Starfield

Are you going to be a Bethesdafag?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • I am a hypocrite.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I like to whine a lot about things I am the reason for sucking.

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
I didn't care for the trailer, and i will probably get this game when it releases. But the trailer left much to be desired unless i missed something it didn't seem like gameplay too me or even giving me a hint of what could possibly be in this game at all in terms of gameplay. I get no spoilers but i mean they showed gameplay for some other games on the Microsoft-Bethesda showcase why not this one in particular? Clearly their just not confident enough to show any gameplay yet which idk how long Starfield was in development for but it probably was since Fallout 4 released right? So 6 years and no gameplay yet of the game tells me something bad is going on. lol. the game comes out next year as well and still not even a shred of gameplay.

At least it's not available for pre order yet on Steam.

gameplay

Edit:
Starting to see this teaser more and more on yt now:
upload_2021-6-18_18-15-43.png

I will go ahead and place my bet that this will be better than Outer Worlds 2. Based on both my experience with OW1 and previous Beth titles. The art direction is already much better in terms of technology shown.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder whats actually done. How far off is their next release really? Been quite some time now. I don't include 76 in this.

A little more than a year away supposedly, but I don't know, they should at least have some early version of the maps or something.

3 times the world space.
3 times the dungeons.
3 times the detail.
3 times the mountains you cannot climb.

Seriously though 3 whopping locations huh? Bethesda actually breaking away from one singular sandbox world? Bold step, let's see if it pays off.

"So we have one story that we're telling, and then we have a lot of other ones, like we love to do. And our hope is that each player feels like they could say, here's who I want to be in this universe - and then we're giving them an outlet to express that.

Your character's background will affect the story, among other things."
Sounds like Todd just accidentally discovered what roleplaying game is

My expectations were low, but I am still disappointed.

3 concept Art images with some Models added for comparison. It doesn't Tell us anything.

By the way, since when Emil "can't write for shit" is the lead art designer? I wonder if he is just as bad at art as at writting?

Well if Pagliarulo is the lead writter and creating the setting he would logically have a lot of say in how stuff looks. Bethesda games have good concept art as a general rule, we can't argue that. Wether that reflects on the final game tho...

Based on previous games and the fact they had some real backlash with 76 and are now published by MS I think we can assume it wont be that buggy. CDPR tried to do what Rockstar does, but with an inexperienced skeleton crew.

Could be wrong, but I'd think considering it's their first new ip in decades they'd put a little more attention on it. We'll see.

Bugginess is par of the course with a Bethesda game. That's just one thing one should always expect. I mean on the statement about character background actually changing things in game.

I'm expecting they'll do slightly more than they did with Skyrim and F4. Mostly from how much the keep mentioning rpg stuff. They could just not have a premade background for the player character and no voice acting and that alone will improve things. Less effort will actually be an improvement lmao.

QA bug testing is up the the publisher. find out who is publishing the game. if it is Bethesda is still doing their own, no bug testing like usual. Mircosoft is on a sliding scale of bug testing. sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.

How buggy was the Outer Worlds? I didn't experience that many bugs but the consensus might be different on a wider sample.

Based on previous games and the fact they had some real backlash with 76 and are now published by MS I think we can assume it wont be that buggy. CDPR tried to do what Rockstar does, but with an inexperienced skeleton crew.

Could be wrong, but I'd think considering it's their first new ip in decades they'd put a little more attention on it. We'll see.
Nah, we can safely assume it'll be buggy. Bethesda has experienced backlash for releasing hilariously buggy games for about as long as you have been alive. They never gave a single fuck.
Bethesda was never really in a rush. They always took ages to finalize their games, and they never had pressure from publishers and deadlines because they could set them themselves. And yet they consistently managed to release broken messes for almost 30 years. Every. Single. Time.
And Microsoft? Does Microsoft stand for stable and well-optimized products now? Really?
Starfield WILL be buggy on release.

Back