Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
The greatest threat to America is her own self-doubt; only from the inside can she be defeated. She's too powerful to be defeated by any other country or coaliton.

idk i feel like when you threaten people with guns youre just darwining it up. didnt he come at them with a bat?

idk i feel like when you threaten people with guns youre just darwining it up. didnt he come at them with a bat?
Yes, the guy also had a history of anger issues. So something tells me this wasn't their first interaction. Regardless, the father is serving enough time that he'll likely die in prison. Not saying that as a good or bad thing, just that it happened.

All this over a fucking box spring is still morbidly hilarious though. That and no attempt at de escalation from the guy's wife, who you can see her pull the phone away at just the right moment as the bat goes flying through the air.

Last edited:
I somehow dodged hearing about this I guess. I watched the video and of course it's not only stupid on both sides of whatever was happening (I seriously don't really get WHY any of that was happening) but it also doesn't provide enough of any context to initial aggressors or final moments in the conflict, like most of these crimes with video evidence. I assume witnesses and shit helped sort some things out.
Seems like any amount of critical thinking was avoided in that interaction on either side though.

From what you can tell in the video, the two dudes have guns and the other guy doesn't have anything and it seems someone brings him a bat that appears later. The guy with the bat is screaming the whole time though and threatening them.
I'm sure there's even further context and history between these people though. But the dude with the bat should have instead just left. They brandished firearms but they clearly aren't intending to shoot currently. Just fucking leave and call the law on them is far better than threatening them as if they won't shoot. I'd take the chance to leave over the small chance I think there is that someone shoots me.

Just complete and rampant idiocy.
Yeah this sums it up. The whole thing seems just insane to me.

Last edited:
Back