The Outer Worlds - Early Impressions

Another site lost to rightist cry-babies.
Meanwhile at the Steam forums :lol::
JbLbPAc.png

I'll keep this short then. When libs get offended or need some clout, they call for someone's job and/or livelihood/voice to be lost. Just look at what happened with the Night in the Woods dev a few months ago. When right wingers or folks tired of this increase in propaganda get offended, at best we'll push for someone to lose their job and boycott their products.

Aren't those the same thing?

Oh come on Obsidian! Nobody liked the posing, wacky skeleton shit in Fallout 4 and they aren't going to like it now just because you do it!
86512416.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Obsidian banned players from naming characters as certain words.
Link: https://pastebin.com/jTDiYsAy
You can still name your character Autism but don't you dare name your character Feminazi, Hitler, Muslim, Homo, Gringo, Hooker, Greaseball, Jizz, Pedo, Sap, Mongol or Tranny!
Granted, naming your characters these names is immature but I still don't like restricting player freedom.

Last edited:
Ah. "Name unavailable" in an offline game? That'll sit well.
Yeah, that kinda rubs me the wrong way. I can understand a MMO banning certain words due to not wanting players to offend and harass other players online but in a single player game with no multiplayer it seems both odd to me and feels like the developer is trying to dictate the players behavior.

Mods will fix it. As far as the random humor goes, I haven't seen anything meme worthy. I'm still in the first town and It has a cult like devotion to the company they work for and everyone is in denial about the plague that's going around. The wackiest thing I've come across is a dude who is paranoid about robots taking over. Its played up for laughs of course, but it's still fairly bleak.

Last edited:
Some of the complaints I've heard so far, seem to be superficial. Like 'oh no, ladies can have beards' like who gives a fuck?
Just don't have a bearded lady if you don't like it... It's not like games have never done this (Icewind Dale had bearded women dwarfs if I remember). It's a choice and frankly, I like the choices.

You can't name your character Hitler? Kind of limiting yes, but does it effect the game? Does you being Hitler have anything that will just completely ruin the game?

A skeleton with a hat. Okay, kinda lame. But that's one example of it. It's easy to shrug off, it seems to be better written than a Bethesda game so at least it doesn't fall foul on cheap tricks like that to have a sense of substance.

I've not had a chance to play it yet, and I know for sure it's going to have a legit problems, but so far what I've seen is just fringe shit. The kinda stuff I imagine some stupid YouTuber getting upset about.

Another site lost to rightist cry-babies.
Hey man, I’m just here to make sarcastic jokes about women with beards.
No offense (or pun intended) but this right here is why I roll my eyes when people say it's only "the libs" who get easily offended. Who cares my dudes? If this is true, it's not like your being forced to play as a woman with a beard, that would be actually bad. If this is true, this gives people more roleplaying options, whether people are offended by it or not.

Anyways, if you all are super skeptical of getting the outer worlds, apparently Xbox Game Pass has a $1 for the first month deal going on (it might go back to $5 by the time you all see this though), and you can play Outer Worlds for free after paying that $1 subscription fee. It's Microsoft, but from what I can see it's still better than the Epic Launcher (or at least when I last used it). I'll give my impressions when the game finishes downloading on this platform.
I don’t know how you interpreted my sideshow freak comment, but I’m not outraged in the least. Honestly I’m legitimately overjoyed that’s in the game because that is AMAZING to me. Like, a female neckbeard character that goes around telling people “well actually...” is just... wonderful.

Some of the complaints I've heard so far, seem to be superficial. Like 'oh no, ladies can have beards' like who gives a fuck?
Just don't have a bearded lady if you don't like it... It's not like games have never done this (Icewind Dale had bearded women dwarfs if I remember). It's a choice and frankly, I like the choices.
Its in D&D lore since the earlier editions that female Dwarves have beards but most of them shave them, especially the Shield Dwarves. It harkens back to Tolkien's lore with LotR with female Dwarves having beards like the males. The difference is is that Dwarves are a fantasy race, not humans like in The Outer Worlds.

Whose 40-45% kill themselves every year yet we go out of our way to pander to them. My brother is gay and has many friends in the LGBTQ and drag circle and they are all tired of this non-binary, gender fluid shit. Hell, even the feminist who were the ones who championed this shit in the first place are now realizing that they created a monster. Yet the Left wonders why approval towards the LGBTQ went from 65-70% to 43%.

Jesus fucking christ, I just read some shit. This is a misconception I've heard for a long time, and I've never heard of this statistic. What is true is that somewhere around 45% of transgender youth have attempted suicide, not necessarily went through it, and not the entire LGBT community. Yes, the suicide rate is higher than it should be, but when you are stuck with a problem that can't be fixed by any other means, and the only way to fix it is to do something that could possibly get you to get disowned, thrown out, and rejected by possibly everyone in your life, ensure that your life will be much harder, and put your survivability at stake, can you blame them?

Anyways, I played for what little I could. The game definitely had a strong intro. Not sure what to think of them streamlining this games version of the SPECIAL system, but it still seems to serve it's purpose, so no real complaints yet. What surprised me the most is that despite the world being less open, the journey between places feels about right, instead of way too close like I thought it would be. What also surprised me is that the games replacement for VATS isn't that bad. What I am not enjoying too much is that the world this game takes place in kindof goes over the top with the evils unhinged corporations can get away with, and I'm not seeing much nuance so far. Still though, I'm not too far in, and there have been characters so far that have at least piqued my interest. I kinda wish there were more deserters to talk to so I could find out more about what happened to the people there.

Last edited:
A lot of people are getting annoyed with the color tint in this game. Seems like something that Obsidian carried over from New Vegas. Looks like modders will have to fix this one down the line. Also:
u1sEGOS.png

Yikes! That needs to be fixed down the line. Didn't expect Obsidian to implement Fallout 3 bugs into their game.

Hey man, I’m just here to make sarcastic jokes about women with beards.

I don’t know how you interpreted my sideshow freak comment, but I’m not outraged in the least. Honestly I’m legitimately overjoyed that’s in the game because that is AMAZING to me. Like, a female neckbeard character that goes around telling people “well actually...” is just... wonderful.

Ah shit, sorry. It's kinda hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

Its in D&D lore since the earlier editions that female Dwarves have beards but most of them shave them, especially the Shield Dwarves. It harkens back to Tolkien's lore with LotR with female Dwarves having beards like the males. The difference is is that Dwarves are a fantasy race, not humans like in The Outer Worlds.

What I'm trying to say is that it didn't bother People back them. Even if that was fantasy and this is science fiction, it really shouldn't matter and People shouldn't really care all that much. If it bothers you that much... find a mod to mod it out the game. It really isn't that important at the end of the day.

Plus it means I can get really high one day and watch People run around as sexy neckbeard lady.

From what I gathered the views towards The Outer Worlds seems to be mixed. Its not a bad game but its also not the groundbreaking dream game that Leonard Boyarsky and Tim Cain promised or dreamed of making. Rather, it feels like a game that had too much input and interference from the younger devs and interns.

Back