Preston Garvey, arguable the most annoying Fallout character ever, spawns dozens of related memes

Anyone who has played any amount of Fallout 4 that involved Preston Garvey will be able to relate to how annoying his incessant requests to help settlements are. He's annoying enough that he's spawned dozens of memes amongst players:

01 - BGVbmqM.jpg

02 - Wh0cKLk.jpg

03 - MXcNXen.jpg

04 - hCxwn65.jpg

05 - 9JUpuL6.jpg

06 - P69L70d.jpg

07 - 4DnCw64.jpg

08 - lmHkfIy.jpg

09 - 431LE0s.jpg

10 - es8mEsK.jpg

11 - OOKVDB3.jpg

12 - oVuj44Z.jpg

13 - aEZo82E.jpg

14 - TToLcmn.jpg

15 - FA0Rfa0.jpg

16 - RfwcuIv.jpg

17 - VClydpT.jpg

18 - dosGPDj.jpg

20 - dBBPAo0.jpg

21 - lzuYEkF.jpg

22 - K8QNi9u.jpg

23 - EdqSvXH.jpg

24 - XXZNkLn.jpg

25 - AtFYV78.jpg

26 - AVXtY14.jpg

27 - WlGFGl3.gif

Yes, they're stupid. Thanks to PrestonGravey on Imgur for compiling these.

Can you just ignore the settlement bullshit, is it possible to kill this annoying thwat? Or had Bethesda in their great wisdom had him unkillable...

Can you just ignore the settlement bullshit, is it possible to kill this annoying thwat? Or had Bethesda in their great wisdom had him unkillable...
you can ignore his group completely because yes he and his group are unkillable, no matter how many enemies you spawn.

He is essential... And you can avoid the settlement thing unless you want to continue the main story with minuteman I think, after that you can ignore it all you want, you will just have an active quest on your pipboy quest log :postviper:

I think the minutemen is somewhat a fail-safe like Yes-Man in New Vegas, to make players be able to finish the main story quests no matter what they did or messed up. The difference is that Yes-Man is only one character with a self-explainable reason why he's immortal and Preston group is a magically unkillable annoying bunch.

Here's an idea for a Fallout 4 mod-

Preston Garvey is a horror/thriller evil mastermind. He holds some sort of leverage over you personally that he uses to blackmail you into murdering scores of innocent people. All you'd really need to do is change some dialogue and change the appearance of the folks Garvey sends you to kill over and over again.

Here's an idea for a Fallout 4 mod-

Preston Garvey is a horror/thriller evil mastermind. He holds some sort of leverage over you personally that he uses to blackmail you into murdering scores of innocent people. All you'd really need to do is change some dialogue and change the appearance of the folks Garvey sends you to kill over and over again.
Ooh, sounds like fun. Also change Gravy into a Securitron with his face on it or something, so that you really can't get to him, in a Yes Man sort of way. Name of the mod could be, "Canon Independent Post-ending".

Too bad they don't have a taxation racket for the settlements
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fallout 4 missed a huge opportunity when it made every raider immediately hostile. Joining the raiders (and uniting all the gangs under a single warlord [i.e. the player]) would have been a reasonable way to win the game, and even the settlement system could have been way more fun if you were a raider warlord who sends out raiding parties and enslaves villages. But no, they're all cannon fodder, and you're the General.
Another settlement needs our help.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fallout 4 missed a huge opportunity when it made every raider immediately hostile. Joining the raiders (and uniting all the gangs under a single warlord [i.e. the player]) would have been a reasonable way to win the game, and even the settlement system could have been way more fun if you were a raider warlord who sends out raiding parties and enslaves villages.

That actually sounds pretty cool. We could bring back things from old games like slaves or even the karma system.

Back