royal wedding -- does anyone care?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by fedaykin, Apr 29, 2011.

1. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Is there anyone in NMA who cares about the royal wedding? Just curious.

2. welsh

welsh This ghoul has seen it all

Apr 5, 2003
    Totally. Weddings make me cry and Kate is totally bone-able.

And let me add that the bridesmaid holding the gown going into the church had an awesome ass.

Actually I am kind of glad for this. Weddings in late spring are a wonderful way to get people's minds off a lot of the other bullshit. They also seem like a nice couple, so cheers to them.

Brits like being a constitutional monarchy, so this is what they get. Jolly Good for them.

(I although I am very glad we got rid of the aristocratic bullshit in the US).

3. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    Why? What's so special about it?

4. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    No, I'm not sure why everyone was in such a fuss about it. I guess some people are just into that kind of thing.

5. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    I like the fact they share their wedding date with Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun.

Some 2.000.000.000 viewers.

6. cookiemonster

cookiemonster First time out of the vault

Apr 29, 2003
    Best celebrity wedding I've attended in a long time. But I'm getting eady for the after-wedding dinner reception and dance.

I'll let you know how it went after. Did you see me in the video? I was the blue shaggy one.

7. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Oh, that was you with Frank Oz' hand up your ass?

8. Hamenaglar

Hamenaglar It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 2, 2009
    If I was British, I'd care. But I'm not.

9. Ah-Teen

Ah-Teen Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Jun 21, 2007
    That makes me actually care a little bit XD

10. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    I'm Canadian, so I'm supposedly inclined to care at least a little.

11. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, Unternehmen Seelöwe doesn't look too bad now, does it?

12. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    I am British and I didn't give a flying bugger about a bunch of parasites getting hitched.
    I might care a little but I still had to work today without overtime pay unlike most everyone else. Oh well at least I got two free easter eggs.

13. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    That would be Kate's sister Pippa. And yes, that was a nice British booty.

I was paying so little attention that I was surprised when I turned on the television and the wedding was happening. So I watched it. Those English ladies and their crazy hats!

I probably liked it more since it's not my obsolete monarchy.

14. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    This.

Also, ya know, it's not like there's a civil war in Libya or something like that we should be observing instead on this bullshit. :roll: :roll: :roll:

15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I really have no clue why I should give a fuck to those royals. I am glad the rest of europe (or most of it) managed to get rid of it one way or another. Keep the castles. Not the people.

16. Gonzalez

Gonzalez Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2004
    I am proud to say I have totally missed whatever the drokk happened and just found out after the fact.

I kinda knew there was supposed to be a wedding because I saw some sort of advertising in the discovery channel but didn't even know when it was supposed to be and I'm glad I don't know any details of what the drokk happened like the name of the bride and the such.

In this particular case I take pride in my ignorance.

I am also ignorant of many other things. Which those things are I can't tell you because I don't know them.

17. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Nov 1, 2008
    It actually was a pretty big deal in the United States as well. All of our major news networks had a great deal of coverage on it including entertainment programs. Which makes sense to some degree, because people over here associate the Royal Family with celebrity status.
    Just look at how we all felt about Princess Diana, she was one of the most loved cultural figures of all time over here. I remember when she died, random people I was around were balling crying and all sorts of craziness.

18. vanzizzle

vanzizzle It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 15, 2010
    I'm south African so ummm.. Couldn't care less. They're only celebrities anyway. IMO anyway. I bet they were on E all of last week

19. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Funt me, someone else who uses 2000ad swears.

20. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I haven't watched it much, just gave a glimpse, but from what I've heard it was a nice wedding. After all, it's a few hundred years old tradition or something.

I generally despise all those celebrity weddings, parties and stuff and all media coverage that is usually given to them, but for this one, I guess everything was okay, so yeah, I don't really care...