Fallout 2 mod Unofficial MIB88 MegaMod Gameplay Help

OK I've looked at the guides and founfno answers: what's the importance of the destroyed lab and the riuned town?

Both, for now, are merely for ambience. They are not required locations. There are no quests associated with those locations... yet.

Is there a way to get rid off bounty hunter perk? Was stupid enough to rewrite all saves after taking it. Or if it not possible to remove it entirely from save, at least way to make encounters much less frequient?

Also it seems I'm playing pretty outdated version(2.45 + rus update), and damage formula is something. Even enclave armor of mod 2 frequiently penned for 20-30 hp from weakest guns like hunting rifle, and 223 pistol suits amazing to rip enclave patrols apart what renders other weapons not required to pass higher level encounter. And I really like how difficulty curve raises from starting locations to gekko\vault 8, but making it further really a nightmare with even hardened iron armor without save scum. 7-9 members raiders with m3a1 and battle shotguns just 1-shot with bursts from 10-15 gex distance. Is it works as intented or fixed in later versions of MM? For me it seems that something of damage formula not working like ap bonuces from ammos.

Last edited:
Just got the megamod, haven't played the game in forever, so when i went to get the power armor from navarro i got told I don't know how to use power armor, i tried googling to find out how to use power armor but couldn't find anything and i don't remember ever having to learn how to use it b4, would like to know at least where i need to go to learn how to use it, any help would be well, helpful

Is there a way to get rid off bounty hunter perk? Was stupid enough to rewrite all saves after taking it. Or if it not possible to remove it entirely from save, at least way to make encounters much less frequient?

Also it seems I'm playing pretty outdated version(2.45 + rus update), and damage formula is something. Even enclave armor of mod 2 frequiently penned for 20-30 hp from weakest guns like hunting rifle, and 223 pistol suits amazing to rip enclave patrols apart what renders other weapons not required to pass higher level encounter. And I really like how difficulty curve raises from starting locations to gekko\vault 8, but making it further really a nightmare with even hardened iron armor without save scum. 7-9 members raiders with m3a1 and battle shotguns just 1-shot with bursts from 10-15 gex distance. Is it works as intented or fixed in later versions of MM? For me it seems that something of damage formula not working like ap bonuces from ammos.
delete all 3 "GL_Bounty_Hunter*" scripts from fo2\data\scripts

I have a problem with the Quest "Save the Harvest in Arroyo" when I bring the poison to the elder, and then when she asks about the barbarians, I can only answer her "Forgive the Elder, I did not learn anything," how to fix it? With whom need to talk or do? Please, help.

Nothing to fix. Your character just did not have a high enough perception to notice things.

Hmmm. I thought it was perception, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll take apart the script and let you know.

Edit: So, perception needs to be 9 or higher. In addition, you need to have a high speech and then a high outdoorsman skill to get the best possible answers.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I thought it was perception, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll take apart the script and let you know.

Edit: So, perception needs to be 9 or higher. In addition, you need to have a high speech and then a high outdoorsman skill to get the best possible answers.
Thank you very much, why did not I think of eloquence myself? I have 30 but need 60, you just thawed me the passage!

Quick question - I heard that restored content and MIB88 are incompatible. I searched everywhere for the answer but is their a way to save the Deathclaw's in vault 13 in MIB88 or is that just a feature in restored content?

I just downloaded the megamod and started a new game. I decided to take the shortcut and get the Enclave power armor early. However, when I tried to get the Vertibird Plans Mission from Matt, he wouldn't give it to me. He just kept saying I was "Too inexperienced". What did I do wrong?

Okay I got a weirder issue, I posted a question earlier and this is unrelated. Once I use the ProcessDat2.exe the game gets a weird glitch that refuses to allow me to boot up the game. It says "an error occurred at 004e52bb when attempting to reference memory at 647a6004" I'm unsure as to why this occurs but if I reinstall the game and don't run the ProcessDat2.exe the game refuses to let me save.
A funny side note is when I was attempting to search the readme's for an answer I found out there's a way to let the deathclaw's live.

Okay I think I got the game fixed - got to gecko however an Lennie is not recruitable - can't even learn his history. Is their a new prerequisite added to him or dose this mean the game is broken

Players can once again get Lenny in their party by accessing the correct
dialog tree and meeting certain prerequisites -
this is from Megamod 2.1 update and describes prerequisites added to Lenny it doesn't mention however what those are - do I have to have a certain karma, talk to him before Harold.

No, I messed something up somewhere after 2.1. I just fixed it again a few weeks ago. This fix will be in the 2.47.3 update. Getting the dialog option to recruit him is very easy. There are no prerequisites. I think before I may have made it a requirement to fix the reactor. This is no longer the case.

Does anybody know if there's a level requirement to the Vertibird Plans Mission? I managed to visit San Francisco after Leveling up a bit and Matt still said I wasn't ready. What am I doing wrong?

Okay so unit update 2.47.3 Lenny isn't recruitable - cool. Is 2.47.3 out soon or is it set to release much later. Because if its a year away I'll just skip Lenny and move on - if your goanna release a week from now I'll hold off and wait to do a play through with the full rooster of companions.

Hmmm. I was hoping to fix a major issue with Marcus before I made the next release. Nevermind. I will put out what I have this week. I don't think there are any fixes I made recently which would require starting a new game. However, be advised that some fixes would not be seen unless you start over or at least enter certain areas for the first time. The fix to Lenny, though, does NOT require starting a new game or even entering Gecko for the first time.

Last edited:
Back