Things you *aren't* pleased to see

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Little Robot, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Never tested it.

2. Lord 342

Lord 342 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 21, 2004
    I can't wait for a mod manager so I can install the "killable children" mod, just so I can snuff that little shit who does nothing but prattle on about Mick and Ralph's. It's so annoying to see him shrug off a hollow-point 45/70 government round to the head.

That's one of the things carried over from FO3 that I hate. And the goddamn invisible walls. At least they are not quite so many of them, and they are on rocks, which makes more sense than on low rubble piles with re-bar sticking out of them, which a small child could easily climb.

But overall, so far, unlike Fallout 3, I am pleased to say I am not finding so many things to groan about like I did in 3.

3. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
  4. willooi

willooi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2010
    The darkness in the some places.

I understand that many locations are deliberately very dark due to low power sources or heavy enclosure, like McCarran Airport and the vaults, but man, I'm using Cateye or that special Nuka Cola for everything. And yes, fair enough, that's what it's there for, but I was hoping at least the airport would have more natural lighting coming through the windows during the day time.

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    There's always the flashlight, you know.

Although, I never found the airport dark at all. Maybe you should check monitor/video settings?

6. Innawerkz

Innawerkz First time out of the vault

Feb 23, 2010
    Nice. I've mentioned on other boards that item descriptions would be a big plus to have returned. Not only for the excellent reasons you presented, but also to give 'Perception' & 'Intelligence' something else to do besides make lines appear on a compass sooner or only being noticed when you level up.

High Perception: When reading the description of a paperweight you found in the Niptons mayors office, you notice the word 'rosebud' inscribed on the lower corner. This happens to be the password to his terminal that unlocks his previously 'LOCKED' safe.

High Intelligence (perhaps with a high Explosives/Science skill too): When carrying Isotope-239, your high intelligence character adds to the description that combining this material with (flamer fuel/C-4/dynamite) will make a much more potent explosive. If you did this, it would then allow you to 'mod' your 'item'with a 5- 10% increase in damage.

7. Felspawn

Felspawn It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 15, 2010
    I love that idea

8. Thomas de Aynesworth

Thomas de Aynesworth Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 9, 2010
    When I turn on the game, the Bethesda logo comes up. Other than that the game is pretty cool.