Wasteland 2 Kickstarter has launched

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by C2B, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Autoduel76

Autoduel76 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 14, 2007
    A few other interesting Fargo tweets

2. incognito

incognito First time out of the vault

Mar 4, 2012
    I can just say awesome, i do not care if it look like quake 1 if we get excellent game play (although i think there will be eye candy fore us).

If it is 3d all the way you can set your camera the way you want, if it is 2d with 3d models then it will be fixed. But i think isometric is the best options and just remove or see true the wall.

the party system may be a hassle if you have to micro manage everything, it is a question of control versus annoying. Still i will want to try solo as much as possible, i had the some of the most fun that way.

768k just 132k left gonna pop a white wine and cook some tasty small snack to me and my wife at 900k so exited.

3. kuki

kuki First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2012
  4. Dario ff

Dario ff Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 19, 2008
    It's nothing related to kickstarter or Wasteland 2, it's gonna be an iOS port. Carry on. :roll:

Fargo said on Twitter he might do a Reddit IAMA soon, so you might wanna check there in case you want to ask anything. Although the forum seems like a better choice.

5. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    800k reached. by this time tomorrow, the goal should be reached.

6. MurkyShadow

MurkyShadow Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 15, 2004
    And we are at 14,362 Backers 801,819$ already.

7. shijoku

shijoku First time out of the vault

May 23, 2006
    3:40 till midnight CST, that's enough to hit the goal :)

8. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    $817,039. Within 48 hrs there's already more than 90% of the minimum goal! :D
    At this rate, I'm guessing they can probably reach $1.5M in two weeks?

9. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Shoot me again. I ain't dead yet. Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Over 90% baby!

10. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    $822,516

I'm wondering how confident BF was when he started this. Would be funny if he were like "fuck, it will actually happen, what have I gotten myself into..."

By the way, does anyone know how much Fallout 1 and 2 cost to make? I'm trying to picture a modern million dollar game.

11. shijoku

May 23, 2006
    851k! 2hrs till Midnight. Gogogogo!

12. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Approximately 3 million dollars, and 3 years to make...

13. shijoku

May 23, 2006
    In fairness, they did have a lot of technical difficulties they shouldn't face today. Plus voice acting / talking heads were really expensive. I think Tim Cain said they each took 4 months to make.

14. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007

OH GOD THIS IS HAPPENING OH GOD OH GOD

15. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Brian Fargo is now the coolest fucking dude alive. :clap:

16. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    $865,410

ALMOST THERE BITCHES!

17. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Who said this was going to slow down again? :D

I enjoy the comments on the Kickstarter page. People are really loving this. This dude said it best. This is how I feel.

I am so very tired of how the "modern" game plays.
    I have been told that the games I want to play are antiquated... That my voice is the minority... That the game I want to play could never be profitable...
    Every instance of a classic game being "re-imagined" as a First Person Shooter is a reminder that my opinion is worthless in the eyes of the modern game developer...
    Slowly I began to lose hope; for every quality, interesting, game that has been released over the last ten years, there were a hundred disappointments.
    However, I feel like those days are over. I see this and I think that maybe my voice isn't so insignificant. Maybe Call of Duty clones AREN'T the only games that can sell. Hell, maybe there is an entire market that has been ignored; a market consisting of people like me.

InXile will get a lot more fans after all of this is over. People are coming out of the woodwork on this one. I never gave a shit about Kickstarter until Double Fine and InXile got involved. Hell yes!

18. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    I think it will eventually reach something like 1,5 or even more. Damn, I am gonna save my dough, buy myself a proper rig and hook it up to my LG 32" and play this baby to death when it's out!

$870,545

19. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Well, obviously I saw the firsthand effects and benefits of it which is why I've been such an outspoken supporter of it and this the entire time. That said...I agree with the overall sentiment of that person's post. I won't lie to y'all...I teared up the moment the thing launched and I watched that video on Kickstarter. I sure did.

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I don't think the big studios will give a fuck about this project, even if inXile gather 30,000 backers, and 2 million dollars, that's chump change for EA or Activision. This will excite the small developers, and Indy developers who could do wonders with 2 million.

Modern Warfare 3 brought in $400 million in the first 24 hours, that's probably 4 million buyers...what can I say. :?