Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
Ah okay, so you made that up too.
Do you have a degenerative disease that makes you forget things? Fucking lol.

Let's forget defending Oblivion and Fallout 4. But no, i made that up. Let's forget your overall defence of Bethesda.

Anytime a change has been brought up you've stated your dislike for it and yearned for how things used to be. Again you could have just said you liked NV once I said that and put it to rest then, but you made shit up instead. Good job.
Oh look, more made up shit how i apparently hate every change. Which there's literally no evidence of such.

And you tell me take my own advice, jesus.

This is like talking with a fucking child who tries to twist other people's argument by basically repeating them. Aight, i'm done with whatever this is.

Last edited:
Do you have a degenerative disease that makes you forget things. Fucking lol.
"Omg, are you, like, dumb bro? lol"
Sure thing champ. :lalala:
Let's forget defending Oblivion and Fallout 4. But no, i made that up. Let's forget your overall defence of Bethesda.
I said I played Oblivion when I was 12 and liked it. I said Nu Fallout (excluding NV) was only good for fucking around in. I don't think not wanting new ip to fail under a new owner with mostly new devs is having some kind of Bethesda defense. Thats just normal. These are fucking videogames, you need to calm the hell down.
i made that up.
Ja, you did.
Oh look, more made up shit how i apparently hate every change. Which there's literally no evidence of such.

And you tell me take my own advice, jesus.
Nearly everypost you have made in here shows this up until you said you liked NV more than 2, so much so that you want to see new ip fail.... because you hated the changes. You desperately need to take your own advice.
This is like talking with a fucking child who tries to twist other people's argument by basically repeating them. Aight, i'm done with whatever this is.
Blame yourself. This little exchange is your making. I had dropped it twice already. You are the only one here that has these kinds of interactions and others have even said you're kind ridiculous in this thread. I'm sure it is somehow my fault though.

Bethesda won't go under in the next 10-15 years at least, even if they get everything wrong going forward. ES6 will definitely sell well in 3-4 years from now and if it will be bad it will perform like Cyberpunk in sales. No more Fallout for a lot of time if the next Fallout won't work. I always prefer more Fallout than no Fallout and now that Bethesda has been bought, Microsoft could get other people to work on the IP, but only if it doesn't fail completely

Honestly, at this point I just kind of expect dumb fun.
Maybe I've grown accustom to Bethesda's bullshit or maybe I just want another game crash so badly. But I really don't care at this point.

If I can get a game where I glitch through the ladder and end up in endless space, I'll consider that a job well done

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-solo-simulator-and-nasa-meets-indiana-jones

upload_2021-6-14_12-30-52.png

So it will probably be a shallow power fantasy Bethesda game.

I liked this part though:

"So we have one story that we're telling, and then we have a lot of other ones, like we love to do. And our hope is that each player feels like they could say, here's who I want to be in this universe - and then we're giving them an outlet to express that.

Your character's background will affect the story, among other things."

It seems a good idea

Saw this post on the RPGCodex saying if the enemy spaceships were gonna be flown by Draugr and Mudcrabs.

I also hope there's a settlement planet and Preston Garvey is there. So that i can be on the other side of the galaxy and get calls from him saying that a settlement needs my help.

Bethesda own 3 ips, those being Elder Scrolls, which only Bethesda wants to touch, Fallout which can easily be given to Obsidian or Inixle at any given time (and I suspect Microsoft will get one of them to develop a Fallout game at some point) and Starfield, a game which no one knows anything about, not even Todd.

It's not like they are sitting on a library of IPs here, and in many regards, they aren't even really owner by Bethesda anymore.
Microsoft essentially owns everything now, which adds to what I said that Obsidian could probably be given the reigns to make a 2D fallout game if there's enough demand for it.

True.
Well I was also thinking about titles that were published through Bethesda such as Wolfenstein.
People seem to be happy with Doom so there is little I can comment on that, but Wolfenstein has lost that Indiana Jones pulp feeling that I felt made the IP enjoyable ever since TNO.

I don't think it really matters any more if Obsidian would handle the next Fallout (if Microsoft decides to let them handle the IP or spin off titles).
The studio is not the same as it was as in 2010. Had it been, I would have hoped that they would be put back on the IP.

Inxile. I am honestly not that impressed by what RPGs they have developed so far.

To be honest I doubt that Microsoft will change studios for handling it, as they probably look at how much Fallout 4 sold.

Does anyone know why the trailer says that this "brand new universe" was "25 years in the making"?
Daggerfall was released 25 years ago, do they mean that Starfield universe has been worked on since Daggerfall was released?

Really... Why "25 years in the making"?

Todd:
"It's got some really great character systems—choosing your background, things like that. We’re going back to some things that we used to do in games long ago that we felt have really let players express the character they want to be"

Took a look at the teaser and wasn't impressed. It is standard non-gameplay teaser so it does not pique interest. Kinda similar to their first teaser.

Based on Bethesda's games post-Oblivion (and even harkening to the pre-Oblivion days), I suspect it will be another buggy mess at launch with middling gameplay but with good sales due to the general masses pre-ordering the game despite years of knowing not to do so for almost any kind of game out there.

I honestly don't have malice towards Bethesda these days as they are simply just another faceless company in the lake of generic triple-A game companies. At least this is a new IP by them rather than using acquired IPs though I doubt that being part of Microsoft will change much (unless someone at Microsoft is quite into Q&A and hates buggy releases).

If the game is actually good, more power to them. If it is bad, I will just roll my eyes and ignore it for other games (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and Chernobylite certainly look interesting) and older titles I have played before (still need to finish my Psy run for Underrail...).

Back