Some 'violent games causing violent behavior' cases, again..

zioburosky13

Vault Senior Citizen
One is in Beijing, China.
The boy thinks he's a firemage when commiting the crime :shock: News here

The next one is a toddler, killed by her sister's dumbass boyfriend while he was imitating moves from Mortal Kombat. News here

I blame the parents. Today parents are bunch of weasels and idiots. Like my friend says "It's easy to make babies, raising them is a hell of a job."

Yeah. "Video games cause...", "TV causes..." BLAH BLAH, they're so full of shit. A retarded idiot will catch on to something stupid to do sooner or later, it doesn't matter from where the inspiration will come. It WILL come, and they will do something stupid. Coz they're stupid. :roll:

Kicks to the head don't kill people. People with kicks to the head kill people. Er.

Re: Some 'violent games causing violent behavior' cases, aga

The drunken moron twins from the latter story sound like they're just shifting the blame to try and bail out of being retarded. Honestly, who the hell plays Mortal Kombat these days? No one that's who.

It's gonna happen more. With video games gaining popularity, they will be able to be reached by the hands of stupid, problematic people. Think of it as Darwinism in a less conventional way.

Dopemine Cleric said:
It's gonna happen more. With video games gaining popularity, they will be able to be reached by the hands of stupid, problematic people. Think of it as Darwinism in a less conventional way.

Yup. We've been able to keep things such as shovels, pencils, iron spikes and bicycles firmly out of the hands of the stupid. But now there are games, and they are doomed. They just can't fail to kill themselves with games.

LOL. Well all of those things require common sense to use. With the dumbed-down games of today, anyone can be an idiot! Thinkin' hurtz my skull.....

"PS" The term in this thread "stupid", should be replaced with "Extremely Impressionable, Stupid, and Uncreative".

Wonderful, more fodder for the slippery slope argument here. White devil this, internet bad for children that. Crud like this just gives CCP more excuses to have tighter information controls.

Re: Some 'violent games causing violent behavior' cases, aga

PlanHex said:
Honestly, who the hell plays Mortal Kombat these days? No one that's who.

I played MK trilogy last night at a friend's house! It was awesome, but Johnny Cage still sucks.

PlanHex said:
Honestly, who the hell plays Mortal Kombat these days? No one that's who.

Kids these days... MK is a classic, specially good old MK Trilogy. Have some respect.

@KQX: hell with Johnny Cage man, stick with Sub-zero if you want to kick ass!

I'm not saying Mortal Kombat isn't good, I'm saying you'd be hard pressed to find mainstream (for the lack of a better word) gamers playing it regularly these days.
It's old dammit.

PlanHex said:
I'm not saying Mortal Kombat isn't good, I'm saying you'd be hard pressed to find mainstream (for the lack of a better word) gamers playing it regularly these days.
It's old dammit.

It's probably one of the newer ones, like Deception or Armageddon

The latter of which is LAAAAAAAZY...

NEWS TODAY! A man in a blue jump suit blew a kid's arm and shoulder off with a shot to the eyes of the fleeing child yelling "GET OUTA MA DAMN POCKETS!"

29 out of 10 psychiatry students paid for by Jack Thompson agree that the man went insane after obtaining a gun.

i think the problem is fact that most of these people have well...mental disorders or social disorders, they shouldn't even touch a sharp object let alone anything that could possible divinly inspire them to do Subzero's head/spine rip to a 5 year old toddler(I didn't read the story but I assume that's what happend, I mean
if your going to take out the young, why not do it in style?)

Subzero? SCORPIAN! I'm a classic sub user myself, but lately i just dig Scorpian, its all about range! I spent a good part of my life on a university campus(mom went to university when i was about 8, so going to arcades was a blast.) Everyone say hell yeah to fighting vipers, alien vs predator, king of fighters 96, and of coarse my favorite at the time. Ultimate mortal kombat 3, THE mortal kombat.

Striker stills blows, they actually brought him back in the latest one. Why won't they let the fat security guard just die...just combust in the hateful gasses he activates when CROUCHING AND FIRING HIS GUN YET FAILING TO KILL ANYONE.

I like the fact that someone asked if the victim dropped any good loot.

Mohrg :twisted:

"Roberts told police that Zoe asked the pair to stop hurting her, but that he didn't because he was drunk."

And this is probably why he even started performing Mortal Combat moves on a little 7 year old kid in the first place - because he was drunk. Maybe Trujillo (his girlfriend) was drunk, too.

And how did a 17 year old get access to liquor in the first place in the US where you have to buy 21 in most states to buy alcohol ?

The point I'm trying to make is that this isn't Mortal Combat's faults, it is two drunk teenager's faults...

Back