What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

The two sides of Gaming.

On One Side we get Mistercaption whom is extremely critical of any game he plays but is also vastly enjoyable to watch. His content has detailed analysis and covers a vast majority of the game.

On The Other Side is MrMattyPlays who offers no real thesis on any game. The overally excited Bethesda shrill who gets an erection when he hears that Bethesda are working on 7 projects (even through if I know the industry, 3 will most likely be big releases, maybe a couple mobile games and the rest will get cancelled) even if Bethesda's track record has been diminishing greatly over the past decade.

It would be interesting to see some kind of drama play out between the two. My money would be on MisterCaption wiping the floor. But alas, I don't game for the outside drama but for the Hookers I can pick up so I can get someone else to play Pong with me.

He's just being tact about it as to not hurt his subscriber base which he's built up around Bethesda games.
But that doesn't make any sense, considering he also made those videos where he ranted the loss of many things in F4, like Skills. Hell, he even called out a dumbass for saying stupid shit like "Skills are an old-fashioned thing from bygone era yadda yadda" (I forgot the exact words) and he had a LOT of his fanbase supporting him in that specific comment. I guess what @Arnust said about this made sense. Just look at Joseph Anderson's "Fallout 4: One Year Later" where iirc he mentioned the game grown on him now, despite of a year ago he made pretty decent analysis on why F4 sucks balls compared to F:NV (despite him not played F1&2).

It can only grow on you once you accept it's not a Fallout game. I did the same and managed to squeeze some fun out of it - for a while that is.

I don't even think Gopher plays the game that much anymore. It doesn't get the same amount of attention the other Fallout's had when they came out, and even well past their prime he was making playthroughs for them.

Someguy2000 hates too and as far as I know, he does not intend to make mods for this game. I consider his mods the best for NV (even though the waves of enemies he loves so much can be very tedious)

Have some more:

Op:
Well, it's been two years after the release and there's a team of mod designers that's working on a mod that's basically a Fo4 version of FOOK (FallOut Overahaul Kit) called, Wasteland overhaul.

And the progress so far looks promising.

Also, looks like Fallout 4 may not be a bad game (I know Fallout 4 is not a good Fallout game, but it is still a good game) compare to another game that came out recently and let's be thankful that Bethesda and Obsidian is not run by politically correct SJWs.

Idiot number one:
'IMO, 4 was the second best in the series'

Don't let Ediros see that. Opinions like that hurt his fragile psyche.

Me:
You called?

Fragile psyche, wow I am so NOT surprised. You guys truly hate me. Fallout Turists, they don't stay long, leave as soon as they notice another AAA game and forget about previous one.

Oh, I see what mod does. Turns shitout 4 into slightly better game. More guns, more ammo types, more variety. Neat, if you actually play this game. How ironic, Fallout 1,2 and NV had ammo types and bigger variety despite being released a few years ago. So, now the mods are the only ones left who care about it.

I wonder what else will they cut in fallout-we don't give a damn-5? Two arbitary choices that lead to the same conclusion? Even less weapons and even more mods? No more custom quests, just radiant ones?

In any event, at least you can somehow take some enjoyment from this game now the mods fix it for you. 'Mods will fix it', right? Who cares about quests, characters, lore, oh I forgot 'Mods will fix it!'.

Have fun, I will instead go to play games that do not kill my brain cells, cheers!

Also, looks like Fallout 4 may not be a bad game (I know Fallout 4 is not a good Fallout game, but it is still a good game) compare to another game that came out recently
I cannot, in any way and with whatever considerations that there is, even comprehend this statement at all. With the likes of The Witcher 3 and pretty much proper indie-games out there - hell, let's not get that far and instead compare them with decent modders - what Bethesda did is a fucking atrocity.

Alas, that position has been dethroned by an even worst atrocity that is ME:A

I cannot, in any way and with whatever considerations that there is, even comprehend this statement at all. With the likes of The Witcher 3 and pretty much proper indie-games out there - hell, let's not get that far and instead compare them with decent modders - what Bethesda did is a fucking atrocity.

Alas, that position has been dethroned by an even worst atrocity that is ME:A

Those guys are in denial. News that put shitout in a good light 4 are all over the forum. On other hand, Caption Review or a thread about being dead franchise almost kicked me out from it.

They treat me as a retard, who cannot comprehed how "good" shitout 4 is. I do not even care about their opinion, since I get instantly attacked. Even admins can not say it sucks without being attacked by the rest of the group. It is basically like fallout reddit.

The only reason I go there to see, how dumb they are and to get some materials for this thread.

I'm trying to think of where Fallout 4 rates in at.

Objectively its only strongpoints is relatively smooth gunplay, and the occasional decent design (While not very good when it comes to canon, the deathclaws in 4 do look pretty nice...I admire that most actually have unique models IIRC).

Its worse than 1 and 2, games made in the 90's.

Worse than NV...

I'd argue it's even worse than 3...

And here you get the answer. Hint, they are morons:

tfw the game improves on everything except dialogue and RPG elements.

