The world of Fallout: New Vegas makes sense

I am pretty much talked out, it is clear that some people here just want either parts of its lore to be ignored or the franchise be reset/rebooted because the BOS is on its way out.
The Brotherhood is not an intricate part of the Fallout franchise, they were just one of the many faces that existed in this world.

I like them but I don't think they are necessary for every Fallout title, especially when they stand in the way of the creation of new ideas. (I still want to introduce the idea of the Followers of the ATLANTIS, post humanist para military cyborg traders who follow the leadership of an Artificial Intelligence and want to usher in a new era of science and technology)

I wouldn't worry about the BOS disappearing though. It is pretty much guaranteed that they will appear again in Fallout 5, probably having even more military resources and assets.
For one because Bethesda basically seems them as the Space Marines of the Fallout universe, forever fighting Super Mutants.

It can't be cannon as they claim that the BOS originates from a vault.
Its directly mentioned in Fo3 and 4, and indirectly mentioned in NV, and IIRC, even someone at Obsidian directly confirmed they considered it canon.

Obviously the "BoS is from a Vault" thing isn't canon, but Tactics happened.

I just hate how the BOS were relegated from an important role to basically not existing in Fallout 2, without actually seeing it happen. It felt so disjointed, and the explanation of 'oh they're just isolationists' doesn't make sense because they traded with others in the first game and have fought both raiders and super mutants.

Its directly mentioned in Fo3 and 4, and indirectly mentioned in NV, and IIRC, even someone at Obsidian directly confirmed they considered it canon.

Obviously the "BoS is from a Vault" thing isn't canon, but Tactics happened.
Fo3 and fo4 shouldn't be considered Canon in my eyes. And why do I care what some guy at obsidian thinks? And Caesar's comment doesn't confirm tactics it merely confirms a Midwestern BOS.

Again, remember they could be lying about their origins. It sure makes them look like humanity's hope and destiny if they're from a vault.
Why? How does being from a vault make you look better? Know who else is from a vault? Jackals, Vipers, and Khans. Ceasar's legion was intended to be from a vault in van buren iirc.

Why? How does being from a vault make you look better? Know who else is from a vault? Jackals, Vipers, and Khans. Ceasar's legion was intended to be from a vault in van buren iirc.
It doesn't if you look at it twice. But...
a) Vault Dwellers were constantly referred to as the US's future, rebuilding the nation when they would come out.
b) It gives them technological edge.
c) It means they're pure and usually more intelligent then the average tribal.

It doesn't if you look at it twice. But...
a) Vault Dwellers were constantly referred to as the US's future, rebuilding the nation when they would come out.
b) It gives them technological edge.
c) It means they're pure and usually more intelligent then the average tribal.
1. How does that matter 200 years later?
2. So? How does that make them look better?
3. Pure? Irrelevant when everyone else isn't. Tribals don't really seem to be a thing anymore.

1. How does that matter 200 years later?
2. So? How does that make them look better?
3. Pure? Irrelevant when everyone else isn't. Tribals don't really seem to be a thing anymore.
Oh god, you actually think I buy it? Also, tribals were in Tactics which is what I'm referring to.

I just hate how the BOS were relegated from an important role to basically not existing in Fallout 2, without actually seeing it happen. It felt so disjointed, and the explanation of 'oh they're just isolationists' doesn't make sense because they traded with others in the first game and have fought both raiders and super mutants.
The only thing I can think of too explain it is that them basically exiling nearly all the progressives to go into the Midwest to fight super mutants in Tactics allowed the remainder to effectively take over and pull a 180 on their policies between Fallout 1 and 2.

The only thing I can think of too explain it is that them basically exiling nearly all the progressives to go into the Midwest to fight super mutants in Tactics allowed the remainder to effectively take over and pull a 180 on their policies between Fallout 1 and 2.
Yeah maybe, though that means the leadership of the BOS was isolationist which... it wasn't? Rombus led a campaign to wipe out the Vipers.

Yeah maybe, though that means the leadership of the BOS was isolationist which... it wasn't? Rombus led a campaign to wipe out the Vipers.
They would have exiled the progressive elders to "lead" the paladin and what not on their journey east.

They were optionnally importants. Also, the game is set in another area. Imo the problem is that we see too many of them. Most of their outpost are totally useless. Better only have the one at SF.

They were optionnally importants. Also, the game is set in another area. Imo the problem is that we see too many of them. Most of their outpost are totally useless. Better only have the one at SF.
Their outposts are useless AND we barely see any proper BOS member.

Back