Why Fallout 3 is not as bad as most people on this forum think

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Arin Matthews, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    just point out one thing.
    1,2 and NV has same problem with fo3 doesn't mean
    fo3 isn't bad.
    for every gamem, there's a lot of flaws that are not important.
    most of them are just discussed for kidding.
    and at playng game, that minor problems can be ignored.
    but there's a single(or more) problems that makes game into trash, then the game is trash.

2. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    Also, one should ask what a large organization would be in the context of Fallout 2. How large? Thousands? Millions? Or maybe just hundreds is large for an organization in a just-right-now becoming like the modern world.

Like every thread like this is...

3. Kalasanty11

Kalasanty11 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 18, 2013
    I recall reading somewhere that Enclave had "hundreds of soldiers". Considering it was after nuclear war and what equipment they had, I'd say that they were pretty powerful.

4. What are you talking about?

5. Kalasanty11

Sep 18, 2013
    About, hmmm, Fallout 3? And New Vegas maybe? How is your reading comprehension?

6. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Well, if he had any reading comprehension he would 1. know the difference between Their and They Are, 2. Realize that there are like a thousand topics exactly like this one and 3. Realize how badly written is Fallout 3.

7. Kalasanty11

Sep 18, 2013
    He doesn't let such pitiful trifles as "grammar" or "ortography" bother him :)
    Also, he actually PRAISED F3 for writing, saying, that F3 had perfect proportions between dialogue and action... And NV had too much reading
    I mean, reading? In my shitty fps?! Preposterous! :)

8. pyroD

pyroD Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 26, 2012
    Okay I'm gonna just say it, you shouldn't use that avatar Arin.

9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    And now he steals avatars.... he is like a perfect storm.

10. Wish I had a cool name9

Wish I had a cool name9 First time out of the vault

Sep 15, 2013
    Canon is changeable, its the same in every franchise, is written and rewritten. This is in my mind the definition of fanboyism, an absurd attachment to a franchise staying the same and reacting angrily when it grows.

11. Languorous_Maiar

Languorous_Maiar A Smooth-Skin

Oct 25, 2011
    Hehe...
    In Fallout 2 for example canon grows.
    In FO3 it's destroyed.

If something is illogical within universum, it's rather obvious that it's gonna be disliked by fans.

12. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    Except we're not a bunch of fanboys living in the past, unable to see that Fallout 3 has made the franchise "grow", as you put it. We like a video game franchise, and we react negatively, as Languorous_Maiar said, when an addition is made that doesn't really make sense, in universe. For example, Vault-Tec now have FEV, despite that belonging to a different company, with little to no explanation. It's a stupid change that's just there so Beth can have their wasteland orcs. I mean, is FO: BoS a moment when the franchise grew, as well? Or is it just the games you like?

13. Kalasanty11

Sep 18, 2013
    So is logic? If Bethesda doesn't give a crap even about common sense (Megaton? Little Lamplight? Really?) than why should they even bother with making their games consistent with previous parts?

14. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    Hard to argue against that considering it's true. Two examples:

-Jet was a post-war drug with a 100% addiction rate, now it's a pre-war recreational drug that doctors even use as a substitute for Med-X/morphine.
    -Looting pre-war stuff is one of the main parts of the Capital Wasteland economy. After 200 years there's still loot everywhere.

FO3 is full of this stuff.

That doesn't mean it's a good thing. Retcons aren't inherently bad (primarily because they CAN be handled well) but if are made en masse with the writer obviously not giving a fuck for consistency I can't see how they aren't a negative.

15. White Knight

White Knight Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 28, 2010
    But don't you see? Any change Bethesda makes is "growth", regardless of whether it actually is, and we're all too bitter and blind to see it! We need to stop being so absurd, worrying about petty little grievances like consistency. :roll:

16. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Can't we just ban this little troll kid already and be done with it? All he's doing is embarrassing himself and the fanbase he's a part of.

17. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    We do not ban for differences in opinion.

18. woo1108

Sep 27, 2012
    I feel like he is more than different opinioned person than troll.
    well, it's fun to troll the troller with logic .
    so let him keep trolling :lol:

19. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Eh, at least it livens up the Fallout 3 forum for a change.

20. woo1108

Sep 27, 2012
    He made me reconfirm the reason of why fo3 is sucks.
    thank you fo3 fanboys :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.