Three Dog needed to die.

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Quagmire69, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Yeah, Mirelurks are way more badass.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. FOvet

FOvet Wandering the Wastelands

Aug 26, 2012
    I killed Three Dog one time--during an RP playthrough when he refused to tell me where my dad was. I didn't want to be doggy's little erand girl, so I blasted him in the face. That's giving it to him Doggy Style!!! :D

Actually though, I love listening to Three Dog and GNR. It was fun while wandering the wasteland aimlessly. I think he does try to do the right thing, by informing the wasteland about what is really going on, aside from the Enclave propoganda. It's just during the storyline, you are litterally the biggest news, especially since you AND your father survived the gambit all the way to DC to meet him. He knows talent and potential when he sees it.

3. outofthegamer

outofthegamer Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 12, 2011
    I am just getting back into FO3 after 3 years of not even owning the game, and was wondering: does killing three dog even affect what you hear on GNR? Like, does the radio station stop existing, or does it keep playing music without a DJ? Or does three dog continue to DJ for GNR from beyond the grave, just so immersion is even more broken?

4. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    It changes to the technician complaining about the lack of a DJ between songs.

5. outofthegamer

outofthegamer Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 12, 2011
    Really!? Are you serious? That seems weird, but I will have to try it out. Thanks for the quick response!

6. DevilTakeMe

DevilTakeMe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 12, 2011
    It seems that Three Dog's dialog on GNR is recorded, as it's possible to hear him on the radio for a short while after he dies.

And then, yeah, Margaret comes on and starts complaining about Three Dog getting killed. No nes, or anything, and you never see her.

7. pyroD

pyroD Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 26, 2012
    Ahhh three dog. I remember once on my good playthrough I got bored and decided to kill everyone in Megaton. ( I loaded my last autosave afterward) He called me a piece of shit before proceeding to congratulate me on a job well done with saving the bigtown residents from super mutants. Good times good times

8. Jeff10001

Jeff10001 First time out of the vault

Dec 26, 2012
    I don't mind about him beeing alive or dead.

But anyway: ....

I turn all radio's off, when he's speaking.

And I turn the radio on, when he's playing music.
    The music, I love that. How older how better.

Kinda like in Bioshock, love those old music songs

:clap:

9. Alesia

Alesia It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2013
    I like that station that plays only country music. Three Dogs bugs just made me laugh after I had played through the game a couple of times. I was like level 2 or 3 and a radio was on in a house where he was talking about it being two weeks since the Enclave was kicked out of project purity.

10. Arcanix

Arcanix First time out of the vault

Mar 2, 2013
    I thought of killing Three Dog...but the idea of that Enclave radio for the rest of the game stopped me.

Yeah i know i couldve listened to...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ktbhw0v186Q" frameborder="0"></iframe>

...the entire run through, if i wanted to.

11. davethedave123

davethedave123 First time out of the vault

Dec 24, 2012
    Dont kill Three Dog!! Do you REALLY want to have to listen to Enclave radio the rest of the playthrough?? Apparently when you kill three dog his boring assistant comes on. Of course I wouldn't know for sure as I've never betrayed Three Dog...

12. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    I just shut down the radio. Radio isn't necessary.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    You can kill Three Dog? I always assumed he had that damned character shield that Bethesda seems to be in love with.

14. The Sixth Ranger

The Sixth Ranger It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2013
    I let him live, I like the music on his radio station. That doesn't change the fact that he is your number one fanboy. At least mr. New Vegas only mentions you once on his radio show, he has a larger selection of songs, and he never mentions you specifically after you have completed a quest. And he lets other people share the airwaves.

15. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
    Install radio mod, never listen to original radio again

16. FalloutTroll

FalloutTroll Mfw no snow

Apr 7, 2013
    Three Dog was awesome!

17. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    Yeah he was awsome target for shooting :lol:

18. GrassHurtsPeople

GrassHurtsPeople First time out of the vault

Dec 18, 2012
    Three Dog needed to die

Personally, I think the only thing that stops me from killing Three Dog is his voice, its the only real interesting person to listen to in the wasteland, because apparently the effects of nuclear war also result in everyone sounding like the exact same person you just talked to 5 minutes ago. I can't get over the fact that Margaret sounds like Old Lady Palmer, so that's why I keep myself from putting a .32 in his brain :D