What are you taking on your walk across the Lonesome Road?

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by WelcomeToNewReno, Sep 14, 2011.

1. :cry: *Sniff* I can't believe this will be my last topic for these. Well, I guess I'll go first.

Weapons:
    -Weathered 10mm Pistol (From the Classic Pack)
    If it comes down to a battle with Ulysses, I want to do the final shot with the first Fallout weapon.

-A Light Shining In The Darkness
    My favorite weapon from Honest Hearts. I'll be taking along my favorite weapons from other DLC's as well.

-Holorifle
    My favorite weapon from Dead Money. It served as my primary weapon until Honest Hearts.

-Saturnite Power Fist Super Heated
    Favorite weapon from Old World Blues.

Apparel:
    -Joshua Graham's Armor
    My favorite armor. It's light, has decent protection, and just looks so damn cool.

-Vance's Lucky Hat
    I used to wear a pre war hat, but when I found this unique version I was puzzled how it was called his lucky hat but brought no luck bonus. I was so confused by it that I posted an article here about it. I've worn it ever since. It's like the dog you didn't want and hated at first, but it grew on you.

Aid:
    -Stimpacks, lots of them. That's it.

Misc:
    -Lockpicks
    You never know.

-Teddy Bear
    Why not? I do collect them. I should place one somewhere special, like where I confront Ulyesses.

-Vault 13 Water Flask
    Never leave home without one.

Ammo:
    All of it.

This feels a little more somber than my previous topics, but I guess that's the mood you get when you could be very well playing the last story based DLC of such a great game. And you could also be very well heading into another Bethesda shit storm. Anyway, what are you bringing?

2. :::SILUS:::

:::SILUS::: Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 18, 2011
    Weapons: Chainsaw, Chopper.

Armor: Jessup's Bandana, Lucky Shades, Centurion Armor, Rebreather.

Aid: Stims, a truckload. Weapon Reapair kits, 2 truckloads.

Misc: Lockpicks

Ammo: is for faggots

3. Atlas_Romero

Atlas_Romero First time out of the vault

Sep 14, 2011
    Weapons: This Machine, Survivalist's Rifle, A light Shining in Darkness, Dinner Bell

Armor: Joshua Graham's Armor, Sunglasses

Aid: STIMPACKS AND THIN RED PASTE!

Ammo: .308, 12.7mm, .45 Auto, 12 Gauge.

Misc: Lockpicks of lockpicking

4. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Weapons: Q-35 matter modulator, Plasma Caster, and Recharger Pistol... I MAY take a Gauss rifle.

Armor: I can't decide between Enclave Power Armor or reinforced leather. We'll see.

Aid: Weapon repair kits, food, stims, and water.

Ammo: I have over 2000 MF cells and I plan to bring them all.

5. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Weapons:
    A fire axe.
    Maybe a grenade launcher for backup.

Armour:
    Mad Science scrubs 'cause that's how I roll.
    Some form of goggle/mask combo.

Healies:
    Lots.

Pickies:
    Lots.

Ammo:
    Lots a splodey ammo.

6. KillgoreKillmore

KillgoreKillmore It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 12, 2011
    Weapons:
    (Although I usually go for the stealth approach in this case, I'm gonna mix it up a little.) (1) Cristine's COS Sniper Rifle (2) .45 Auto Pistol fully modded (3) All American

Armor:
    (I was going to bring my [HH] Desert Ranger Armor but seeing as there is some sort of new Armor coming in the pack, I changed my mind.) (1) Gecko-Backed Reinforced Leather Armor (2) Recruit Legionary Mask

Aid:
    (Stocked to the teeth with plenty of Rocket, Healing Poultice, Hydra, Steady, and Party Time Mentats) (1) Thin Red Paste (10lbs worth) (2) Black Blood Sausage (10lbs worth)

Misc:
    Bobby pins

Ammo:
    (1) .45 Auto +P (2) .308 Armor Pierce/Hollow Point (3) .556 Armor Pierce

7. RRBM

RRBM First time out of the vault

Jul 28, 2011
    I'll be taking a busted-up 10mm pistol, some reinforced leather armor, 2 stimpacks, 1 bobbypin and about 24 rounds of 10mm, JHP. Might grab a machete and Legion prime helmet as well.

