Fallout 2 mod Unofficial MIB88 MegaMod Gameplay Help

Hello, I've just decided to go through Fallout 2 again (the last time was around 2010... which is around the last, first, and only time I posted here) and decided to try some mods for the first time. I'm having an issue with this "MegaMod" though -- in Arroyo, Sly Fox (Jordan?) told me to come back with a sharpened spear and gave me a hint about Mynoc, but when I talk to Mynoc he doesn't have anything to say about a sharpened spear. What am I missing?

You need at least 7 Perception to see that Mynoc has an unusual spear; however, you can find sharpened spears in the wasteland. And Yes, Jordan's nickname is Sly Fox (he has a bone in his nose too)

Speaking of bounty hunters, is there a way to reedeem those bounties ? Or the perk only had the encounter ?

Hey, I need some gameplay help this is my 2nd playthrough of megamod, is there any way to access the vertibird? I did all the quests but, hovering over the vertibird only gives me access to the cargo other than that, it only shows me the options of binoculars, bag, and vault boy. Also is there a possibility that you can continue playing megamod after you finish the main quest?

https://falloutmods.fandom.com/wiki/Megamod_Guide

EDIT: its first thing in the Navarro section.

Don't know about the main quest question.

I looked at the guide, it says just take the vertibird I think it's a bug I am not able to take the vertibird that's why I'm asking lol. This is my 2nd playthrough, but I finished the main quest on my 1st playthrough and it just reverts me back to the main menu which is kind of a bummer :/ I really wanted to continue playing after I finished the main quest. But as for the vertibird I think it's a bug it's not showing the hand option.

There are people who can give better answers, but I will try my best meanwhile.

Just reading the walkthrough, it seems there are many conditions that have to be met in order for u to be able to use the vertibird. This means that there are many places in the script where the condition check flow could be broken. For instance, if u did a certain action, then saved and reloaded the game, and continued seemingly as usual, there might be a variable which is not saved between reloads that broke something in the script.

I would suggest following the walkthrough, step by step, without saves in between, with a character that hasn't made any contact with the enclave, and test it again. u can use some character editor to make things easier.

Just reading the walkthrough, it seems there are many conditions that have to be met in order for u to be able to use the vertibird. This means that there are many places in the script where the condition check flow could be broken. For instance, if u did a certain action, then saved and reloaded the game, and continued seemingly as usual, there might be a variable which is not saved between reloads that broke something in the script.

I would suggest following the walkthrough, step by step, without saves in between, with a character that hasn't made any contact with the enclave, and test it again. u can use some character editor to make things easier.
I actually might try that that, seems reasonable! i will try to follow the guide step by step, so the scripting actions can't be broken. I talked to the vertiguard which was step #1 then, immediately skipped to step #3 lol.

To be honest I just deleted my 2nd playthrough, on a level 53 character since, I was angry I couldn't get the vertibird :/ so now, i'm going to have to restart the game over again to get to the vertibird. But it's no big hassle I wanted the toughness perk anyway. And also, i'm trying to get the vertibird to see if I can continue playing after the main quest is over.

Someone will give you a yes or no answer in a couple of hours for sure:)

Have fun playing meanwhile.

EDIT: don't forget that normal damage resistance is capped at 90%, so I think with advanced PA toughness becomes obsolete (I think).

EDIT: not true, it got nerfed in Megamod

Last edited:
Someone will give you a yes or no answer in a couple of hours for sure:)

Have fun playing meanwhile.

EDIT: don't forget that normal damage resistance is capped at 90%, so I think with advanced PA toughness becomes obsolete (I think).

EDIT: not true, it got nerfed in Megamod

Thank you so much for the help I appreciate it :) and also, I just get the toughness perk to get more hp to be quite honest.

Thank you so much for the help I appreciate it :) and also, I just get the toughness perk to get more hp to be quite honest.

The vertibird dont work like a car you only can fly with this to enclave base.

In normal game when you beat the game the game ask you will you end the game or continue playing..

But there are no changes only some people say youre a hero and so things..

The vertibird dont work like a car you only can fly with this to enclave base.

In normal game when you beat the game the game ask you will you end the game or continue playing..

But there are no changes only some people say youre a hero and so things..

That's the thing I wanted to know if I can keep continuing to play the game or not. That's why I looked towards the vertibird as my last hope lol. It would be pointless to make a mod only to find out you can't continue to play the game IMO.

So, anyone knows how do I craft? I have tried all the letters and F1-12 keys, activating the flint in my inventory and the sewing kit balthas gives me, but for the life of me I can't figure out how you craft stuff.

So, anyone knows how do I craft? I have tried all the letters and F1-12 keys, activating the flint in my inventory and the sewing kit balthas gives me, but for the life of me I can't figure out how you craft stuff.
Right click look at your character.

Go into the options and set the resolution to 640x480px?

Or delete the f2_res.dll file from the games folder.

In the Modoc mine is there some way to improve your chances of getting ore from the seams? I just spent a very boring two hours pounding fruitlessly with the rock hammer.

Hmmm. It's not meant to be a grind. The odds are pretty high that you will get ore, I think. Like, 1 in 4 times, or something like that. Maybe something got messed up? Until I have a chance to check it, you might also try using the portable drill in the crate. The odds of retrieving ore with that is slightly better.

Back