Underrail indie RPG Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    I don't think we've posted on Underrail before, but Stygian Software contacted us to point out their independent, turn-based, isometric RPG, which both in setting and gameplay style looks like it'll be of interest to Fallout fans. Description from the website:<blockquote>Story

The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.
    The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught amidst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as they secretly but violently struggle for the Humanity’s last gem of hope.

Features
    • Great character customization possibilities through stats, skills, feats, items and more that allows for many different play-styles
    • Tactical turn based combat that utilizes weapons, energy shields, grenades, psi abilities and more
    • Vast underground world to explore: city states, abandoned building complexes, natural caverns, secret areas and more
    • Elaborate item crafting system
    </blockquote>And the latest, 15 minute, alpha gameplay footage:

<center><iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KXyCpVbKEKw" frameborder="0"></iframe></center>

2. Kordanor

Kordanor First time out of the vault

Feb 13, 2009
    Gogo kickstarter. ;)

Should be an ideal candidate.

3. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
  4. Kordanor

Feb 13, 2009
  5. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    Sounds interesting. I guess the idea was inspired by Metro?...

6. Kordanor

Feb 13, 2009
    I think post apocalyptic games under the surface are more of a natural thing to do.

Metro 2033 wasn't really the first game and I doubt too many people read the book(s).

Fallout 3 also had huge parts of it in the underground. And maybe you remember Hellgate London. In that game the Metro was also somewhat of the last outpost for human kind.

But in any way I would also love to see some stuff going on on the surface.

7. Styg

Styg First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2012
    Actually, when I started making the game I haven't even heard of Metro 2033. When I found out, I went out and bought the book but never had time to read it.

Btw, hi. :)

8. Radman

Radman It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2007
    Greetings,

The game looks amazing and i'll happily donate some money to help further the cause.

9. Ardent

Ardent A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Jul 24, 2009
    Looking good. I especially like the interactions with the environment (cameras, vent ducts) and the fog of war/limited visibility.

I'll be very much interested in checking out the demo and buying this game when it's out. If it ends up on Kickstarter, I'll put in some cash too. :)

10. Grotesque

Grotesque It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 16, 2006
    I'd say this video reminded me of Arx Fatalis

I would donate money if this would be a Kickstarter project just to see some crouching animation and more item variation

11. robveers

robveers First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2011
    an isometric turn-based game at last. i have been looking for a game like this. i wish it'll be worth the effort of the developer .

edit: and it's RPG...
    you should bring your project to the Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

12. Styg

Jun 17, 2012
  13. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    This looks very promising. I love the graphics.

14. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    I like the games mechanics and the view, graphics are fine too.
    On the other hand i dislike the setting.
    But i'll put some cash if it ends on kickstarter.
    Nice to see a gameplay video before asking for money, congratz for that :clap:

15. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Looks good, hoping to see more of it later.

16. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    Excellent retro art-style, XP rewards for exploration, all kinds of skill checks, nice stealth and ventilation shaft system, turn-based with adjustable AP usage. Also inspired by Fallout and ToEE? I'm anxious for a kickstarter campaign(or preorder) and the demo.

17. Freddy

Freddy First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2003
    Is that a nod to PS:T at the 8:30 mark with the dialogue option "They call me Adahn?" Loving the gameplay so far. Very likely to contribute to any crowdsource funding after seeing this video.

18. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Looks pretty damn promising, good luck with your work Styg!

19. Styg

Jun 17, 2012
    Thanks for the support, guys. Stay tuned for the playable demo. :)

Couldn't help myself. Love that game. :)

20. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Alpharius oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Looks sweet. Keep up the good work, man.