Spartan loadout or GTFO :P Makes the equipment you find in the actual DLC twice as awesome.

8. Hoosier_Jedi

Hoosier_Jedi First time out of the vault

Sep 15, 2011
    Marksman carbine, hunting rifle, 30 sticks of TNT, reenforced armor and about 60 stimpacks.

9. Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 18, 2010
    A Light Shining in Darkness, a fully modded Hunting Rifle, Desert Ranger armor, some gecko kabobs and healing poultices are all I need.

10. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Simple ranger clothes with Brush Gun and 12.7mm Pistol with some Stims. I am certain that there will be enough other stuff to loot in the DLC. :>

11. quotetheraven90

quotetheraven90 First time out of the vault

Jul 12, 2011
    I'm currently roleplaying as Eli (from the movie), which I'm saving specifically for this DLC. So, I'm bringing;

Weapons:
    - Broad Machete (from Tribal pack?)
    - The Equalizer (Unique lever action shotgun from New Vegas Bounties II)
    - Fully modded .45 auto
    - Binocular

Apparel:
    - Roving outfit
    - Authority glasses
    - Backpack (Atomic mods)
    - Just in case, Sierra Mandre Reinforced security armor

Others:
    - That scripture from HH (Roleplaying...ha!)
    - Stimpaks
    - Purified water

12. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    It will take some time after I play it, but well.

Weapons:
    Balistic fist
    .45 pistol moded
    Dinner Bell

Apparel:
    - Joshua Graham Armor
    - Salt Upon Wounds Helmet
    - the Hazmat suit from OWB onceI get it

Others:
    - A Bunch of Stimpaks
    - Ammo for the DInner Bell and .45 pistol
    - Various food items
    - Various poisons (cloud kiss, dark daturas, the regular poisons from Vanilla)

13. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    I just take whatever I find in inventory when I load it up. There's gonna be stuff to find there anyway, why bother with additional carryweight.

14. Old Man Vee

Old Man Vee First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2011
    Just my t-52b power armor and my plasma caster.

15. DevilTakeMe

DevilTakeMe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 12, 2011
    I think my first playthrough will look a bit like this:

Weapons: Maria (much like the OP's thoughts, except it'll the same gun that tried to put the Courier in the ground), Survivalist's Rifle

Armor: Desert Ranger armor

Plenty of ammo and stimpacks and food.

16. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    That's exactly why I don't understand why people get so upset when a DLC takes your stuff away. Why did you buy the DLC if you don't want to use the stuff that the DLC has to offer?

Edit: Probably all I'll bring is the police pistol, my gecko-backed leather armor reinforced, and whatever happens to be in my Aid and Misc. inventories.

17. Shadow of the Wastes

Shadow of the Wastes It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 8, 2010
    Think on my current playthrough I'll make sure I have Maria.

Would be a fitting weapon should my meeting with Ulysses come to a violent end (and the first time probably will just so I can know what happens, then reload.)

18. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    Bounty Hunter Duster, sequoia, 10 shitloads of stims and my scoped trail carbine.

19. Heh, I didn't think of that. I guess it would be more deep to use something personal for the Courier, but all I was thinking while posting was:
    "Dude, it would be sooo cool to end the Ulysses story with the Vault Dweller's gun!"

20. a_Psychonaut

a_Psychonaut First time out of the vault

Aug 31, 2011
    Weapons; The Survivalists' Rifle, A Light shining in Darkness, Anti-Material Rifle, Mysterious Magnum, Maria, Ranger Sequoia

Armor; Desert Ranger Armor, Joshua Graham's Armor, 1st Recon Beret, Sunglasses

Other: Stims, Repair kits, mentats, jet, buffout.

I carry no flag, man needs no gods or masters.