Tim Cain joins Obsidian Entertainment

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Prime Operative

Prime Operative First time out of the vault

Aug 1, 2006
    Don't worry :)

2. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Getting the band back together. Hell yeah.

3. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    It's like...there is absolutely nothing NOT promising about this. I'm growing little mind-boners just thinking about what this may mean.

4. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    This is just so exciting, you know. Tim Cain is back. We should all provide money to charity in the name of this wonderful event.

Who knows, Fallout 4 may be released (ahem, celebration time http://falloutsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Yakov's_Fallout_4) and it could be made by Obsidian.

5. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    This isn't exciting at all. Firstly, there was never an "old team" with Tim Cain and the people at Obsidian. Secondly, there is no reason to think they'll appoint TC their overboss and suddenly start spurting out Arcanum- or ToEE-style RPGs. It's just something that may or may not have appreciably positive effects in the long run.

6. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    Oh shit. That's right. I'm not excited. Thank you, Per. Once again. Thank you so much. You are the light in the dark.

7. Joelzania

Joelzania Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2011
    Don't feel bad.

Feel angry!

Angry at Activision!

8. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    I've been feeling angry at Activision for quite a while. Haven't bought an Activision game since COD4.

9. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    You're welcome. Once people leave the subset of the population that masturbates to notifications of employment changes in the computer game industry, they rarely find reason to go back.

10. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    It's exciting because it could potentially mean something nice will happen in some way with some thing.

The presence of this news is more exciting than the absence of this news...your posturing notwithstanding.

11. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    So after the flop called Dungeon Siege 3, Obsidian is still hiring and just so hired the LEAD PROGRAMMER of one of my favorite video games, the series of which is still being developed in part by the company he was hired to. Not to mention his work done on the Troika gems.
    How can your metaphorical dick not be tickled? We won't get a ToEE or Arcanum? Fuck it, that kind of game's hayday is over. Possibly further improve on Bethesda's version of the Fallout universe? Fuck yeah, I'm excited.

12. dev

dev Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 25, 2004
    I think Bethesda is working on Fallout 4 from long time...

13. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Yay Tim Cain! :D

14. C2B

C2B Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 17, 2010
    I still don't get the DSIII hate. (Apart from it beeing an Action-RPG) Mainly because it can keep up in all elements with other Obsidian Games. Its only real downside is lack of content.

It also features the most well written/logical lore of an Black Isle/Obsidian game since the original Fallout.

15. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    i'm with Continuum on this one.
    It would be much better if they manage to create something fresh like Troika's PARPG rather than another fallout.
    More freedom with a new IP and no more sticking with Bethesda's fallout.

16. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Completely unrelated, but does anyone know who made the music in the background? Or what piece it is? I know it is a long shot, but I really love the music...

Can I at least get it somewhere?

17. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    I should've added "financially speaking". 50% sale on Steam for a weekend and still look at the numbers on vgchartz... ouch.

18. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SwFhfNh1w

19. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Wow. I didn't actually expect it to be Eno's.
    I had this thing in my computer not too long ago, but I deleted it. No wonder it sounded familiar.

Thanks, Reconite.

20. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    This is great news. I had been wondering what was next for Tim after he left Carbine.