I'd have to agree that NV was a great game in many aspects. Hell, I finished that game like 13 times. But Fallout 1 and 2 are way to different to be compared to Fallout 4, or even NV.

Fallout 4 really is the second best, because Fallout 3 was fucking garbage. 1 and 2 are classics, but not very enjoyable to a lot of people because of the top down view.

New Vegas is still supreme, until Obsidian makes another one that is.

Anyone who can't stand top down turnbased can go off themselves IMO.

Fallout 1-2 are quite enjoyable, much more tactical.

I like how most people admitting to 4 being a bad Fallout game feel the need to preempt that it's "still a good game" despite that. Is this a fucking meme or something...because it seems like it comes up every single time an apologist feels the need to defend the game.

No. It's a terribly average Far Cry shooter with gunplay that is still behind the curve. It's laughable that they half-assed the very thing they want this game to become - a shooter.

Deep down I like to think that Bethesda pushed their next walking simulator back by a few years because of how abysmal the scores were for Fallout 4 compared to the usual 90+ metacritic scores they're used to. They probably figured they can't get by on open-world exploration anymore due to market saturation, and have to actually develop a good game that doesn't seek to do the bare minimum.

Those guys are in denial. News that put shitout in a good light 4 are all over the forum. On other hand, Caption Review or a thread about being dead franchise almost kicked me out from it.

They treat me as a retard, who cannot comprehed how "good" shitout 4 is. I do not even care about their opinion, since I get instantly attacked. Even admins can not say it sucks without being attacked by the rest of the group. It is basically like fallout reddit.

The only reason I go there to see, how dumb they are and to get some materials for this thread.

Where is this place? It sounds like the Fallout 4 section of Nexus. I'm always getting 'if you hate this game so much, why are you here?'

Because I spent 90 bucks on a game worth 20! Also, it's a disgrace to everything Fallout, even Fallout 3 stood for. I can't believe the tripe these people will eat if it's put in front of them.

This one is from the nexus about making roads more cluttered with wrecks and such:

I like the idea, but I dislike exploding cars. It is fallout 3 nonsense that does not fit fallout. I will keep an eye on it, bit it just bothers me. Cheers!
posted @ 11:31, 3 Apr 2017

BambiCookies1 kudos120 posts

I don't agree personally, I adored that part of combat in both Fallout 3 and the few area of FNV where there are vehicles.

It adds to the 'Oh s***' moments when a raider sets a car alight next to you and you have to get outta there.

posted @ 19:48, 3 Apr 2017

Ediros0 kudos5 posts

To me feral ghouls and exploding cars are just non canon. Feral ghouls do not exist in 1 or 2, there were supposed to be walking ones, but they were not supposed to sprint you. Also, if anything there should be more wildlife than feral ghouls. They do not reproduce, where do they come from? Most of the ferals should have died eaten by geckos or something.

Exploding cars makes zero sense. None of the cars in vanilla blow up in New Vegas, you know why? They have got no right to explode. First of all, they are 200 years old wrecks, which spent 200 years without any maintence. Two, nuclear reactors which could have powered those do not explode from being shot.

posted @ 20:13, 3 Apr 2017

EnderDragonFire12 kudos995 posts

So, why do you feel it does not fit fallout? It is no more silly than half the things seen in Fallout 2. Just because it was introduced in Fallout 3 does not mean it automatically is out of place; If that were the case, AER Lasers, T-45 Power Armor, Yao Guai, Chinese Stealth Armor, and many other things would not be in New Vegas. The fact that there are nuclear cars in Lonesome Road suggests that Obsidian liked the concept. As for Feral Ghouls, they are literally in the base game.

If you are arguing based on realism, then you need to remove ALL ghouls, all energy weapons, all Super Mutants, the FEV, most robots, and basically strip everything from the game.

If you are arguing that anything not found in Fallout 1/Fallout 2 is not canon, you are arguing against Obsidian (the people who made Fallout) and Bethesda (the people who own Fallout). Besides that, you are basically invalidating the entire concept of sequels in Fiction.

Neither argument really makes any sense to me.

EnderDragonFire12 kudos995 posts

If you are arguing based on realism, then you need to remove ALL ghouls, all energy weapons, all Super Mutants, the FEV, most robots, and basically strip everything from the game.
Apparently Pete Hines's School of Thoughts is a thing, eh?

If you are arguing that anything not found in Fallout 1/Fallout 2 is not canon, you are arguing against Obsidian (the people who made Fallout) and Bethesda (the people who own Fallout). Besides that, you are basically invalidating the entire concept of sequels in Fiction.
That guy is retarded. Stay as far away before it infect you.

Apparently Pete Hines's School of Thoughts is a thing, eh?

That guy is retarded. Stay as far away before it infect you.

Too late, I have already read his response! Jokes aside, he is just another Fallout turist, just like majority of people who like shitout 4.

Although, I have to admit I did not expect to get cancer from NV nexus. I had half mind of replying, but what he wrote is just... retarded. I need to play some new vegas after this post.

Where is Fallout frontier and Project Brazil, when you need it?

Back