Fallout 2 mod Unofficial MIB88 MegaMod Gameplay Help

Hello!

First of all! Fantastic work on the megamod! Despite some crashing I've been having a blast. New content makes old zones feel fresh, and new zones make exploration feel like a whole new feature again. At first the difficulty hikes bothered me but the more I played around them the more I appreciated them. New recipe system is absolutely killer (Mr Fixit I think?) with things like the Arroyo Shaman quest. All in all, this is kind of the 'Fallout 2 Plus' experience, since I consider FO2 + RP to be the 'definitive' FO2 experience. So... thanks for this!

I had just three party member issues and then the Brotherhood bunker quest never seemed to work for me, but I gather the bunker is a known issue.

Anyway, really just three things then. And it's all party member concerns. I added the Tweaks patch to get the infinite party, because I'm a goober, so if that's responsible for the new teammates not playing nice then I guess that's just on me.

The first is Bess. When I first Doctor her up she responds like a normal party member and can be given combat commands etc., but as soon as I leave the screen she reverts to her base game generic NPC format, where she just moos if clicked on and can't be ordered like a party member and doesn't follow the team.

The second is Dobbs. Because I have over the max limit for party, he seems to just immediately drop the team. Sometimes this becomes a CTD, not sure what the trigger is between him just dropping and the game outright crashing. As long as I have under the party limit it seems to be fine. The moment my party is full, he ejects himself.

And the third is the Sentry Bot Skynet, who's suffering basically the same problems as Dobbs. Very worth noting Skynet does not have this problem as a Robobrain.

Worth noting, I did have to reset the Modoc main and SAD lv 4 maps, don't know if that would influence how the NPCs behave.

Thanks, @SirFuzzi for the report. I'll look into these when I have some time. I can't say for sure what is going on. Could be I forgot to implement something. Could be resetting the maps, as there are important variables there.

Ok so I created an account just to contact MIB, I've been looking around for an solution to this vertibird bug of some sort.

I cannot get the Vertibird even after I finished the quest. Theres no use option or anything. Yes I've got the training.

I've done all the ways guide told me to and no, it simply doesn't work and nobody even told anything about it. Please help.

Ok so I created an account just to contact MIB, I've been looking around for an solution to this vertibird bug of some sort.

I cannot get the Vertibird even after I finished the quest. Theres no use option or anything. Yes I've got the training.

I've done all the ways guide told me to and no, it simply doesn't work and nobody even told anything about it. Please help.

This is what I encounter no matter what approach I've done

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
It's actually been a very long time since I've tested the vertibird. But, do you have an option to use the rear part of the vertibird?

It's actually been a very long time since I've tested the vertibird. But, do you have an option to use the rear part of the vertibird?
Yeah i do have the option to open its cargo but nothing else, no option to ride it or use it

Also another reply, does the version of Megamod I'm playing matter at all? I'm playing the version 2.47.6

Three major bugs in the newest version"

1: BOS is a black screen.
2: Carson crashed big time
3: Entering V14 makes my game turn white, then it goes back to the starting screen.

I also keep getting error messages with Sulik's sister at the slaver's camp.

Her .msg file is in my directory. How do I overcome this problem?

Also Carson keeps crashing and Vault 14 keeps putting me at Bunker 21 when I try to go to the other side.
Sister.png

Since the correct message file is there, I have no idea how to fix it. That's just bizarre.

Same with the Vault 14 map taking you to Bunker 21. Which map are you trying to leave? Is this problem happening when you try to go through the doors to enter the vault? Or, is this happening at one of the interior level maps? Either way... just weird and makes no sense. Wait. First you said it was just going to a white screen and the game ended. So, which is it? Are you using some kind of cheat program or other editor?

Carson... That error is just a general error that pops up any time there is a problem. My guess is that there is a missing file. But, it's not an error I can replicate.

I'm sorry, but I am truly stuck trying to explain what you are experiencing.

In the last Prizefighter fight, what is important to win against the Masticator? I after I could not win with ~100 Unarmed, I wanted to look if a higher skill is better. So I made Unarmed with an editor a tag skill, had over 160 skill in it (Lvl 16, ST 8, AG 10, 28% critical chance, Finesse), but I did not much damage. Even hitting his head, I could not knock him out like the others, he always stood up.

How is it possible to get 30 Karma at the beginning, so it is possible to be Shaman?
I got only
15 Karma for the trials
5 Karma for getting the dog back in Arroyo
0 Karma for helping at the shack with the dog
I found no others giving quests in the camp.

In the primitive camp location I have no idea how to proceed with the haunted shaman quest. During midnight nothing happens. I found two bodies of Nessa in the woods before the camp. One in the middle of the map and one top right lying on rugs.

In the Abbey basement, top east is behind the walls another monk. How can I reach him?

The secret is to aim for the eyes, or cripple a limb.

Yeah, I crippled also his eyes and use the special gloves. Only help was using a save game editor and give the MC more damage. But I reloaded after it. Because I wanted not to cheat if possible.

Last edited:
Back