Settlement could be in works for FOOL case

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    The Bethesda vs Interplay FOOL case has gone on for longer than expected, and there hasn't been much to report (we had court files pass by noting the Fallout Trilogy subcase was dropped, which was nice but not hugely newsworthy, but now you know). The Vault now reports Bethesda is filing to seal parts of the case, which could indicate a settlement in the works, which certainly wouldn't surprise anyone.<blockquote>Bethesda have filed a motion to seal parts of their ongoing case. It is my understanding that this is SOP when there are serious settlement talks going on.
    We don't have any more news at the moment as to what the deal may be. Interplay officially have until the 9th of January to respond to the motion. Interplay also have their long awaited earnings report that has been delayed many times now currently due on the 4th. So we're hoping for an update somewhere around those dates, or perhaps sooner if settled.

The motion was dated 23/12.</blockquote>

2. EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey First time out of the vault

Sep 28, 2011

I suppose?

3. bonustime

bonustime First time out of the vault

Aug 2, 2008
    Would not be surprised if Bethesda pays Interplay to not make that shitty Fallout mmo.

4. TheBearPaw

TheBearPaw First time out of the vault

Feb 16, 2010
    It's not The Vault that is reporting this, it's the so called Wikia-loyalist "Fallout Wiki." Where did this Agent C guy come from anyway? I though only Ausir had access to this kind of info.

5. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    I've heard of him some time ago, but really, how do you get all of that legal stuff anyways?

6. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    Mostly we just get it from interested parties. I get it sporadically but DaC, the Vault1 and the Vault 2 all get it. I've seen agent c in CC lists.

Yeah I'm not that into politics. Until they sort it out themselves, they're both the Vault.

7. Becuase Beth vs. Interplay threads just don't seem complete without it...

8. agent_c

agent_c First time out of the vault

Dec 21, 2003
    Out of the vat... BTW Hello!

I'm not at all active over here, and I was low key on the wikia vault until the split. I mostly hung out around the Bethesda Fallout Lore forums before the split, with the occasional dash into the vault. I'm obviously a lot more active now than I used to be.

Once upon a time, I wrote the (terrible) VC sourcebook for the PnP series, but its crap - don't read it.

9. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    A vote to rename the Wikia wiki is underway, and the decision to rename it is unanimous, although there's still some disagreement over what to rename it to.

10. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Hey Ausir! Nice to see you back.

11. Brother None

Apr 3, 2003
    That's good. Referring to it by Vault1 or Vault2 is confusing.

12. agent_c

Dec 21, 2003
    You could go with "The Wikia wiki" and "the Curse wiki", but I have a feeling "the Wikia site" will have an official announcement soon.

13. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    So when could we expect to see a "Fallout" mmo from Interplay if Bethesda backed off, or a settlement was reached? A few years from now?

14. agent_c

Dec 21, 2003
    Herve Caen has played it in some form. In 2007 they said launch 2011...