4's release. Of note are the system requirements for PC:
Minimum
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent​

Let's see...

64 bit OS required? That's good, I guess, though we'll see if that change does anything to curb optimization and patch mods from being necessary.

CPU power...seems about right for that kind of game, and looks like I was close with my 6 GIGs of RAM guess.

30 GB of space? Whew. Much less than Titanfall, but still, hope less than 70% of that is for graphical assets.

Video card...an upgrade is looking very necessary now. (Currently using an AMD Radeon HD 6670.)

If there just would be a way to downgrade graphics that much that a directx 10 card could run it.... you know gameplay over graphics

Back